Dressing better

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by wj4

WJ4, nice pick ups on the chukkas a page back, great price too.
Does the black ones have a crepe sole too?
laugh.gif
Nah, man. If it did, I wouldn't have got it. I would be slipping and sliding all over the rain.
laugh.gif
Picture of the sole.
Great choice. Those chukkas can definitely be dressed up or down and the rubber sole makes it much more versatile. Now you are ready for the handful of rains that visit us.
laugh.gif
Dude, I just checked the weather. It's suppose to be back up in the high 70s/low 80s tomorrow?
laugh.gif
I will wear them tomorrow and see how they are, comfort wise. I have a pair of BR shoes already and I love that pair. Hopefully I will like this one too.

The only reason I'm looking at those Sperry's is because I got 2 coupons today from Macy's, $20 off $70 purchase or more.
laugh.gif

Yeah, it's supposed to be in the lower 90's on Friday.

But if you are still looking for dress shoes, Macys carries Johnston & Murphy now, and some are going for $100-$110.
Some of the captoes look pretty good and that $20 off will help a lot.

I want this sweater vest, get my Corey Matthews on.
986576_fpx.tif

Come to think of it, that would make a great Halloween costume.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bhupy

Storm hit pretty hard yesterday and seems like i need to buy some jackets. What are some kinds you guys recommend and preferably places to get em. Maybe something similar to the the Ben Sherman one RX45 wore a couple pages back. I'm open to other styles as well.

How bad is rain in your area?
I mean where I am at, they considered yesterdays and todays rain a storm but it really wasn't much so I could pull off a lighter jacket.
If you deal with heavier rain, you may need a more heavy duty jacket.
A budget will also help in giving a suggestion.

How bad is rain in your area?
I mean where I am at, they considered yesterdays and todays rain a storm but it really wasn't much so I could pull off a lighter jacket.
If you deal with heavier rain, you may need a more heavy duty jacket.
A budget will also help in giving a suggestion.

I'm in Sacramento. Yesterday was crazy but today was hot as hell. So nothing too heavy, it's not like I live in NY. As far as price goes preferablylow-mid $100s range but nothing higher than $200.

Okay thanks for the input. On a side note your outfits are on key. I'm more a lurker than a poster but I've seen your outfits and they are clean.You're carrying this thread very well.

Quick question, if I go and get my jeans hemmed at a tailor shop is there a specific hem I tell the person?

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Quick question, if I go and get my jeans hemmed at a tailor shop is there a specific hem I tell the person?
It all depends on your preference. Some prefers a lot of break for the stacking appearance. However, I like the straight look so minimum breakfor me.

Depending on how unique the hem is. If its some basic stuff I'll save my $ and create one as I did with my last pair.

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Do most people prefer that they leave the original hem or just cut and "create" one?
When I wore jeans that only came in 34-35'' inseam, I always get an original job. But now I buy jeans that actually is of my naturallength so I haven't got a hem job in a while. I always prefer original job though, because with the cut and sew, you can tell the difference.

Originally Posted by Jkissi7

Yeah that was us on hb mainpage good people over there
Ty - I was referring to the Stussy X DM collab , those are sick foreal

They came in 2 other colors. The browns and black were kinda safe so I went with the grays. They were released in late August. Dr.Marten site probably has someleft as well as the Stussy store.
dr-martens-stussy-boots-1.jpg

RFX, I think I'm going to steal that outfit you posted on the previous page. I was wondering if there was a way to wear those Pradas without them lookingtoo athletic
pimp.gif

At work the other day:

Nice BB cardigan, should have grabbed one during the F&F sale.

I don't think the acups were super sporty, I've always dressed up the all black acups a bit, at least as dressed up a sneaker could be.
A lot hate it but I particularly like it. Of course I won't be wearing it in board meetings or presentations but with dark jeans and shirt, it works well.

I actually have to get the kids XL in that cardigan because I am 100% sure the small in mens will be too big.
laugh.gif

Yeah, it may be harder for me because I got the red patent ones. Oh well. I'll give it a go on one of these rainy days. And yeah, that sweater is enormous.The small isn't tight fitting in the least bit. It gives a slight flying-squirrel effect because of the low underarm fit, but it's tolerable--for themost part.

Kobe in the cover of the Italian Vogue.
They dressed him well, minus the sneakers, promotional plug for Nike of course.
luomo-vogue-2009-october-kobe-bryant-2.jpg
luomo-vogue-2009-october-kobe-bryant-3.jpg

luomo-vogue-2009-october-kobe-bryant-5.jpg
luomo-vogue-2009-october-kobe-bryant-6.jpg

luomo-vogue-2009-october-kobe-bryant-7.jpg

Originally Posted by wj4

Do most people prefer that they leave the original hem or just cut and "create" one?
When I wore jeans that only came in 34-35'' inseam, I always get an original job. But now I buy jeans that actually is of my natural length so I haven't got a hem job in a while. I always prefer original job though, because with the cut and sew, you can tell the difference.
Yeah thats the problem I have with hemming but when you're short, its hard to find your length.

I'm about 5'7. 170 pounds and its nearly impossible to find a 28 in length only online.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by wj4

When I wore jeans that only came in 34-35'' inseam, I always get an original job. But now I buy jeans that actually is of my natural length so I haven't got a hem job in a while. I always prefer original job though, because with the cut and sew, you can tell the difference.
Yeah thats the problem I have with hemming but when you're short, its hard to find your length.

I'm about 5'7. 170 pounds and its nearly impossible to find a 28 in length only online.

The good thing about jeans is you can get away with some break. It could look really good with some break or you can just cuff them for a more casual look. Soyou definitely could go with 30"-32" inseam.

Back
Top Bottom