Dressing better

Originally Posted by rcdp

Gap is having Friends and Family on March 18-21 30% off
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by XkrispyELI

dwight's fit is pretty
pimp.gif
quick question.  Since it is spring now, is wearing cardigans (in cali) still a good fit? 
Many companies, like J. Crew, just released new cardigans for the Spring.  Cardigan is a very versatile piece.  It looks good with a t shirt under or a dress shirt.  It can also be used as a layering pieces for the colder months. 
thanks homie.
i am thinking of getting a black cardigan 

So I just tried on my old suit from high school and its straight up Choppa status. I currently wear a 40R while this one is a 46L
smh.gif

Niketalk i need info on a blazer....what to where with it....and a good pair of khaki pants (will jeans work?)

Originally Posted by Beast4ya

Niketalk i need info on a blazer....what to where with it....and a good pair of khaki pants (will jeans work?)
blazer+khakis+dress/sport short with button down collar+ topsiders

thats what i'd wear at least

Hey y'all...anyone know/have an idea of where I can possibly score some coupons for the GAP?

I'll be in the city tomorrow and I'm thinking about picking up some Selvidge from their Times Square store--though I don't really want to drop $90+ retail price...
laugh.gif

So yeah...any help would be greatly appreciated.

smile.gif

Shoulder is still too big. I'd say go another size down. The whole jacket is too full and boxy, especially in the chest area. Pants looks fine, the bottom can be easily fixed.
Is it a Kenneth Cole Reaction suit? Just assuming from the tag.

if you dont mind me asking - how much are you paying for this suit? CK suits are fused, poorly constructed, average fabric, low armholes type suits. depending on how much you are spending i might throw a couple recommendations your way for a better fitting/quality maker.

that is a Kenneth Cole...got it for $180.

i'm so damn skinny, it makes it hard for a jacket to fit well on me. that was a 36S.

first i recommend you go to Macy's or any of the other department stores, who carry numerous brands. based on the feedback given, try on several suits till you find the best fit. most importantly focus on the following:

1. shoulder: when you wear a jacket and touch your shoulder, the shoulder hem should lie at the same spot as your natural shoulder.
2. chest: the chest should button without stretching. also, if you put a fist underneath the button it should feel tight ... ie, there shouldnt be more than a 1 - 2 inchest of space in the chest/waist of the jacket.
3. buttoning point: your lower button should always be at the same point as the waist of your pants - not higher or lower.
4. arm holes: look for suits with higher armholes (almost like a dress shirt). dont go too high where you feel uncomfortable, but lower armholes create a funky look on your chest, especially when you attempt to raise your arms.
5. sleeve pitch: when your arms are by your side, there should be no diagonal lines in your sleeve (unless those caused by creases that can be ironed out). the sleeve should flow with your hand.

now when you find the maker/suit that fits in this manner - i'd recommend going back to TJ Maxx, eBay, Marshalls or whatever discount store/online spot you know and look for that suit in that size. Spend about 150 ... Drop another 50 bucks to your tailor to hem the pants, the sleeves and maybe a little waist suppression and you will have a better fitting suit.

my $0.02.

Back
Top Bottom