Dressing better

e-hurt? how do you figure? your recommendation just goes to show how different our tastes are and how we both perceive the term "lively.." if you've seen paul smith and/or duchamp socks most of their offerings are patterned, which is surprising considering you posted a run-of-the-mill argyle sock. as for rolling up my jeans, i was "feelin' it" so i decided to "go for it" because I like it. don't get my comments twisted now, you have your own style and i have mine and that's all that really matters. FYI, try not to contradict yourself by stating not to care about how to wear something then take a shot on how i wear my jeans, "dude."
I'd figure you were heated because of the bolding and quotation to mimic sarcasm. You should already know the rule...you post a pic up,expect criticism..both good and bad. Carry on.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Zara has very nice leather jackets at really good prices. I picked one up recently for about $200. I'll try to take some fit pics soon
Yeah I seen one nice one with a hood, retailed about $99 but only had sizes xl left
frown.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

You should already know the rule...you post a pic up, expect criticism..both good and bad. Carry on.

you should really take your own advice before giving it.

not sure how you misinterpreted my comment "any more livelier than Pink socks" as being heated but it sparked something in you to respond & makea snide comment. i simply pointed out the obvious and responded. why? b/c it's a message board.

as to the above poster, not sure how discussing is equivalent to "fighting."

Originally Posted by omgitswes

how come there isn't a zara or h&m online shop?
I'm not sure about Zara, but I believe H&M wants to keep a somewhat exclusive vibe. I remember the first local branch that opened here inSoCal....the line to get in on opening day was literally wrapped around the block like it's a limited Nike release.

I like most of the outfits 87 posted from RL.

Originally Posted by picknroll24

laugh.gif
at the thought of H&M being exclusive
It is though, man. If you go to a H&M store, there's a good chance something you want will have broken up sizes and they don't stockup on them often. Example: that tweet blazer that go for $100 sold out pretty quick at the 3 H&M stores around here. They have yet to re-up.

Back 2-3 years ago when I wore their t shirts, it was a pain just to find white plain t's in my size because they rarely stock up.

he is right though. sometimes ill go to h&m and see something i like only to see my size is all swooped up. and usually i wont ever see it again. im not upfor driving around so cal checking different stores.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

he is right though. sometimes ill go to h&m and see something i like only to see my size is all swooped up. and usually i wont ever see it again. im not up for driving around so cal checking different stores.
laugh.gif
Definitely true. If you see something you like at H&M and you don't scoop it, there's a good chance your size will be gone or the itemwill be gone altogether not too far in the future.

I just started hitting up Zara's recently. No purchases yet but I've definitely seen some stuff I like. Anybody know what the quality is like?

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by RFX45

30% OFF F&F Sale at Brooks Brothers.
Code: Friend88
You can get this cardigan for $97 (Retail $138).
http://www.brooksbrothers...ctioncolor=&sectionsize= .
542P_NAVY

They also have their extra slim fit shirts for sale for 3 for $199 and the 30% off is applicable so you save an extra $60 there too.
Very good deal i think.
man........if this was black instead of navy....
It would be Gucci.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

he is right though. sometimes ill go to h&m and see something i like only to see my size is all swooped up. and usually i wont ever see it again. im not up for driving around so cal checking different stores.
laugh.gif
Definitely true. If you see something you like at H&M and you don't scoop it, there's a good chance your size will be gone or the item will be gone altogether not too far in the future.
it also depends on what market your in...for awhile H+Ms around here were just womens...most still are but a couple have expanded to carry mens...

so while there might be like 15 H+M stores around...only like 2-3 carry mens

Getting ready for this Gilt sale w/ the few invitation credits I got..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

don't really rock with these brands i could go for some more Rogan denim tho.

Fits for the week:

Friday Casual aka Momma Said ... :

with Shoes:

Thursday:

Wednesday:

Tuesday:

Monday:

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Ferragamo's are probably one of my favorites, especially since they fit me well. I can get away with wearing Zegna loafers to work, so that's my basic every day black shoe. I rock with Johnston & Murphy for some browns. I have some Cole Haan drivers which I'm very disappointed in. The quality, IMO, is subpar.
Which version do you have? The reason I ask is because I tried on a pair of Cole Haan Gunnisons and the shoe seemed great. Only reason I didn't buy them was because of the ugly croc pattern and have been trying to find a pair without the pattern.
I checked finally, Cole Haan Barton Venetian

Originally Posted by RFX45

The GT's retail for $290.
At ShermanBrothers, Alden Indy's are $320 and w/ a 10% discount it goes down to $288.

I mean if you can afford the RW GT's, you should be able to afford the Indy's as well.

This one won't be as low profile as the Indy but it is cheaper, check out Wolverine's Montgomery, retails for $235.
picture-5.png
Wolverine have some nice ones coming out for fall. the 1000 mile is the one I was looking at. But I cant find them anywhere for sale online?

Originally Posted by SoleOnEyez

I know I'm late but I just realized niidawg writes the product description on his dry erase board lol
roll.gif

lol - naah, its actually random compliments and thoughts to guys on another forum i post on.

if guys would post more fits here, i'd do a more NT specific one just for kicks.

Nice fits NiiDawg, not much needs to be said.
laugh.gif
I do recognize some of those name on your board from SF, I hope to become like PG someday.

We really should try to turn this into somewhat of a WDAYT of something but I doubt it would get much participation.

The 1000 mile boots will be very limited from what I understand. It retails for $350+ though, I have better choices for boots in that price really.
Alden, hell even Paul Smith boot could be had for that price (or close to it) and it won't be as bulbous in the toe.
Montgomery, for a $230 boots, doesn't look too bad from real pics, toe doesn't look bulbous either. Although people did have complaints about the colorand construction.
3951210569_775398e4b8_o.jpg

3951988778_eff4a14a7a_o.jpg

Pics of the 1,000 mile boot and I am not that impressed and a review: http://www.thefedoraloung...m/showthread.php?t=42596 .

SkunkInDunks, thats a nice leather jacket. Still looking for that staple brown leather jacket but I think this might be it.
Price isn't so bad either since it is Diesel.
NMN0GT0_mt.jpg

i don't have any fits worth posting for real. my everyday fit to class is basically just jeans and a polo.
that dude PG is serious though, are all his suits custom made? I really want at least one suit like that.

thanks RFX ...

how/why are these boots (or many of the other boots shown) more superior to Timbs ... are these just better construction? or are the bulbous-ness of the toe onTimbs a turn-off to people?

and PGs fit game is def on point ... but i feel like his photography game takes his fit game to the next level. i feel a lot of people dress as well, and insome cases better than him, but he photographs and catalogs his fits so well, you see EVERY detail which makes it seem superior to others.

Construction-wise, when it comes to Alden, Grenson, etc... construction is miles ahead of Timbs, not only that but materials used as well.
Timberland Boot Co. (their higher sub-division) is more on par with Wolverine.

The problem with Timberland is that they have really bulbous toes and often are really wide.
Most people prefer low-profiles and generally, a slimmer or narrower shoe looks better with almost anything I think (as long as it's not cowboy, pointyboots narrow).
Plenty people also prefer leather soles for a more low profile fit, it is also usually a sign of better shoe because really, rubber vs. leather as soles therereally isn't much to say about which one would be perceived as more expensive or "elegant".
Timberland also has a bad image with it being so popular in hip-hop for a whole decade now.
I mean the wheat, 6" boot is a street staple and really, not too versatile.
I have managed to pull off my PS Ricards with suits and jeans.

Back
Top Bottom