Dressing better

Double post NVM dude is right I looked at the page wrong since they are all connected. My bad.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Does anyone know where I can find these square knit ties online?

a9xa-ktie-sspt-n-17506.jpg

crews got some nice relatively cheap ones, also you can look around to designers, some more expensive nice ones there too

Theres a Great Fashion spread In this months GQ ( with Justin Timberlake on the cover) for all us ballers on a budget , I wish I had a scanner to post up pics

Originally Posted by Stack Bundless

RFX45 can you post pictures of the difference between regular pants and tapered pants?
The names are pretty much self explanatory.

Tapered pants well taper in, giving a fitted form like so..
8510PlainFrontPants-w-Taper.jpg

Regular pants don't taper so they appear to be more baggy or loose, like so..
slacks.jpg

Yeah I know how the difference, But I thought that you had some comparison pictures of your own pants that you had tapered.

What are some places that sell relatively cheap (less than $50) slim fit khakis? Ive tried some from express and banana republic with no success, they fit OKbut the leg opening covers most of my shoe bootcut style even though they aren't.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

eff what anyone says, fonsworth bentley is one best dressed dudes in the game
1259bf.jpg

fonzworth-bentley-948ee7e7.jpg

pimp.gif
?
You know most people in the public eyes are dressed by professionals in the industry

RFX45 can you post pictures of the difference between regular pants and tapered pants?

It is pretty much what WJ4 showed. Here's some of my actual pics.
It's the best pic I could take though, I really need a new camera. Angle sucks too but I think you get the idea.

Not tapered:
or2l2e.jpg

Tapered:
1pa5ax.jpg

Keep in mind that both pants are similar in size and shape overall, except the bottom pic is tapered. I also have a thick thigh.
The top pic looks much baggier because of it being untapered while the bottom pic is a lot more fit because it is tapered.
The top pic also covers more fo the shoe while the bottom pic doesn't, giving the whole pants a much slimmer look.

As for slim chino's, Penguin and Ben Sherman are rather slim. They do have some wide fit pants but with Penguin, the Rockwood fit is pretty slim, exceptfor the bottom.
The bottom just needs to be tapered. The pics I have up top are both Penguin chino's and got them for around $25-$30 each on their website.
It was on sale and they usually have a 30% off sale so the discoutn stacks up for a great discount. +$7 for tapering and I have a great fitting pair of chinos.

Does H&M have a website because I keep seeing people talk about and I don't even know what it is?

Man, $25-30 for Penguin pants are a steal. They usually go for $100+. I have an eye on a pair of Penguin shoes too, but I'm waiting for them to go on sale.

Originally Posted by Agthekid

Does H&M have a website because I keep seeing people talk about and I don't even know what it is?
Yes they do, Google it. H&M is a guy's version of Forever 21. Stylish stuff at good prices, but the downfall is the quality. I hadseveral items from their shop and they didn't hold up too well after several washes.

I tried the pants on at Macys to make sure of the fit and then ordered them online. It was great.
For those willing to spend more, Paul Smith and Marc Jacobs are rather slim fitting too.
They are also tapered so i just need them hemmed as they are originally 35 inseam.

H&M has a website but doesn't show any of their items, just articles and a store locator.
H&M and Zara has slim pants too and pretty good for the price.
A lot of people find JCrew pants slim fitting, I do not however, not as slim as penguin or Ben Sherman at least.
Banana Republic "tailored fit" pants are kind of slim. I found one on sale at $15 and they are pretty good.

Originally Posted by RFX45

It is pretty much what WJ4 showed. Here's some of my actual pics.
It's the best pic I could take though, I really need a new camera. Angle sucks too but I think you get the idea.

Not tapered:
or2l2e.jpg

Tapered:
1pa5ax.jpg

Keep in mind that both pants are similar in size and shape overall, except the bottom pic is tapered. I also have a thick thigh.
The top pic looks much baggier because of it being untapered while the bottom pic is a lot more fit because it is tapered.
The top pic also covers more fo the shoe while the bottom pic doesn't, giving the whole pants a much slimmer look.

As for slim chino's, Penguin and Ben Sherman are rather slim. They do have some wide fit pants but with Penguin, the Rockwood fit is pretty slim, except for the bottom.
The bottom just needs to be tapered. The pics I have up top are both Penguin chino's and got them for around $25-$30 each on their website.
It was on sale and they usually have a 30% off sale so the discoutn stacks up for a great discount. +$7 for tapering and I have a great fitting pair of chinos.
laugh.gif
this is the dude you all are taking advice from. I hopeyall keep receipts, $++%%!# sheep!

There's finally a J. Crew that's local to me so I can check out their sale selection more often now. Also I forgot to mention one thing about tapering,or any kind of altering for that matter...if you don't have a good tailor yet, don't go dumping your whole wardrobe off at once.
laugh.gif
My friend had aterrible tailor, I guess he thought it was convenience since it was on his way to work. He brought all of his jeans that needed to be done, and they all cameback horribly.

Donfrat, what is wrong with my pants? How am I a sheep?
If you can do better, please... be my guest.
Let's see what you got? I merely provided advice when asked, no one has to listen and no one has to do what I say.

Originally Posted by wj4

There's finally a J. Crew that's local to me so I can check out their sale selection more often now. Also I forgot to mention one thing about tapering, or any kind of altering for that matter...if you don't have a good tailor yet, don't go dumping your whole wardrobe off at once.
laugh.gif
My friend had a terrible tailor, I guess he thought it was convenience since it was on his way to work. He brought all of his jeans that needed to be done, and they all came back horribly.

There were always a JCrew in the Valley. The Westfield mall (by Riverside drive) has ahd one for a while now.
And Topanga mall got one a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom