Dressing better

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by LyonBC1

Last night to a hookah lounge.
The shoes are different colors lol, I was trying to decide which ones to wear, I went with the maroon ones.
Rsd, info on the gingham shirt? I need to pick up a few...
That is from Express, Extra Slim Fit...never messed with Express before, but the extra slim fits quite amazingly actually!

can u compare how those fit compared to others? jcrew or lands end if possible. Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by bhergh

Originally Posted by LyonBC1

Rsd, info on the gingham shirt? I need to pick up a few...
That is from Express, Extra Slim Fit...never messed with Express before, but the extra slim fits quite amazingly actually!

can u compare how those fit compared to others? jcrew or lands end if possible. Thanks in advance
I can't compare it to Lands End, but the Extra Slim Fit from Express fits more slim than J. Crew from my experience.

Extra slim shirts from Express are VERY slim around the waist area, I would only get it if you are indeed a very slim dude...otherwise it'll hug the $!+$ out your torso, unless you size up, in which case now your chest is baggy as hell, Express also has a "fitted" style which is really slim and will give your torso that extra room...I'm not a fat dude, but I'm a little wide at my torso and the extra slim was not a good look....from the looks of it, rds got the right frame for them though.

Ohh and yes, Express shirts are highly recommended...just don't get the wild jersey shore colors...buy 1 get the second one half off special thats been going on for as long as I can remember
smokin.gif

thanks guys for response.. liked that berry color too just saw the regular slim fit(modern fit)

^ word.

accessories.

i can't tell you how many times i get complimented on my watch, pocket square, etc.

a nice watch, tie bar or even a great pair of socks make you more refined and streamlined.

I may be wrong, but don't think that's a gingham shirt, they tend to have a diffrent pattern.

I need a new messenger bag, the Ben Sherman joint I've been lugging for over a year is tearing at the bottom. Price range $50-80, could go $100 if necessary. Leather or canvas, nice and simple.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I may be wrong, but don't think that's a gingham shirt, they tend to have a diffrent pattern.

It's a plaid shirt, gingham usually only have two main colors, the base and the gingham print/pattern (usually two alternating shades of the same color in the print/pattern).

^
Yeah, I find it difficult now to wear my turquoise gingham shirt.  Just looks too damn loud.  I have to wear it under a gray sweater.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Ohh and yes, Express shirts are highly recommended...
This surprises me, I associate them strongly with obnoxious lion logos smacked on fruity colored stuff. The shirts are well-made, decent material, etc.? I might have to enter that store for the first time in 5 years if so. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Ohh and yes, Express shirts are highly recommended...
This surprises me, I associate them strongly with obnoxious lion logos smacked on fruity colored stuff. The shirts are well-made, decent material, etc.? I might have to enter that store for the first time in 5 years if so. 
laugh.gif
Believe me
laugh.gif
I was the exact same way!  But I was in desperate search of slim fitting dress shirts for work (I'm really effin slim, so even the smallest sizes in pretty much every brand were still too big), so I gave Express a shot, and they do fit well.  I also picked up some of their merino wool sweaters cuz they aren't printing the lion logo on the chest anymore.

Originally Posted by Mag1c12783

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

Originally Posted by theekinqq

http://us.asos.com/Selected-Arno-Tr...VkL1NlbGVjdGVkLUFybm8tVHJlbmNoLUNvYXQvUHJvZC8.

THIS is how i want to dress.

im done with sneakers and tshirts
Granted some of that is nice but all of that together just screams "trying to hard"

Wear what you like but introducing a new style to your wardrobe doesn't have to mean abandoning your old style. There is a balance.

Qft. Different times, different places for everything
Aldo Gucci said, "Elegance is like manners. You can't be polite only on Monday or Wednesday." I grew out of the sneakers + t-shirts and never looked back. If I'm not in my pajamas, I'm not wearing a t-shirt. I also like the phrase, "Dress every day like you're going to get murdered in those clothes." You never know who or what you might stumble upon when you're out--might as well make sure you look good for it.

Executive76,

I have a Herschel "set" I put together for quick business trips. The backpack is my everyday bag. It's a sturdy canvas and has a laptop sleeve.

One thing to know if that A LOT of Herschel bags DO NOT use real leather. Only their Canvas and Cordura bags do.

2qaqyk7.jpg

I just picked up the Olive Abingdon Weekender Duffel from J Crew. I got the rucksack too but hated it. Here's the collection.

http://www.jcrew.com/inde...eaeb312c0282b7a5c6fd46bf

If you guys are looking for quality bags to travel with and aren't interested in 1k Louie Duffels, try Duluth Packs.

http://duluthpack.com/

Originally Posted by jplikejayz

any recommendations for a down vest this winter? i'm looking for something like this penfield one but don't wanna spend $300
tw_stapleton_vest_tweed_green_tweed_02_bi.jpg
that vest is ******ly dope
pimp.gif

so do u guys who own the dockers alpha also own the levi 521? if yes do they feel the same fit wise? or any recommendations of any jeans that fit similar but not tighter?

Originally Posted by bhergh

so do u guys who own the dockers alpha also own the levi 521? if yes do they feel the same fit wise? or any recommendations of any jeans that fit similar but not tighter?

I got the same question. Really like the fit on the Alphas. What is the Levi's equivalent? 513? 521?

Finally a LANDS ENDS CANVAS code!

LEC Extra 20% off Sale
show
w/ BESTCUSTOMER and pin 4186

expires Tuesday 10/25/2011

Back
Top Bottom