Dressing better

Originally Posted by xR A I N M A Nx

Originally Posted by wj4

FEMALES LOVE A MAN WITH NICE JEANS MORE THAN ANYTHING. IF YOU WANT TO DRESS BETTER TO IMPRESS WOMEN, GO GET SOME TRUE RELIGIONS/NUDIES/ROCK&REPUBLICS ASAP!! I PROMISE U YOU WILL GET MORE LOOKS & PROBABLY MORE TAIL
You're about to get flamed for that (sans the Nudies).

The most important thing about the jean is how it fits you, not the brand.  Note that fitting goes beyond the waist, but how it sits on the seat and the thighs as well.

I beg to differ my friend. Ever since I put down the Levi's & picked up the jeans with the horseshoes I GET HUNDREDS more compliments from ladies & more tail as well. You try going to the club with some True's on and watch how many drunk heffers use your fresh jeans as a pickup line to come talk to you.
That was me a couple of years ago.  I had 15-20 pairs of jeans, all were TR and RR from Nordstrom.  Like stated before, I dress to make myself happy.  Yes I've gotten more than a few compliments about how well dressed I am, but that's not why I do it.

BTW there are some Levi's out there, ie Capitol E.

it really depends on how  a  person wears the stuff....you can make a cheap pair of jeans or shirt look expensive if you throw it together correctly...I've seen people wear TR jeans and make them look tacky @+$ hell ... and people wearing gap jeans looking right

FEMALES LOVE A MAN WITH NICE JEANS MORE THAN ANYTHING. IF YOU WANT TO DRESS BETTER TO IMPRESS WOMEN, GO GET SOME TRUE RELIGIONS/NUDIES/ROCK&REPUBLICS ASAP!! I PROMISE U YOU WILL GET MORE LOOKS & PROBABLY MORE TAIL
roll.gif

Originally Posted by i3allistic

it really depends on how  a  person wears the stuff....you can make a cheap pair of jeans or shirt look expensive if you throw it together correctly...I've seen people wear TR jeans and make them look tacky @+$ hell ... and people wearing gap jeans looking right
Like I said man...it's all about the fit.  When the clothes fit right, it's clean.  When it doesn't fit right...it looks like you borrowed it from someone else.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

eek.gif
wj4, that jacket was $$, I didn't even bother to try it on in the store, it looked too fly on the hanger
Yeah, man.  It was $275 and the student discount didn't work because it was a collabo. Only got the stupid discount on the bow ties. I couldn't pass it up..the red was too vibrant and too ill.

Go figure that I returned 2 pairs of pants at Barney's to 'try to save money' and bought this.
laugh.gif

Spent the last 10 or so mins trying to learn how to tie a bow tie. Still no good, going to take a break and resume tonight.

Same thing here but this video helped me allot, learned do it by memory after only 2min.

yo, why are you yelling?

Originally Posted by wj4

The most important thing about the jean is how it fits you, not the brand. Note that fitting goes beyond the waist, but how it sits on the seat and the thighs as well.

I beg to differ my friend. Ever since I put down the Levi's & picked up the jeans with the horseshoes I GET HUNDREDS more compliments from ladies & more tail as well. You try going to the club with some True's on and watch how many drunk heffers use your fresh jeans as a pickup line to come talk to you.

I wouldn't mess with girls that only took interest in my because I was wearing the "right" kind of jeans, but that's just me.

Originally Posted by wj4

Spent the last 10 or so mins trying to learn how to tie a bow tie.  Still no good, going to take a break and resume tonight.

Its easy once you get it down. You just have to get comfortable with the fact that its going to look like you messed everything up in the middle steps and just follow all the way through with it. You can always straighten everything out.

lol this guy missed the bandwagon on trues..Majority of people hopped off 3 years ago (except your favorite rappers). I like some of their designs still, but to prance around like trues are still hot shht is ridiculous..

The most I've spent on denim is for Nudies and they don't fit that great, now I do own more expensive denim like Capitol E levis, and Rogans didn't pay anywhere near retail and they fit excellent.

I have a $130 selfedge credit so I'll probably drop another bill+ on some decent denim once I stop losing weight, but after that it's Levis or GILT specials from here on out.

Trues are definitely still hot... not the obnoxious ones though... just the straight leg simple ones I see all the time... and yea you do get more compliments as well

I wear Levis, Trues and thats about it... I hate how my RRs fit.. I would sell em for 40 dollars if I could

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Trues are definitely still hot... not the obnoxious ones though... just the straight leg simple ones I see all the time... and yea you do get more compliments as well

I wear Levis, Trues and thats about it... I hate how my RRs fit.. I would sell em for 40 dollars if I could

In the hood right?

Yooo, I'm coming out of left field but just commenting...

Ever think, maybe the compliments don't come because of the jeans but because perhaps when you wear these jeans you feel that you're doing it, resulting in displaying more confidence and charisma... which attracts the female to say something. Just a theory. So in this case, the clothes is making the man. In addition, it's all a matter of which type of lady (or B) you trying to attract or those jeans attract.

Personally, I agree with others, it's about the fit (in addition the confidence you display and the way you carry yourself).

Originally Posted by wj4

The most important thing about the jean is how it fits you, not the brand.  Note that fitting goes beyond the waist, but how it sits on the seat and the thighs as well.
so Nudies get the pass?
laugh.gif
why?

RnRs do in fact have jeans that dont have those fancy back pockets.

as for getting complements: yes, it's true (women love those brands), but I to be honest I got tired of wearing these brands that I sold 17 pairs in the last 6 months. I couldnt justify paying premium prices for jeans anymore after I started wearing Levis.

that statement is ridic though.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Originally Posted by wj4

so Nudies get the pass?
laugh.gif
why?

RnRs do in fact have jeans that dont have those fancy back pockets.

as for getting complements: yes, it's true (women love those brands), but I to be honest I got tired of wearing these brands that I sold 17 pairs in the last 6 months. I couldnt justify paying premium prices for jeans anymore after I started wearing Levis.

that statement is ridic though.
I'm not a jean junkie, but I believe Nudies are raw denim where cats wear them for a year nonstop to 'make it their own'.

Yes, I've stated before that RnR has some nice dark rinse with no back pocket designs now. 

It's funny people think these brands are high end, but they're really in the medium range.

The only jeans I have now are from Joe's which is also carried at  Nordstrom.  I also rock a pair of William Rast (which has back pocket designs similar to TR) because it was given to me during Xmas.  The fit is good and I think it looks OK with t shirts so I'll go with it.

Originally Posted by rafsjays

Originally Posted by wj4

Spent the last 10 or so mins trying to learn how to tie a bow tie.  Still no good, going to take a break and resume tonight.

Its easy once you get it down. You just have to get comfortable with the fact that its going to look like you messed everything up in the middle steps and just follow all the way through with it. You can always straighten everything out.
I got it down last night.  The real issue I was having was figuring out whether to make the fold backward or forward to insert into the loop (the last step of the process).  Yeah I know I need to straight things out a bit. 
laugh.gif

55l4z4.jpg

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by rafsjays

Originally Posted by wj4

I got it down last night.  The real issue I was having was figuring out whether to make the fold backward or forward to insert into the loop (the last step of the process).  Yeah I know I need to straight things out a bit
laugh.gif
actually you dont ... bow ties are supposed to have some "fun-ness" and "slopiness" to them ... you nailed it ... maybe with a less busy shirt ... but u got it right.  

From THE HUNDREDS Blog, a shout out to this thread?

[h2] GROW UP. [/h2]
Tradeshow week is wrapping up in Las Vegas, and for everyone in attendance, I’m sure they were all thinking the same thing: “What’s up with all the rolled-up jeans and boots?!

Hundreds mad that only high school kids want to buy lime green paisley tees these days?
the dude who’s always gonna be 17 years old and shopping for an inspiring, smart, and pushy graphic t-shirt to kickflip in.
Yeah, thats not me. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom