GQ Shirt & Tie Combo
well damn...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

dressing better made easy
laugh.gif

RFX,

I asked a couple pages back but I guess you missed my post.

borell10.jpg

What are these called, and where can I get em? Or is there something similar you recommend?

Those are Paul Smith Borelli boots, I got them from Yoox.com and it is the only place I've seen those exact boots.
I saw the same one with black leather but from an online store in Japan.

The boots is pretty much a combination of chukkas (which I wanted to buy from Alden) and Indy styling at the toe (also made by Alden).
A good alternative would be getting the Alden chukka as it is the boots I originally wanted.
1493.jpg
1494.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

I really hate giving shoe size suggestions based on my foot because I feel like I have a weird, inconsistent sizing.
Plus when it comes to Alden, they have too many different lasts but in the Indy's, which has a truebalance last, I wear an 8EE (7.5EE would probably fit me as well) and wear a 9D in Clarks DB, 10 in Chucks/JP and 9.5-10 in Nike/Jordans.

Again, my best suggestion is to try the shoes on as it is very difficult to suggest a certain size on anyone.

Tonight...
bihar_11.jpg
want kind of cords are those?

i've been wanting a pair in that color

and i could tell that they're not green

Nope, those cords are 511's. My darker brown cords were from GAP (pic below), which fits more relaxed.
wh_mel11.jpg

^i envy you for having that Wing+Horns jacket. i couldve copped one for 50% off but i haz no moneyz
btw how tall are you RFX?

I found an Agnes B. jacket in my closet. I don't know who's it is
nerd.gif
but I want to wear it. It fits me but the sleeves are too wide and the bodyisn't fitted as I'd like it to be. Length is good though. My question is, is it possible to have a jacket altered without it being ruined? What if itis fully lined?

Yes, it is possible to get it altered. Blazers and suit jackets are altered all the time and those are lined. The only possible problem I could foresee is ifthe design is complicated that the shape would be ruined by any adjustments or there aren't any seams on the sides or back to make the alteration morenatural.

Yes, it is possible to get it altered. Blazers and suit jackets are altered all the time and those are lined. The only possible problem I could foresee is if the design is complicated that the shape would be ruined by any adjustments or there aren't any seams on the sides or back to make the alteration more natural.
It's a very simple silhouette without any complicated designs. There are seams too. I guess I'm going to look into this getting done. Ireally want to wear this jacket, it's amazing.
laugh.gif

Just bring the jacket to a good tailor. It will probably cost you $50 but you'll have a perfect fitting new jack to rock this weekend.

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Those GQ shirt and tie combinations look awesome.

I agree. I needed some inspiration too. I'm tired of almost being tonal in every shirt and tie combination I do.

GQ Shirt & Tie Combo

GAP
shirt14-gap.jpg

H&M
shirt01-hm.jpg
So the shirt and the tie combo can be purchased at the same store? Meaning, if I were to go to the Gap, I could pick up the shirt and the tie??

So the shirt and the tie combo can be purchased at the same store? Meaning, if I were to go to the Gap, I could pick up the shirt and the tie??

^^^ I would like to know this as well

BTW, anyone in the NYC area know if there's Zara store opened up (by) in queens center mall? I kept seeing people with zara bags but I wasn't surewhere it was lol

shirt14-gap.jpg

I bought a gingham from GAP and it wasn't a button down
frown.gif
. I wish itwas cuz I'd like to wear it with more sweaters, but it doesnt work cuz collar constantly pops out.

Also on the overcoat color, I think charcoal/grey would be best. Grey truly does go with all basic suit colors

Those CK boots doesn't look that bad, just a bit too high for my liking.
Hows the quality?

The quality is pretty good. Most of my dress shoes/boots are Calvin Klein and some Ralph Lauren. I don't own any Paul Smith's or higher end brand tocompare it to though, so it's good for the price I guess.

Is it possible to get dressed for a wedding for less then 800 and not be wearing cheap stuff? I have one to attend in Feb and dont know much about dressing forsemi-formal/formal events. It's indoor and theres no specific color scheme or anything like that.

Has anybody gotten a cardigan or a sweater tailored? I bought 2 cardigans from Uniqlo recently in London and they're a bit big through the midsection andback. I also bought a sweater in Paris AWHILE ago with the same issue...I see no reason why they wouldn't be able to alter these.

Also, does anyone have an Alterations Express near them? I need some pants hemmed/altered for Saturday night and apparently they do an OK job in less than 24hours.

Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom