Dressing better

appreciate the info niidawg.

my only issue with the jacket is the shoulders...just a tad too big...isn't it possible for a tailor to refit the shoulders a little better?

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

my only issue with the jacket is the shoulders...just a tad too big...isn't it possible for a tailor to refit the shoulders a little better?

Shoulders is probably the most difficult part to alter in a suit. At times, it'll cost upward of $80-$100 (sometimes more) to get it altered. 
Sizing it down will involve plenty of work, taking the sleeves off, reshaping, resizing, etc... not worth it on a $150 suit, hell probably not worth it on a $500-$1000 suit since there is a chance the tailor could mess it up.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

St Pattys day Weekend.
26124_419876232626_592217626_5267003_317543_n.jpg

what kind of frames are those?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Shoulders is probably the most difficult part to alter in a suit. At times, it'll cost upward of $80-$100 (sometimes more) to get it altered. 
Sizing it down will involve plenty of work, taking the sleeves off, reshaping, resizing, etc... not worth it on a $150 suit, hell probably not worth it on a $500-$1000 suit since there is a chance the tailor could mess it up.

there you have it.

Got the Dior blazer back from Dynasty Tailors in NY.
To the dismay of many frequent posters here I will be rocking the black blazer often.

img1387k.jpg

H&M should have some nice henleys.
Converse ONE sold at Target should have some available too.

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

Got the Dior blazer back from Dynasty Tailors in NY.
To the dismay of many frequent posters here I will be rocking the black blazer often.

img1387k.jpg

roll.gif

No hate, it looks good. Wear it as much as you like. I stick to my opinions that it isn'y very versatile but if you wear jeans majority of the time, then youc an certainly make it work. 

Don't worry too much about what we say, enjoy your jacket as much as you can.

HEY GUYS, my cousin is in LA and is headed to H&M and he has terrible taste i want him to bring me back a few things. I live in Houston, I really would like a Khaki Blazer. Have you guys found any nice pic ups recently. What fitting would you compare H&M too? Zara? or Polo? Thanks for any help! If you have pics of recent purchase please post!

hm-logo-0908-a-lg.jpg

I got this blazer from H&M when they had the $15 off jacket last week (not sure if it is still going on).

As for the fit, it is closer to Zara than Polo, Polo doesn't even come close.

Originally Posted by Hella Fresh007

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

My current spring obsession is henley t-shirts.  Great alternative to normal crew/v-necks, feels slightly dressier but still casual and they're great for showing off a muscular physique
pimp.gif
what brand makes good henley t shirts.
 i want some.

JCREW

Try the same suit one size smaller and take a pic. Shoulder still looks a bit big. Also, put your arm down when taking a pic. I think it alters how the suit looks on you.
That one fits better than the first 2 but it still looks way too big on the chest and shoulder.

I hope Nii doesn't mind me using his pic but just use his as an example.

You can see the difference in the shoulder. If you stood up straight and put your arms down, the shoulder still passes shoulder while Nii hugs it without surpressing it at all. 

Do not worry about the torso at the moment because that could be fixed but you can see how close fit Niis jacket comapred to yours. 

New pick ups from H&M...I'm a sucker for gingham...doubt I'm gonna wear the pants & shirt as an outfit tho *shrug*

Looking to pick up a nice tan suit for the spring/summer. I usually go get my suits from this place called Shelton Clothiers in downtown Memphis, but I'm looking at finding something online since I don't plan on going home anytime soon from school. Is that a good way to go or its not good to do the online thing when looking for a suit?

Also, are they any online suit places that I could look at where they can do the altering online for you as well? I'm not looking to go over the $350-400 range though.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Looking to pick up a nice tan suit for the spring/summer. I usually go get my suits from this place called Shelton Clothiers in downtown Memphis, but I'm looking at finding something online since I don't plan on going home anytime soon from school. Is that a good way to go or its not good to do the online thing when looking for a suit?

Also, are they any online suit places that I could look at where they can do the altering online for you as well? I'm not looking to go over the $350-400 range though.

IndoChino might be your best option: http://www.indochino.com/product/La_Habana_Suit.html
Look for coupon codes online too, you migth be able to save an extra 15%-20% or get a free custom shirt.

While we are discussing the fit on suit jackets, I have had a difficult time finding suit pants that look normal when I sit down. They fit fine while I am standing but when I sit down, I get a bulge of fabric in the front. I was wondering if this is due to sizing, brands, fabrics, or something else and what I can do to fix this problem?

Back
Top Bottom