Dressing better

Yuketan Ranger Chukka's..
xpbfw5.jpg

leather, gum sole, a buckle AND the buttery suede?! Whaaat!!!
pimp.gif

late night + $38 = gently used Florsheim wing tip with goodyear welted construction and leather sole

I just received them so they need a bit of TLC. I've run out of saddle soap and I need to buy the right color Meltonian cream for this pair. With someelbow crease and quality products it should buff up to a nice shine. shape would've been better if i had used a shoe tree.

How does the thick sole of some wallabees compare to let's say some Jordans... wallabees look sick but it seems like the sole adds another foot toyour height.
laugh.gif

RFX, where did you buy the Levi's trousers? I went to the Levi's store in SF and all they had were cargo pants and these Eco-Trousers which looked moreCarhartt than Levi's.

And I can't tell from the pictures you posted, but can those trousers substitute chinos if the occastion calls for "business casual" attire?

I got these about a month ago........I want to wear them some with jeans, but im hella scared the jeans are going to bleed or discolor them...thoughts?

Originally Posted by wj4

About to leave for school to give a 5 min introduction for my research topic. I guess this is the prequel to the real 45 min speech in a month or so.
laugh.gif

Edit: The last button on the vest is undone and the tie knot looks crappy..about to redo it now.
laugh.gif

rs4e9y.jpg

is that an orphaned vest from a 3pc suit?

you have too many similar patterns going on ... to use different patterns, they have to be of different gradient/sizing

Originally Posted by manamazing55

I got these about a month ago........I want to wear them some with jeans, but im hella scared the jeans are going to bleed or discolor them...thoughts?

I dunno though i think that color is out of season

Originally Posted by manamazing55

I own those and I've worn them to concerts, raves, out in the rain, in the mud, etc, and they are so easy to clean so just don't be afraid to get themdirty.

Nii - it's just a vest I bought by itself at the local Macy's, not part of the suit. The plan had been to use a regular light blue shirt, to play itsafe. I don't know what happened but I felt like wearing that shirt today.

Professor just wants us to wear a dress shirt today, and a tie for the 45 min presentation. (He was heated that grad students can't even dress up properlyto present) I wore the outfit with dark blue jeans and sand DB's.

Originally Posted by What up

RFX, where did you buy the Levi's trousers? I went to the Levi's store in SF and all they had were cargo pants and these Eco-Trousers which looked more Carhartt than Levi's.

And I can't tell from the pictures you posted, but can those trousers substitute chinos if the occastion calls for "business casual" attire?

The last 3 Levis I got were from Levis.com and no, I wouldn't wear them as a business casual attire. It's a casual chino, very casual, especially withthe Levis stitching in the back pocket.
I love wearing casual chinos and they fit so well at a very reasonable price so I figured why not. I am considering on getting the other two light colors atLevis.com too but I'm not sure yet.

Also, BRraptors, nice steal on those Florsheims. I think it would look better with a little less shine, maybe a bit of a matte finish with very little shine.That's just me but the possibilities are endless with those.
Good luck with bringing it back to life.

So can someone give me ideas on some business casual looks? I'm seriously freaking out here. I'm starting a new job on Monday and I have NOTHING towear. I only know how to dress super casual, or in business attire. The company is young, and fairly trendy, so the dress code leans more towards the casualside of business casual, but I'd still rather not show up in a t-shirt. I bought a bunch of merino wool v-neck sweaters (black, charcoal, light grey) but Idon't know what else?

What kind of company are working at?
It really depends because chinos and polos with loafers could be business casual in one place and slacks with dress shirt and tie could be business casual forthe other.
I would suggest wearing some slacks with dress shoes and a dress shirt with a tie for the first day and get a feel of how other wear their clothes.
Worst comes to worst, you can take the tie off and loosen the top button and still look real business-like.

I'm working for a nightlife company. Everyone there (CEO included) is under 30. When I asked the boss what the dress code was, he told me "Whateveryou've been wearing to your interviews... not that! No ties!" Realistically, I could wear a t-shirt and some Dunks and get away with it, but since Ihave the freedom to dress however I want for the first time in my career, I want to take advantage. Unfortunately for me, I'm a 23 year old who stillthinks I'm in college and dress as such.

Van - reading the description reminds me of Zappos.
laugh.gif

I would go with this....dress shirt, no tie, blazer, chinos, maybe even Wallabees or DB's to make it really casual? But me being me, I would personally gowith wing tips or a traditional style loafer.

Put on some loafers and slacks and you'll be good. Tons of loafers out there, just depends on your budget. As for the top, I think you're on the righttrack w/ the sweaters.

I like WJ4's tip minus the shoes.
I'd go with the lace-ups, Wallabees are too bulky and I can't imagine it looking too well with slim chinos.
DB's are less bulky but the sole being crepe kind of take it to a more casual place.
Grey slacks, navy sport coat and a white (w/ or w/o stripe) sport shirt w/o a tie along with a brown wingtip or cap toe dress shoes w/ a brown belt would be agreat look.
At times, you can even substitute the sport coat for a v-neck sweater or cardigan and still look business casual without looking too old.

Originally Posted by RFX45

I like WJ4's tip minus the shoes.
I'd go with the lace-ups, Wallabees are too bulky and I can't imagine it looking too well with slim chinos.
DB's are less bulky but the sole being crepe kind of take it to a more casual place.
Grey slacks, navy sport coat and a white (w/ or w/o stripe) sport shirt w/o a tie along with a brown wingtip or cap toe dress shoes w/ a brown belt would be a great look.
At times, you can even substitute the sport coat for a v-neck sweater or cardigan and still look business casual without looking too old.
I don't think Vancity can even fit into slim chinos. He's posted his pic in the getting in shape thread and he's on the more muscularside. He probably has to opt for a more traditional/classic cut.

I also agree with a v-neck sweater or cardigan will work.

Ah, I didn't know that but finding fitted pants should be easy for him though.
It could look slim on him just by getting pants with a 1" clearance in the thighs of the classic fit and taper the bottom of the pants.
Chances are, he'll have to get the pants hemmed anyways.

I can fit into slim pants thanks to not having any sort of @%+, but it looks kinda silly because I'm top heavy and I have a pretty big chest.

V-necks and cardigans sound good. Not really a fan of button-ups unless they're tucked in, and this isn't a tucked in sort of place so...

edit: appreciate the help guys. If you see any nice business casual looks that catch your eye online, please post them up! Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom