Dressing better

Originally Posted by Phinsfan13

Some of ya'll are doing a great job keeping these brands in business. How many of ya'll actually go to thrift stores? You realize you can find almost all of this "vintage-esque" clothing there, and spend less than 3/4 of the price for it new. I just picked up 2 seersucker shorts, a pair of J&M dress shoes, a ralph lauren gingham shirt, two short sleeve brooks brothers shirts, and a pair of ralph lauren chinos, all over under $30 at my local shop. If you think you're too good to go into a thrift store, or that you're above it (which I know a lot of dudes on here probably are), you are being stupid. Not calling anyone out, I just have noticed over the past few pages that 90% of this stuff that ya'll are posting, you can save some serious bread on.
What thrift stores do you go to that has those stuff? If you're referring to Marshalls, Ross, etc. those are not thrift stores. Thriftstores = stores like Salvation Army, GoodWill.

I visit the local Marshalls once in a while, the con is that their selection changes daily so you have to have time to visit often. I'm a bargain shopperlike a lot of others in this thread, I would never buy anything if I didn't get at least 30% off.

That outfit 'Melo has on is pretty good except for the Kung Fu pants.
laugh.gif

sup guys...im trying to put together a fit for my college graduation. I don't want it too formal(suite), and it will be kind of hot. my schools colors wereblue/yellow and i kind of wanted to incorporate that into the fit. I was thinking:

-blue shirt, i dont no if I should get baby blue or royal blue or some kind of blue shirt with a pattern. what do you think?
-brown slacks
-a blue tie, with possibly some yellow/gold accents or stripes in it.
-and i cannot decide between shoes. i was thinking http://www.zappos.com/product/7158233/color/1446 ORhttp://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=53006&CatID=53356&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=15f64dc&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CMID=53006|53017|53348&Fltr=&Srt=&QL=F&IND=5&cmVirtualCat=&CmCatId=53006|53017|53348|53356

what do you guys think?

thanks

I could use some help finding a pair of sneakers like Jack Purcell but don't make my feet look like planks.
I wear a size 15 so it's pretty damn hard,

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I could use some help finding a pair of sneakers like Jack Purcell but don't make my feet look like planks.
I wear a size 15 so it's pretty damn hard,
i wear a sz.13 and i cant pull off JPs either or chucks
tired.gif

i know Adidas stan smiths look alright on me.

yeah i think thats why they only go to a 13 cause anything pass that is just pushing it.
and i was thinking of more of a canvas type of shoe

^thats gonna b a hard one my dude, i'll check on some kicks that go up to a 15 cuz the most i see is up to a 13.

Has anyone found in suede boat shoes in either a black or navy blue with a white bottom. There are similar ones posted on the last page, but are leather. Anyhelp is appreciated.

Originally Posted by kylewatson3

Has anyone found in suede boat shoes in either a black or navy blue with a white bottom. There are similar ones posted on the last page, but are leather. Any help is appreciated.
Hey it's funny that you posted that because I went to the Clarks store yesterday only because about a month ago I found a pair of tan suedeboat shoes that they made and it is probably the best boat shoes I have found all summer. I'm going back today to pick up the black suede version whichhas a white bottom and white stiching. Their called the Clarks Velocity but I can't find them anywhere online. Right now their on sale at Clarks for $50and have a padded sole so their super comfortable. I'll post pics later if I get them.

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

Damn, looking through this thread makes me want to quit buying t-shirts and Jordans.
it'll be the best change. but hell, i still rock tees n Jays on my chill days but realtalk, dressin "grown" is WIN!

where can i cop sum nice cardigans, v-neck type sweaters, etc in big & tall sizes.

i need at least a 3XL...any help would be appreciated

I stopped by the tailor for the first time today nd wanted to get some dress pants altered. Is $10 for a hem and $20 for tapering reasonable?

Here's the black with white bottom clarks I was talking about to the guy who wanted a black suede/nubuck pair:

2gwfi2w.jpg

ix58wn.jpg

The insole is very cushioned, pretty solid pickup for $50. And Clarks has this thing now where you buy one you get the next at 25% off so I would suggest tothose looking for a pair to go stop by. Only colors they have is black/white bottom, Dark Brown/Dark brown bottom, Tan suede/Dark Brown Bottom, and a reallyLightblue suede/dark bottom.

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

Damn, looking through this thread makes me want to quit buying t-shirts and Jordans.
it'll be the best change. but hell, i still rock tees n Jays on my chill days but realtalk, dressin "grown" is WIN!
laugh.gif
Funny part is that for what a pair of Jordan costs, I can use the $100-150 to put together a pretty good outfit, sans the shoes.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

2c55fc44893bb6e6d0d3bc52cee9cd25-getty-87746139ng011_lakers_nugts.jpg

Clean IMO probably it's the shot which makes the Pants look a little too baggy. I'm actually wondering if they are dress pants.

Melo's Stylist has been putting in work this season.
Anybody got info on the shirt?

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by Phinsfan13

Some of ya'll are doing a great job keeping these brands in business. How many of ya'll actually go to thrift stores? You realize you can find almost all of this "vintage-esque" clothing there, and spend less than 3/4 of the price for it new. I just picked up 2 seersucker shorts, a pair of J&M dress shoes, a ralph lauren gingham shirt, two short sleeve brooks brothers shirts, and a pair of ralph lauren chinos, all over under $30 at my local shop. If you think you're too good to go into a thrift store, or that you're above it (which I know a lot of dudes on here probably are), you are being stupid. Not calling anyone out, I just have noticed over the past few pages that 90% of this stuff that ya'll are posting, you can save some serious bread on.
What thrift stores do you go to that has those stuff? If you're referring to Marshalls, Ross, etc. those are not thrift stores. Thrift stores = stores like Salvation Army, GoodWill.

I visit the local Marshalls once in a while, the con is that their selection changes daily so you have to have time to visit often. I'm a bargain shopper like a lot of others in this thread, I would never buy anything if I didn't get at least 30% off.

That outfit 'Melo has on is pretty good except for the Kung Fu pants.
laugh.gif
I think I know the difference between a thrift store and marshalls bro. What Marshalls have you been to that you have been able to get all of thethings I listed for less than $30?

IMO, Melo's fit is atrocious.

Back
Top Bottom