Dressing better

im from GA, btw. AF1s are still in, especially white/white. its a trend imo. Cuz in the early to late 90s, AF1s ROTTED on shelves. nowadays, they're a"hot" shoe now.
eyes.gif

i was never feelin boat shoes when my pops wore em (when i was little). But i grew to like em. I'm glad its not a trend YET.
laugh.gif
Cuz dont worry, timeless, or even classic stuff can be made into a trend.

Originally Posted by NewZ05

Originally Posted by NewZ05

where can i cop sum nice cardigans, v-neck type sweaters, etc in big & tall sizes.

i need at least a 3XL...any help would be appreciated
nerd.gif
anyone?

RL POLO?
Their clothes fit big, not JB Clothes big but big.
You can probably find and XL or 2XL that will fit you.

Hit up Express! Cant go wrong in that place...good quality and the prices arent ridiculous...Their denim is really nice!

yeah man Ralph Lauren is nice
pPOLO2-5873547_standard_v330.jpg

I bought something similar to that one yesterday but it was just vertical stripes

You can fake all this stuff...the same way 99% of you would clown a dude going into the inner city with baggy jeans and a Alex English jersey and looking likehe hadnt spent more then 3 hours of his life out of suburbia. Im all for "looking nice" but if youre going to fake it...everyone can tell.

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

You can fake all this stuff...the same way 99% of you would clown a dude going into the inner city with baggy jeans and a Alex English jersey and looking like he hadnt spent more then 3 hours of his life out of suburbia. Im all for "looking nice" but if youre going to fake it...everyone can tell.

Honestly, this is pretty difficult to fake. There are a lot more to it than just buying something off the rack and putting it on.
A lot of people struggle to make the change because it is uncomfortable in the beginning, especially if they have been wearing baggy Sean John jeans andoversized Phat Farm shirts.
Even when some people wear polo's, it isn't worn for the better since some wear it 2-3 times bigger in size.
Check out Jay-Z's fit, it has so much potential but the pants looks horrible.
It looks like parachute pants the way the shirt is fitted and then the whole jeans flare up.
The shiny color isn't helping either.
It would have been so much better if he wore a more fitted jeans or some slim fit chino's.
I am in no way saying Jay-Z is faking it, it is just an example of how it isn't as easy as throwing anything on.
bey-and-jay1.jpg

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

You can fake all this stuff...the same way 99% of you would clown a dude going into the inner city with baggy jeans and a Alex English jersey and looking like he hadnt spent more then 3 hours of his life out of suburbia. Im all for "looking nice" but if youre going to fake it...everyone can tell.
I agree with you completely, like i've always been saying throughout this thread you should let the person behind the clothing and externalaccessories do the talking and not have to rely on the materials to do it for you, that should be secondary to fit your personality. But of course if yoursituation dictates that you need to change up your clothing game for example (pulling certain chicks who like a certain way of dressing, a job/career, or justfor yourself) then do it, but don't go overboard and get something you would be totally uncomfortable wearing which like Variso said would just show mostimportantly on your confidence level.

Originally Posted by jumpmanfeva

Hit up Express! Cant go wrong in that place...good quality and the prices arent ridiculous...Their denim is really nice!
That's a negative. Most, if not all, of their denim have gone way down the drain with overly distressed and tears. They are now playingcatch up with trendy brands like Ed Hardy, True Religion, etc. with their style. Older Express was a whole lot better. Their sales aren't as good as theyused to be either. I remember a couple of years back I was able to score a grip of nice ties and socks on clearance for $5-7 a pop.

Bought some loafer socks from BR for 50% off to test them out. Disappointed in how high the rear are, it kills the whole look.
tired.gif
Also LOL at boat shoes being trendy. They may be trendy among the teenyboppers, but they will be classic once the trend is over. Sorta like how the average high school girl didn't get put on brands like LV until early2000s...thus making it 'trendy'.
c1090.jpg

white af1's are "trendy". they were real popular until these past years.People started to grow out of them. I don't remember the last time I've seen someone wearing white af1's (I'm from west coast btw)
yeah exactly....

air forces will always be popular in NYC

^His outfit is quite nice just one thing if his pants were just a little less tight and more slim fit rather then skin tight it would be much more presentableand classy.

Not tryin to take over but can yall help me change my wardrobe Im 6'1 215 athletic build. I need some more diverse stuff other than polo and nautica

he can afford to have his pants that tight, he's rail thin. excellent fit, I woulnt wear those pants tho
laugh.gif

sorry i havent been following this thread for too long....but do boat shoes traditionally go with slacks and a dress shirt?...and can anyone recommend someblack leather boat shoes. thanks

Idk I can't rock with the idea of Colored Denim. Not trying to bash. I have colored chinos and cords, but for me my denim always has to be a shade of blue,I don't even like black jeans. This is just a personal thing though.

Back
Top Bottom