Dressing better

by the way, good deals for womens stuff right now on Gilt Groupe and Gilt Fuse w/ all of their final sales

i picked up a few pieces of clothing for my wife from the Gilt Fuse apparel final sale and a pair of earrings from the Gilt Fuse jewelry final sale

How do toggle coats fit? Im 5'11" 150 and I usually rock a Medium or L in shirts. I dont want it to be overly big so, should I go medium or L? Thanks!

This is the coat I have in mind:

17263583_001_b

Originally Posted by Finessence

How do toggle coats fit? Im 5'11" 150 and I usually rock a Medium or L in shirts. I dont want it to be overly big so, should I go medium or L? Thanks!

17263583_001_b
weres that from?

Originally Posted by Finessence

17263583_001_b

Toggle jackets doesn't really have it's own fit, it will still depend on the brand itself. It is up to you fi you want it to fit slim or loose.

Beezylocks, it's from Urban Outfitters. RFX, Being that it's a brand from UO, I think theyre clothes run true but, I have extremely long arms. I know it'll be fine length wise but, I just have a problem with the arm lengths sometimes. I think I may just run with a M.

Grabbed the Tokis and Sperry 75th anniversary boat shoes. Perfect summer shoes..
25zsg41.jpg

Also grabbed some Allen Edmonds
nlvdoi.jpg

Both those Tokis looks nice. Is the one the right white? Hard to tell by the flash but I really want that grey one.

Finessence, sorry I didn't know UO has their own store brand so I really can't comment on how it fits.
If i had to guess, it'll be slimmer than your usual brands like GAP or Express.

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

I want to go get my jeans tapered. Will this have any affect on the selvage line or can it be done without messing it up?

tell your tailor to taper from the inseam instead of the outseam where the selvedge line is

Originally Posted by RFX45

Both those Tokis looks nice. Is the one the right white? Hard to tell by the flash but I really want that grey one.

Thanks, theyre like an off-white mixed with a really light grey. Def not solid white though

Originally Posted by tommycap06

Grabbed the Tokis and Sperry 75th anniversary boat shoes. Perfect summer shoes..
Info on the Sperrys? Like that shade and have been looking for a pair of boat shoes.

Went in H&M and took advantage of the buy one get one free shirt deal. There's about 5-6 diff colors to choose from. I got the two smalls I can find from all of the selection. Pretty impressed with the fit off the rack, won't be tailoring them.

It also seems that everyone is coming out with straw fedoras now.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Couple questions fellas:

Casual outfit with chucks, jeans, white button up, vest, tie optional. As a general rule, do I tuck or untuck shirt? Button or unbutton vest? Does it depend on the length of the shirt or colour of the jeans, or matter either way? My instinct says if I do no tie and perhaps lighter jeans, it's better to do untuck and unbutton, but if I do tie and darker jeans, I should tuck and button, but I dunno if other combos are acceptable. How long is too long of a shirt to leave untucked?

Second question, what mall retailers sell beeswax DB's, and also JP's? I live in Canada and I don't think we even have a store that has them here (for close to what you guys pay down there, but my family is going down this weekend to shop and said they can pick things up for me if I want. I know Macy's/Nordstrom has JP's and I heard earlier in this thread that Banana Republic carries the DB's down there. Any other places?

Thanks in advance!
I would tuck in the shirt.  As far as vest goes, I would definitely button it. The general rule is to button every button except for the last.  If the vest isn't too fitted (meaning that it wouldn't shift form if the first button isn't buttoned), I'd leave the first button unbuttoned as well.

The length of the shirt definitely plays a part on it.  Shorter cut dress shirt AKA sport shirt is meant to be worn untucked.  You can tuck it in, but the shirt tail will quickly come out of your pants because there's not enough excess material.

This is just my opinion, but lighter color jeans look really weird with a shirt tucked in.

I would personally never wear a vest over a dress shirt that's untucked, it's not even about being casual, but just looks sloppy to me.

Macy's also sell Clarks DB's.  Nordy also sells them.  Selected BR sells them, usually the bigger stores.

Note that DB is a style of shoe, there are other brands that make them.  Clarks is just popular since (I believe) they originated it.

Thanks for the info.  I always leave the bottom one undone for the vest, and I usually tuck in the shirts with dark denim.  I'm talking about dress shirts, not sport shirts btw.  And I agree with the lighter jeans = no tuck.  

Also thanks for the info on the retailers.  I know DB is just a style, but I've heard much good things about them in this thread, and I'd bet they're the easiest to find in the beeswax that I like.  So it's size .5 down in clarks DB's, and JP's as well? I'm usually between an 8.5-9 in Nike's, and I'm an 8 in Chucks.

I have to get a half size larger in JPs and DBs than in Chucks...but I wear a full size to size in a half larger in most Nikes (in comparison to Chucks).

If you're gonna order them online to get a certain color or cheaper price, your best bet is to try them on somewhere first.

I have to ask this... why do some people on here refer to shirts, tees, jackets, pants, etc as "pieces"? It always looks weird to me when I see that. It almost feels like people are trying too hard sometimes.

That being said, those Toki's are both crazy and I need more info on those Sperry boat shoes (where and how much?).

Thanks.

I picked up some Levi 512s from Ross. Has anyone heard of this style from Levis? Its called Slim and it fits waaaaaaaay better than 511s. It looks like its an older style though. Ill get some pics up soon. Best part was I scored them for only 20 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom