Originally Posted by LIQI2345

Need some input NT

Going to a fashion show/after party, and trying to figure this out

Black skinny or white on white?
If black, I was thinking black pants and my black Janoskis

If white, I'd go with dark blue denim and my grey and blue tokis

2yty1jm.jpg
1zvaosg.jpg
call me crazy, but i'm rocking a red skinny tie with that.

that'll pop like a cherry.

How much are those, RFX? I scored a pair of Allen Edmond Wing Tips today from Nordy Rack for $150, pretty happy about that.
laugh.gif

H&M has buy one get one free on select dress shirts as a part of their Spring Break fashion finds sale.

That baby blue cardigan is from H&M.

Not exactly sure but I'm gonna guess it'll just be for the rest of this week and next week. It was called a Spring Break sale. That $15 off jacket sale seemed to last for a while though so it could be longer.

Couple questions fellas:

Casual outfit with chucks, jeans, white button up, vest, tie optional. As a general rule, do I tuck or untuck shirt? Button or unbutton vest? Does it depend on the length of the shirt or colour of the jeans, or matter either way? My instinct says if I do no tie and perhaps lighter jeans, it's better to do untuck and unbutton, but if I do tie and darker jeans, I should tuck and button, but I dunno if other combos are acceptable. How long is too long of a shirt to leave untucked?

Second question, what mall retailers sell beeswax DB's, and also JP's? I live in Canada and I don't think we even have a store that has them here (for close to what you guys pay down there, but my family is going down this weekend to shop and said they can pick things up for me if I want. I know Macy's/Nordstrom has JP's and I heard earlier in this thread that Banana Republic carries the DB's down there. Any other places?

Thanks in advance!

d32153e555a95de7ee96fab17ec89d54b0fa543.jpg

new job, this my uniform, gotta wear black and khaki, threw on the tie just cuz.
street wear x dressing better? 
laugh.gif

got on some alfanis

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Couple questions fellas:

Casual outfit with chucks, jeans, white button up, vest, tie optional. As a general rule, do I tuck or untuck shirt? Button or unbutton vest? Does it depend on the length of the shirt or colour of the jeans, or matter either way? My instinct says if I do no tie and perhaps lighter jeans, it's better to do untuck and unbutton, but if I do tie and darker jeans, I should tuck and button, but I dunno if other combos are acceptable. How long is too long of a shirt to leave untucked?

Second question, what mall retailers sell beeswax DB's, and also JP's? I live in Canada and I don't think we even have a store that has them here (for close to what you guys pay down there, but my family is going down this weekend to shop and said they can pick things up for me if I want. I know Macy's/Nordstrom has JP's and I heard earlier in this thread that Banana Republic carries the DB's down there. Any other places?

Thanks in advance!
I would tuck in the shirt.  As far as vest goes, I would definitely button it. The general rule is to button every button except for the last.  If the vest isn't too fitted (meaning that it wouldn't shift form if the first button isn't buttoned), I'd leave the first button unbuttoned as well.

The length of the shirt definitely plays a part on it.  Shorter cut dress shirt AKA sport shirt is meant to be worn untucked.  You can tuck it in, but the shirt tail will quickly come out of your pants because there's not enough excess material.

This is just my opinion, but lighter color jeans look really weird with a shirt tucked in.

I would personally never wear a vest over a dress shirt that's untucked, it's not even about being casual, but just looks sloppy to me.

Macy's also sell Clarks DB's.  Nordy also sells them.  Selected BR sells them, usually the bigger stores.

Note that DB is a style of shoe, there are other brands that make them.  Clarks is just popular since (I believe) they originated it.

Originally Posted by beezylocks

d32153e555a95de7ee96fab17ec89d54b0fa543.jpg

new job, this my uniform, gotta wear black and khaki, threw on the tie just cuz.
street wear x dressing better? 
laugh.gif

btw if i culd i wudlnt wear blk with the blk. buuut i can only wear black uppers at work
indifferent.gif

got on some alfanis

Originally Posted by LIQI2345

Need some input NT

Going to a fashion show/after party, and trying to figure this out

Black skinny or white on white?
If black, I was thinking black pants and my black Janoskis

If white, I'd go with dark blue denim and my grey and blue tokis

black - the white provides no contrast.

Originally Posted by MuslimShady

Not exactly sure but I'm gonna guess it'll just be for the rest of this week and next week. It was called a Spring Break sale. That $15 off jacket sale seemed to last for a while though so it could be longer.

good looking im going to H&M today

Originally Posted by RFX45

New Paul Smith Henry shoes, it's a beauty!

What is the quality of Paul Smith in comparison to Lobb, Edward Green, C&J and the other higher end UK shoe makers? Do any one of them make the shoes for Paul Smith?

Casual Friday:
Outside the Concrete Jungle:

Inside the Concrete Jungle:

Bonus Shoe/Bag Shot:

The F? About to get abused at the dealership:tongue:lain: :tongue:lain:

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by RFX45

New Paul Smith Henry shoes, it's a beauty!

What is the quality of Paul Smith in comparison to Lobb, Edward Green, C&J and the other higher end UK shoe makers? Do any one of them make the shoes for Paul Smith?

I wish I could tell you but I have no clue. The Henry shoe is from PSs mainline collection though so it is their top of the line shoes. Quality is pretty good but probably a notch below those shoe makers, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them made the shoes though. I think PS used to commission C&J to make their mainline collection but I can't recall.
Originally Posted by wj4

How much are those, RFX? I scored a pair of Allen Edmond Wing Tips today from Nordy Rack for $150, pretty happy about that. 
laugh.gif

£290

It comes in black as well.

I don't think vents should matter as long as it has one.
If there was a choice though, I'd go with single vent.
More of a personal preference though more than anything.

Back
Top Bottom