Dressing better

Anybody know what size I should go with a Topman pea coat? It seems like their clothing sizing is smaller than the "norm". I'm about 5'8,140lbs. Would a small be too tight, or should I go with a Medium? Thanks in advance.

Here it is:
Topman pea coat

Originally Posted by jmal519

can someone put up some pics of nice, casual oxfords? in dark brown and black. i know that i can "google search", but i'd like to know which ones "look nice". i don't want to make the same mistake as the poster on the previous page who bought those brown shoes. i don't want to think that i'm "doin it" when, really, i'm not.

i know i asked before, but haven't seen any pics. thanks a lot. i'm looking for something that will go well with dark jeans.

cage_b11.jpg

211.jpg

411.jpg

Red ones as bonus.

Originally Posted by jmal519

can someone put up some pics of nice, casual oxfords? in dark brown and black. i know that i can "google search", but i'd like to know which ones "look nice". i don't want to make the same mistake as the poster on the previous page who bought those brown shoes. i don't want to think that i'm "doin it" when, really, i'm not.

i know i asked before, but haven't seen any pics. thanks a lot. i'm looking for something that will go well with dark jeans.
not sure what exactly you mean by "casual" oxfords. but depending on the pieces you wear and the fit, you can incorporate any oxfordwith dark jeans and it will look very nice. found a few examples on the sartorialist from before:
9179JV0681Web.jpg

7019Wrist1Web1.jpg

wingtips are quite easy to pull off in a casual look. they also age very well. above two are just an example of pulling off oxfords casually, you could throwin a pair of dark jeans and any shirt/sweater/suit jacket combo on top and it will look good imo. check allen edmonds, crockett and jones, loake, florsheim,alden etc etc for shoe ideas.

The red/mahogany (?) tint for those Ferragamos is dope. I wanted that color for my wedding, but could not find.

If your talking about my post, those are Paul Smiths, not Ferragamos and yes, the red is awesome!!!

^^^^ arrrghhhhh i wanna pull the trigger..gotta take care of other stuff though

My roommate insists on wearing "jort" status cardigans
laugh.gif
..that joint annoys the hell outta me

i'm an XL body type but i always buy cardigans in L. they fit me a whole lot better & i'm a built guy.

Nice story huh

Cardigans are supposed to fit snug. Well, not sung, but a bit slimmer than say a dress shirt or something.

And that BB cardigan is copped.

Originally Posted by RFX45

If your talking about my post, those are Paul Smiths, not Ferragamos and yes, the red is awesome!!!

how much were the black ones. please dont say like 700 dollars
laugh.gif

Nah, Paul Smith shoes rarely hits that high.
Retail was I believe $4460 but got it on sale for $220-$230 several months ago.

im really trying to get a good idea for matching all my shirt and ties with suits. i got a lot of shirt and ties that match, but one cheap ugly grey suit. imjust looking for the combos for basically black, grey, and navy suits.

This might have already been asked/answered, but can desert boots be worn with boot cut jeans? Kind of sounds like a stupid question, but I'm trying topicture it...and I'm not sure it would look right.

800x800.jpg

I think I'm going to go ahead with this. what do yall think? if i do it'll be my last purchase for a bit

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

This might have already been asked/answered, but can desert boots be worn with boot cut jeans? Kind of sounds like a stupid question, but I'm trying to picture it...and I'm not sure it would look right.
id personally not rock it with bootcut. but then again im not even a fan of bootcut denim. a tapered leg or slim straight go much better withdesert boots.

RFX, I have a Givenchy leather I bought a few years ago with my bonus, I was just posting those as jackets I admired from this season. I do agree Diesel makesa nice affordable leather jacket. And for the ladies I saw a really nice black motorcycle jacket for around $300 for my girlfriend in Zara.
Here is the man himself, Ozwald Boateng, rocking the jacket he designed.
246qfib.jpg

Zara has very nice leather jackets at really good prices. I picked one up recently for about $200. I'll try to take some fit pics soon

Originally Posted by wj4

I was talking about pattern wise. And about trying too hard, you rolled up the pants, man...

Who cares if you're trying too hard or not, if you feeling it, then go for it. Don't get e-hurt, dude.

5967497176426536683757432d2d5a6c4f7a67-149x149-0-0.jpg

e-hurt? how do you figure? your recommendation just goes to show how different our tastes are and how we both perceive the term "lively.." ifyou've seen paul smith and/or duchamp socks most of their offerings are patterned, which is surprising considering you posted a run-of-the-mill argylesock. as for rolling up my jeans, i was "feelin' it" so i decided to "go for it" because I like it. don't get mycomments twisted now, you have your own style and i have mine and that's all that really matters. FYI, try not to contradict yourself by stating not tocare about how to wear something then take a shot on how i wear my jeans, "dude."

30% OFF F&F Sale at Brooks Brothers.

is this online only or in-store also? i have yet to try their extra slim fit offerings. their slim fit fits better than RL's custom-fit for me. thanks forcoupon. can't get anymore trad than BB.

302lxyw.jpg

I'm REALLY contemplating on up these john varvatos...but the $460 is
frown.gif

Just out of curiosity, these boots have the zippers on thje side...would it be safe to tuck my jeans inside the boot? I've seen some mannequins at bloomysthat pulled it off real well..but i just dont know how it would look if i do it in person.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by artysm

Originally Posted by wj4

I was talking about pattern wise. And about trying too hard, you rolled up the pants, man...

Who cares if you're trying too hard or not, if you feeling it, then go for it. Don't get e-hurt, dude.

5967497176426536683757432d2d5a6c4f7a67-149x149-0-0.jpg

e-hurt? how do you figure? your recommendation just goes to show how different our tastes are and how we both perceive the term "lively.." if you've seen paul smith and/or duchamp socks most of their offerings are patterned, which is surprising considering you posted a run-of-the-mill argyle sock. as for rolling up my jeans, i was "feelin' it" so i decided to "go for it" because I like it. don't get my comments twisted now, you have your own style and i have mine and that's all that really matters. FYI, try not to contradict yourself by stating not to care about how to wear something then take a shot on how i wear my jeans, "dude."

30% OFF F&F Sale at Brooks Brothers.

is this online only or in-store also? i have yet to try their extra slim fit offerings. their slim fit fits better than RL's custom-fit for me. thanks for coupon. can't get anymore trad than BB.

LOL fighting about fashion

Back
Top Bottom