Dressing better

Originally Posted by sarteaga0408

Originally Posted by diceloveme

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

[h5]My next Pick up. Both brown pairs.[/h5][h5]Florsheim Gaffney – $96.00 w/ code link20[/h5]
15030-200.jpg
These are so boss
eek.gif
eek.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing some actual pics of the shoe once they are posted in here. I've resisted getting that particular brown pair due to wanting to see how the different materials looks together.
Not my pics but I found a worn pair for comparison. 
http://www.shopmyclothes....s.aspx?postid=5875 

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Can anyone recommend me a nice affordable brown wingtips?
Affordable is what kind of price range for you?  And light or regular/dark brown?
Under 80?  What color would go best with navy trousers?

Mmm at $80, I'd say you're options are a bit limited to find a pair...you can pick up some Florsheims, etc. for less than $80, but I personally think they're pretty unattractive.  You could check for some Aston Greys...I'm actually going to a few places tonight that sell em, I'll take a look for some wingtips in that price range and take pics if I find anything. 

Navy trousers, you can do any color to be honest.  Black, light brown, dark brown...probably the most conservative would be black...I'd go for a dark brown personally. 

I need a good black and white look for a night out. Celebrating my cousin's birthday and wants everyone to wear black and white. Formal event.

Anyone have any ideas? Pics? Suggestions?

Originally Posted by bhergh

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by bhergh
ok thanks will see how mines turn out , how many wears/ days/weeks prior to washing ur pair?
Probably around 20 wears, I had them for a month.  I didn't notice when I bought them but they were made of a stretch material.  They stretched out more than i'm used to.

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Originally Posted by sarteaga0408

Originally Posted by diceloveme

These are so boss
eek.gif
eek.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing some actual pics of the shoe once they are posted in here. I've resisted getting that particular brown pair due to wanting to see how the different materials looks together.
Not my pics but I found a worn pair for comparison. 
http://www.shopmyclothes....s.aspx?postid=5875 
that pic makes me not want to pull the trigger

Been looking through this thread for a bit and was wondering if I could get some advice.

I'm currently a junior in university and I'm looking to make some improvements to my wardrobe but I have no idea where to start. I've always been a t-shirt and hoodie person but I see the way some people around me are dressing and I'd like to look a little better. What I want is stuff that would be nicer than what I have right now (mostly Nike/Jordan shirts and hoodies) not so formal that it would look weird if I wore a pair of sneakers and a fitted with my stuff.

If that makes sense and there's clothing out there that would fit with what I want then I'd appreciate some help, like I said- I'm really not sure where I should look and what I should start with

Originally Posted by Arbas

How much were the Alden boots with the discount if you don't mind me asking.
It was $475 retail, discount was 25% off plus free shipping, add the tax and it's ends at about $380. Not bad considering Aldens doesn't go on sale very often.

Affordable is what kind of price range for you?  And light or regular/dark brown?

Mmm at $80, I'd say you're options are a bit limited to find a pair...you can pick up some Florsheims, etc. for less than $80, but I personally think they're pretty unattractive.  You could check for some Aston Greys...I'm actually going to a few places tonight that sell em, I'll take a look for some wingtips in that price range and take pics if I find anything. 

Navy trousers, you can do any color to be honest.  Black, light brown, dark brown...probably the most conservative would be black...I'd go for a dark brown personally. 
Okay thanks, I was thinking of purchasing a used pair of Allen Edmonds on Ebay or something and I prefer brown over black

Originally Posted by hawkflight6

Been looking through this thread for a bit and was wondering if I could get some advice.

I'm currently a junior in university and I'm looking to make some improvements to my wardrobe but I have no idea where to start. I've always been a t-shirt and hoodie person but I see the way some people around me are dressing and I'd like to look a little better. What I want is stuff that would be nicer than what I have right now (mostly Nike/Jordan shirts and hoodies) not so formal that it would look weird if I wore a pair of sneakers and a fitted with my stuff.

If that makes sense and there's clothing out there that would fit with what I want then I'd appreciate some help, like I said- I'm really not sure where I should look and what I should start with
I had that same issue around that same year in college thats crazy.. i just graduated this past december.  What i did is shopped at places like H&m and gap and places like that.  There you can get clothing thats are not so formal.  personally i say get some button down shirts like polo oxfords.. denim shirt or chambray shirt to show more style . stuff that you can wear year round even with a tie or whatever. get some sweaters too vneck, crew neck which ever suits you best.  invest in some khakis.  they are wearable with mostly anything depending on the type of shoes you wear.  Don't be afraid to look at thrift stores too.  you can get some good looking blazers for like 5 dollars and get them tailored to fit you well.  its not really about how much you spend but really the fit of your clothes.  
As for the sneakers its hard to really say because some sneakers are so bulky that you can't, well you can if you want, wear with certain clothing.  if you like wearing  sneakers and want to dress it up a bit i say wear sneakers with simple silhouettes like the jordan 1, jordan 3, and possibly jordan iv.  dunk lows aren't so bad either, chucks are perfect and vans eras are perfect.  usually if i want to dress better in sneakers i.e. foamposites or jordan vs for example i wear street wear that is not so embellished with logo.  for instance i wore a 10 deep cardigan with a regular button down shirt, jeans and some jordan vs.  its not jcrew, brooks brother level but it gives me a better look than just wearing a hoody or t-shirt.  

check out some pics from the style blogger

hope this helps

reIMG_6725-682x1024.jpg

[font=Georgia, Arial, Tahoma, Verdana]
[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

Okay thanks, I was thinking of purchasing a used pair of Allen Edmonds on Ebay or something and I prefer brown over black

Gotcha...I saw a few pairs, but nothing in your price range unfortunately...well that were anywhere near decent. I can still post pics if you want.

Dude needs a new haircut. Everytime his pic is posted I just want to run into him with a damn shaver and make him bald.

For one, I think it's completely asymmetrical. The jacket is cut so short that it just looks completely ridiculous to wear it with a sweater and a button down. A short jacket should be streamlined. It's completely incongruous to make a jacket that short dense by layering. It just doesnt look right. Secondly, the belt is completely out of left field. The top is fitted, more so than my liking, but it's obviously fitted. A fitted outfit should not be bogged down by a belt, especially one that monstrous. The belt is damn near as big as that ******ed book bag. Which brings me to my next point. What the hell is the point of that bookbag. Based upon what he is wearing, that book bag has no practical purpose and is simply employed as an aethetic accessory. Failure. Back to the belt, you can't bog down a tight fit with more $*@.

Look how tight the top is. He looks like he is sucking in air to breath. The jacket definitely needs to be expanded in the waist area or not buttoned at all. Now compare that to the cut of the pants. No matter how hard he tried to make the pants appear fitted by rolling them up, if you pay attention to the pocket area, his pants are baggy. You can't rock a tight upperbody with a baggy lower body. It's disgusting.

Fourthly, this fit just screams I tried too hard. Part of fashion is making something look effortless. It's obvious he tried to be fashionable with this fit. He failed and it makes it even worse because he tried so damn hard to succeed, especially considering the hair cut he has. It's obvious he tried to make it appear that he is effortless and not concerned with appearance, only to directly contradict that with the effort he displayed in his fit. So not only is the top and bottom asymmetrical, but also his persona and effort are.

And the shoes and socks are terrible. You don't rock lace ups with that. You rock some loafers. The laces just further heighten the bogged-downed effect of his outfit selection.

Just my opinion, though. Different strokes for different folks.

Originally Posted by miamib30514

How do you guys care/store/preserve the life of your leather lace ups?

Shoe Trees
Clean and shine every 2 weeks or so

Store in shoe box or the cloth bags that usually come with the shoes.

Thats just me though.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by miamib30514

How do you guys care/store/preserve the life of your leather lace ups?

Shoe Trees
Clean and shine every 2 weeks or so

Store in shoe box or the cloth bags that usually come with the shoes.

Thats just me though.
Product recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom