Dressing better

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Good lord, learn some contextual reading skills man...your posts are complete tunnel vision-esque.
Hate to continue, but it seems that I really need to break this down for you step by step.
This is a post in which we offer fashion opinions to each other. The poster that you initially quoted offered the opinion that elbow patches were a fashion better suited for professors and old people- a commonly held perception. Instead of disagreeing with him based on fashion, you tried to completely disqualify his opinion by asserting that elbow patches aren't about fashion at all, but about function. This is why I said you jumped on a high-horse. Instead of responding to someone's legitimate, if stereotypical opinion, you tried to change things up all together and bring in the "function" argument. The function argument is BS. I called you out for your BS argument. 

End of story. Not sure why you think I have tunnel vision or can't read in context, whatever that means. Feel free to enlighten me though.

But I'm gonna go ahead and guess your response will be some combination of dismissive emoticons and something along the lines of "I don't have time for this".  

And you say I was on my high horse "bro." You're laughable.
Opinions, by definition, differ person to person. Yet you dismiss my opinion (keyword: opinion) and merely assume that I'm dismissing his comments. How is the function argument BS? Oh is it because you deem it as such or is that your opinion. It's not BS if, in fact, people do use patches for function.
Oh, in that case: your opinion is that $145 alligator skin elbow patches are more about function than fashion?
That's a strong opinion, bro. Way to go.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Good lord, learn some contextual reading skills man...your posts are complete tunnel vision-esque.
Hate to continue, but it seems that I really need to break this down for you step by step.
This is a post in which we offer fashion opinions to each other. The poster that you initially quoted offered the opinion that elbow patches were a fashion better suited for professors and old people- a commonly held perception. Instead of disagreeing with him based on fashion, you tried to completely disqualify his opinion by asserting that elbow patches aren't about fashion at all, but about function. This is why I said you jumped on a high-horse. Instead of responding to someone's legitimate, if stereotypical opinion, you tried to change things up all together and bring in the "function" argument. The function argument is BS. I called you out for your BS argument. 

End of story. Not sure why you think I have tunnel vision or can't read in context, whatever that means. Feel free to enlighten me though.

But I'm gonna go ahead and guess your response will be some combination of dismissive emoticons and something along the lines of "I don't have time for this".  

And you say I was on my high horse "bro." You're laughable.
Opinions, by definition, differ person to person. Yet you dismiss my opinion (keyword: opinion) and merely assume that I'm dismissing his comments. How is the function argument BS? Oh is it because you deem it as such or is that your opinion. It's not BS if, in fact, people do use patches for function.
Oh, in that case: your opinion is that $145 alligator skin elbow patches are more about function than fashion?
That's a strong opinion, bro. Way to go.

pallplaya, you have that Borat type hair.  If you rock a mustache you'd look like him.

pallplaya, you have that Borat type hair.  If you rock a mustache you'd look like him.

Originally Posted by shogun

lol, thats a terrible pic of my hair, it was the end of the day. usually its a lot better

lol, thats a terrible pic of my hair, it was the end of the day. usually its a lot better

Originally Posted by paliplaya2010

Are those boot cut or tapered

Originally Posted by paliplaya2010

Are those boot cut or tapered

Anyone know a quick nice black and white outfit for this event I have tomorrow? Its a dinner thats black and white themed, nothing too serious. People are gonna come dressed up but I know that theres gonna be a few lazy bums who are gonna come through in jeans and a cardigan and call it "dressed up". 
laugh.gif

Anyone know a quick nice black and white outfit for this event I have tomorrow? Its a dinner thats black and white themed, nothing too serious. People are gonna come dressed up but I know that theres gonna be a few lazy bums who are gonna come through in jeans and a cardigan and call it "dressed up". 
laugh.gif

Just got my JCrew Authentic Bayswater peacoat in the mail. Fit is great, but it has this little metal hook thing on the collar. I don't see it in the pics online. Is it supposed to be there, or should I be able to remove it?? I tried pulling on it, but it doesnt pull out.

ogdvds.jpg

Edit:smh:, nevermind, i see it now online. So now my question is, wth is it for?

Just got my JCrew Authentic Bayswater peacoat in the mail. Fit is great, but it has this little metal hook thing on the collar. I don't see it in the pics online. Is it supposed to be there, or should I be able to remove it?? I tried pulling on it, but it doesnt pull out.

ogdvds.jpg

Edit:smh:, nevermind, i see it now online. So now my question is, wth is it for?

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

laugh.gif

no invite bro?....damn!
throw on some slim black pants a white tee/polo, black leather and some black chucks...thats how id do it...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

laugh.gif

no invite bro?....damn!
throw on some slim black pants a white tee/polo, black leather and some black chucks...thats how id do it...
laugh.gif

Its a little dressier than that. Most people are gonna come with blazers and stuff. I was thinking if I can pull of a black and white outfit including a blazer and slim fit cargos. I have the idea in my head and I remember and old pic of a bunch of guys dressed in the exact same clothes all wearing blazers and cargos and it was a pretty nice look. I dont know how itll look til I try it on...what you think steez?

hit up the H&M in the mall bro, last i was there they had some nice black suit jackets....sounds like you have the right idea, the cargos are tricky though....most likely you'll need them tailored to get the right fit, i doubt you'll have time, bro since you are local, have you found any good tailors around here??....i go to this dude across the street from my job but dude seems to be a bit tooooo expesive...lol

Wheres a good place to get a few inexpensive, decent quality flannels in store? I don’t want a bunch, just 1 or 2 to keep in the rotation with my Polo sport shirts

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

It's just an extra thing to secure the neck close.  I've had my j. crew peacoat for years and have never used it.  I tried once but it was a pain to get it to hook.

Back
Top Bottom