Dressing better

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

Originally Posted by DenisHot

Guys, I work in a corporate environment and I need a new pair of dress shoes. I would wear my Olympic 7s but they're not DS. Any suggestions?

As long as you rock it with a Falcons Vick jersey, you good on those Oly 7's
pimp.gif

I kid. I can't picture a corporate environment where you'd even consider wearing J's...
To answer your question, it depends on how you're going to dress; suit/tie kinda thing or button down/polo/rugby shirts with slacks?

I might be nitpicky but I'm wondering if you guys have any experience with Made In US clothing that can be found at department stores or online?

I haven't had too much luck while looking at labels at various department stores and searching on the internet. I've found designer denim, but otherthan that, slim pickings.

And looking at those pants up there from SF's WAYWT, I was reminded of the time I crouched down and absolutely shredded a pair of trousers. It wasn'teven a seam that bursted, the pants separated through the leg.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Saw some nice Suits today @ BR but because it was a Saturday and busy I said __ that and will go back during mid week and take my time with that and pick up some Sweaters I need for the Office.

Picked up these niccccccce Corduroy Pants, 40% off too love them.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
I thought you was a trapper like henz0.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Mercutio

I might be nitpicky but I'm wondering if you guys have any experience with Made In US clothing that can be found at department stores or online?

I haven't had too much luck while looking at labels at various department stores and searching on the internet. I've found designer denim, but other than that, slim pickings.

And looking at those pants up there from SF's WAYWT, I was reminded of the time I crouched down and absolutely shredded a pair of trousers. It wasn't even a seam that bursted, the pants separated through the leg.
laugh.gif
Well ACL has The American List, would this help?

^Thanks a lot Falcon. That actually helps a ton, it adds to the list of brands that carry Made in USA products. I'll still need to check the tags on theitems, but I guess that's just necessary. Again, thanks for the list, very much appreciated.

Originally Posted by Mercutio

I haven't had too much luck while looking at labels at various department stores and searching on the internet. I've found designer denim, but other than that, slim pickings.

And looking at those pants up there from SF's WAYWT, I was reminded of the time I crouched down and absolutely shredded a pair of trousers. It wasn't even a seam that bursted, the pants separated through the leg.
laugh.gif
It's pretty rare to find stuff that's made in the U.S. anymore. The only thing that's made in the states that I own that come to mindis the Hugo Boss suit.

Keep in mind that these items are made for the general public AKA out the box, so tailoring is always an option.

Originally Posted by wj4

About to leave for school to give a 5 min introduction for my research topic. I guess this is the prequel to the real 45 min speech in a month or so.
laugh.gif

Edit: The last button on the vest is undone and the tie knot looks crappy..about to redo it now.
laugh.gif

rs4e9y.jpg

Dope fit

Originally Posted by wj4

Saw some nice Suits today @ BR but because it was a Saturday and busy I said __ that and will go back during mid week and take my time with that and pick up some Sweaters I need for the Office.

Picked up these niccccccce Corduroy Pants, 40% off too love them.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
I thought you was a trapper like henz0.
nerd.gif
? That's one of the dumbest things I've read.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

Tonight... (not really sure what happened to the right hand, I guess it's that fast fabbing motion
laugh.gif
)
10dxkdx.jpg

your vest/shirt pics have been
pimp.gif
but c'mon? seriously? pants looksterrible.

Nice vests and cardigan mix WJ4. I don't think the pants are that terrible in that one but I think the white undershirt kind of messes it up a bit.
A v-neck shirt that doesn't appear too much and maybe in grey would be a much better choice with that v-neck sweater.

Some fit pics of the 511 trouser pants. Fit is good overall, a bit roomy in the waist but nothing a belt can't solve.
Here's the navy and black:
712.jpg

Wore the grey ones last night. It was actually getting chilly at night in SoCal so I had to integrate a sweater.
I wish I could exchange that sweater in a smaller size, losing a bit of weight ftl when it comes to clothes. DAMN summer basketball!

Nice vests and cardigan mix WJ4. I don't think the pants are that terrible in that one but I think the white undershirt kind of messes it up a bit.
A v-neck shirt that doesn't appear too much and maybe in grey would be a much better choice with that v-neck sweater.
I actually tried a v neck t shirt on, but a v neck t shirt under a v neck sweater looks pretty weird. Gray would be killer, but I don't haveany under shirts in gray yet. The white shirt was a generic Costco one.
laugh.gif
I would love to wear a dress shirt under that sweater, but it wouldn't fit.

but c'mon? seriously? pants looks terrible.
laugh.gif
What's wrong with the pants? Because I rolled them up for a high water look?

I was at Costco last week and they had a pack of CK v-neck undershirt for $30 but there were 6 shirts in the pack.
One even had a split of 3 whites shirts and 3 blacks shirts, I think it was a great deal but the smallest I found were a medium.
Just thought thought of it since you mentioned Costco.

As for that sweater, that is where you fake it where a short sleeve shirt works best because that will most likely fit inside the sweater and wouldn't looktoo bad if you decide to take the sweater off later on.
I'll admit it, sometimes when the sweater sleeves are too tight I wear a short sleeve shirt and even wear it with a tie, I just have to remember not totake the sweater off at all.
laugh.gif

The end result looks good though.

Oh yeah, do you guys know of any place to get knitted ties? I only have 2 from J. Crew and can't find any more patterns I want from there. I went toH&M and they didn't have any. They only got 3 ties and they were super skinny joints, probably 1'' at the widest width.

Originally Posted by RFX45

I was at Costco last week and they had a pack of CK v-neck undershirt for $30 but there were 6 shirts in the pack.
One even had a split of 3 whites shirts and 3 blacks shirts, I think it was a great deal but the smallest I found were a medium.
Just thought thought of it since you mentioned Costco.

As for that sweater, that is where you fake it where a short sleeve shirt works best because that will most likely fit inside the sweater and wouldn't look too bad if you decide to take the sweater off later on.
I'll admit it, sometimes when the sweater sleeves are too tight I wear a short sleeve shirt and even wear it with a tie, I just have to remember not to take the sweater off at all.
laugh.gif

The end result looks good though.
Costco always does that...having medium as their smallest size.

And yes I thought about faking it actually, but I also don't have any short sleeve shirts.
laugh.gif
I was laughing in the mirror when I saw myself with awhite t shirt tucked into rolled up pants...look like I should be going with a leather jacket a la Grease route instead.

so im thinkin of putting a fit together for my friends birthday this weekend i want to look semi casual its a local lounge scene but i dont want to be likeeveryone wearing striped button downs and slacks so im thinking

pLEVI1-6061683t500x607.jpg

pLEVI1-6054925t500x607.jpg

827-15009-p.jpg

my delima is i dont know what i could or would wear under neath the denim jacket. i saw a pic of kanye wearing a bow tie and a button down, but iono bout allthat, and what colors would you recomend throwing into that scheme since its semi casual. thanks for the help

i was thinking maybe a soft yellow or pink polo oxford or something.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Some fit pics of the 511 trouser pants. Fit is good overall, a bit roomy in the waist but nothing a belt can't solve.
Here's the navy and black:
712.jpg

Wore the grey ones last night. It was actually getting chilly at night in SoCal so I had to integrate a sweater.
I wish I could exchange that sweater in a smaller size, losing a bit of weight ftl when it comes to clothes. DAMN summer basketball!

how n the hell can u pull off a track jacket with a button down and a tie? damn, i needa step my @*%* up
smh.gif

BURR!!
tired.gif

Originally Posted by MNewYork

wat style jeans do i need for them to be "fitted"
Fitted jeans are a style by themselves, just like relax fit, bootcut, etc.

So Levi has some nice khaki/denimish pants? Would prefer a 514 type fit, but 501 would be fine as well. I know they have a khaki/denim 501 but it felt justlike denim.

Damn that sounded so stupid, I really dont know how to explain.
laugh.gif
I hada pair of Levi khaki jeans before that felt soft, and it had a slim type cut. It wasnt a "numbered" style though like 514 or 501.

I've never seen "fitted" labeled on a pair of jeans. Generally, look for labels such as "straight" or "slim" or even"tapered."

Picked up these niccccccce Corduroy Pants, 40% 50% off too love them.
pimp.gif
Fixed
wink.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom