Dressing better

I guess this would be the place to ask...

What is really the difference between an oxford, poplin, ect when dealing with dress shirts or sport shirts. Is it just the collar?

Oxford and poplin are both materials. Oxford dress/sport shirts are a classic look and usually the contruction are much better and thicker, very versatile,while poplin are usually thinner and a bit shinier.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Oxford and poplin are both materials. Oxford dress/sport shirts are a classic look and usually the contruction are much better and thicker, very versatile, while poplin are usually thinner and a bit shinier.
lol..Thanks,

I order alot of shirts online so I guess comparing the fabric and materials never came to mind...I feel slow now. Thanks though

It's an understandable mistake.
Not many people know the difference or even heard of it, believe me.

Originally Posted by donjuan513

Boat shoes with colored socks...never black or white. Wore my suede Sperry Chukkas today.
3-18.jpg
why do you cuff your pants? were u going boating?

why do you cuff your pants? were u going boating?

It's just a style dude, it doesn't have to serve a function. People don't always wear a hat because it's sunny. 99% of people wearing boatshoes aren't going boating. It's just style.

I think some people were looking to get jackets like this for spring
2cdp2b.png

And I'm not digging the long trench with shorts look, stupid if you ask me.

Yup, that's what I'll be doing for a good portion of summer.
Slim Chinos + V-Neck. Switch it up with a polo or button down though.
Cuff the chinos every so often.

Also, I sorta wanna cop a pair of desert boots, whats the best colour (most versatile) to work with?
I was sorta leaning grey, probably because i don't own any grey footwear.

got my Nike lux's in the mail. gotta say im surprised at how noticeable the icy blue in parts of the shoe. other than that, great shoe. still on the lookout for some common projects though

Eric, peep revolveclothing every so often. I got lucky last year and grabbed some cps for 50% off.

Originally Posted by 5tan

Eric, peep revolveclothing every so often. I got lucky last year and grabbed some cps for 50% off.

wah? 50%! yeah i know the site, but wow. i know this one place, i forgot the site, they should have a restock in AUGUST lol yeah, 340 is a lil too much, evenfor my @@$

Uh I just realized as far as most clothing goes I am pretty ignorant. I know jeans a bit and that is where it stops. As far as upper body clothing goes I'dlike help and opinions.

1. How much do plain hoods usually go for? I have bought 2 in life seriously and both were discounted.
I was looking at http://store.americanapparel.net/f497.html and they seem to have nice hoods but seemexpensive for such plain articles of clothing. Is that an accurate, normal price?

2. Also as far as coats go I want something light for the spring and saw event:http://store.americanapparel.net/rsan403.html. Is there something like that for cheap or is this prettygood for the spring season?

I think uniqlo is a cheaper alternative if you are near a store. I wish I lived in nyc,
frown.gif

Originally Posted by donjuan513

BG BabyGlock2 its from Martin + Osa.

Good looks, never heard of M+O just ordered a couple items out of the sale section....Didn't see the jacket tho
frown.gif
You got a name or style # so i can hit up some stores?

Thanks again dude

I bought Clark Desert boots recently in black suede and the beeswax leather and was wondering how do you guys take care of suede? I heard sno seal works wellfor beeswax stuff but I have no idea what would keep/clean suede well. Do you guys also use trees for your boots?

Originally Posted by Run DLC

anyone know where i can a cheap (nothing more than 200), but quality blazer?
I'm not sure of your body type, but just for off the rack fit, I love Banana Republic custom fit blazers. They're around $200 too, andcan at times be found on sale.

Back
Top Bottom