Dressing better

Any of you have an extra invite for the BR/Gap/ON Friends and Family coming up??
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

I've seen this topic on SF, but wanted to post here. What winter jackets ya'll rocking with?

I have a Steep Tech Snorkel, but that just doesn't look right with a few of my outfits. I'm looking into duffle coats. They're quite nice.

I'm just not sure how warm these jackets are. I mean, with every North Face I've had, I can wear a wife beater alone and strut through any NYC winter.

Look at the fit on their jackets! It's like tiny, female (or child) sizes. Who the F wears stuff that small?

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Any ideas for a herringbone blazer with elbow patches?

Also, what is a nice messenger bag for work? Canvas and/or leather is fine.

I don't know about herringbone but this tweed blazer from uniqlo was in August GQ. $100
tweed2.jpg
i was at uniqlo yesterday and they didn't have that blazer yet

the early fall stuff they had wasn't that great...i picked up a plaid shirt

D StaXX: what fit are you looking for? I think Levis has several fits and you would easily be able to find one that fits your needs.

D723: Do you want one with the preppy gold buttons or more of a cotton blazer. For the preppy/country club look i'll recommend RL; although several othercompanies make navy blazers. For a more informal blazer i'll stay look at Zara, J Crew or BR.

To those asking for the coat I posted, search "duffle coat" in men's clothing on eBay. The seller is named metrosexual or something like that
laugh.gif

Yeah I found the coat on ebay. Nice price also. I just don't know which size to get. I wish I could try it on.

Originally Posted by hammerdown10

I don't know about herringbone but this tweed blazer from uniqlo was in August GQ. $100
tweed2.jpg

The GQ mag said it will hit the store at the end of this month/early next month. They also said that you should get it in a hurry so I'mguessing once it's gone..they're not going to restock it. For $100, it's a great item.

Uniqlo only has shipment of prefall right now those items that are in there now , are like residual items they have always dropped like the bubble vest etcI'm waiting for real fall which should be in the store by mid-late sept

Africa rep here ! Ghana

niidawg very nice , you go to that annual African picnic thing in August in NYC also?

This outfit here inspired me to do a post on Street Etiquette about the madras print

http://www.StreetEtiquette.com

Its funny so far I have received hate/love for the fit its either I love that ,or that its bad lol no in between, and I'm pretty content with any feedbackI get to be honest. BTW these are patchwork pants that I rolled up so now it gives that look of shorts which I wanted to avoid , so rolling down the pants legone more time would of made it look more pants like I guess. one thing I know is I would not have done the wallys originally I wanted to do the j.crew chestnutsuede desert boots but couldn't get my hands on them so I tried plan B , which still worked imo but not how it should with cleaner profile shoes.. Onething I hope people recognize is that I never try to go out the traditional easy way, lol damn i talk a lot but i'm answering the frequent questions I gotfrom all over lol

jkissiwholefit.png

Originally Posted by hammerdown10

tweed2.jpg

Yeah i went on saturday, the fall stuff was eh, some items were nice though. But i didn't see that blazer

I think people can only be judged as "Trying hard" by another person if that's the person style then its looked at as just being normal. It mightbe "trying hard' to what you know and would do. All opinions I guess. Like my stuff could be looked at as contrived as hell , but for me its somewhatregular attire

Back
Top Bottom