Dressing better

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Am I the only one disturbed when people say they are going for a "look"? I mean damn just cop gear that you like and rock it however you want, "looks" are for women.
I think your reaching.
How so?
Because "looks" are not for women. Everything is classified. Saying you have a style is another way of saying a sub category for a "Look"

And also because you always reaching for something Luch
laugh.gif
, weather it be a point your making or a sandwich.
A persons style is a image of their self expression, which is NOT the same thing as saying "I`m going for this look"
Man come on...
People say things regarding their look all the time. Ex "I'm going for a more polished look" "He has a athletic look"

Am I the only one disturbed when people say they are going for a "look"? I mean damn just cop gear that you like and rock it however you want, "looks" are for women.
I think your reaching.
How so?
Because "looks" are not for women. Everything is classified. Saying you have a style is another way of saying a sub category for a "Look"

laugh.gif
A persons style is a image of their self expression, which is NOT the same thing as saying "I`m going for this look"
Man come on...
People say things regarding their look all the time. Ex "I'm going for a more polished look" "He has a athletic look"
Saying "I`m trying to Clean my look" is not the same as saying "I`m going for the (Insert noun and or adjective ie.Euro Rocker)Look"

I think your reaching.
How so?

laugh.gif
Man come on...
Saying "I`m trying to Clean my look" is not the same as saying "I`m going for the (Insert noun and or adjective ie.Euro Rocker) Look"
You're reaching. Go back to your polo thread and worship your pony.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

I think your reaching.
How so?

laugh.gif
Man come on...
Saying "I`m trying to Clean my look" is not the same as saying "I`m going for the (Insert noun and or adjective ie.Euro Rocker) Look"
You're reaching. Go back to your polo thread and worship your pony.
I see I have more fans.
pimp.gif

I see I have more fans.
pimp.gif

Not really.

You see, I'm addressing your posts because you come in search of a reply. I figure I'll go ahead and give you what you want in hopes you'll leave.

It's come to my attention that you don't have anything to add, all the while diluting the quality of this post with your "look and style"nonsense. Just let it be homie. None of us go in that horse clothing thread and knock on your tiny loafers and old man getup you have going, don't come inhere questioning what a certain "look" is and what a certain "style" is... you clearly are way over your head if you don't understandthese concepts.

Gidday Mate!

btw... you don't dress too shabby for a heavier set guy. Maybe you can give some dudes in here tips in stead of running your mouth.

n33023266_36387320_3256481.jpg

Not yet. They haven't been shipped yet, seeing as how I ordered them of friday. I'll expect to have them by the end of the week withpictures to boot. Stay tuned.

Not yet. They haven't been shipped yet, seeing as how I ordered them of friday. I'll expect to have them by the end of the week with pictures to boot. Stay tuned.
Did you order them true to size? Man why did I have to dig back through the pages..for $35 I'm tempted to get them too.
laugh.gif
I seethere's no half sizes so I'm thinking of going .5 down from what I wear in Nikes.

I think your reaching.
How so?

laugh.gif
Man come on...
i kinda agree with lucky. just wear whats comfortable

There's nothing wrong with going for a look. The problem with getting pieces and rocking it however you like, can land you in the high enddesigner pick-up thread, where everyone just buys something Gucci or LV, and rocks it like it makes sense with everything. You mostly have to buy things thatwill work with other parts of your wardrobe.

LOL random spendings FTL. Being the cheapo that I am, I searched for a discount code and found a 10% off for the boots k2 posted.

Subtotal:$26.99

Shipping: $6.00

Estimated Tax:$1.96

Total:$34.95

Costco's got a black peacoat for $17, I think it was originally $59.95 during the season, it's low quality but it's a great utility outerwear.

Originally Posted by wj4

LOL random spendings FTL. Being the cheapo that I am, I searched for a discount code and found a 10% off for the boots k2 posted.

Darn, that would have been sweet. I ordered them true to size, meening a size higher than I would have clarks desert boots. My rationale was canvas doesn'tstretch that much, and there were no half sizes so I can always add a sole inside the shoe to make it fit tighter.

Originally Posted by wj4

Darn, that would have been sweet. I ordered them true to size, meening a size higher than I would have clarks desert boots. My rationale was canvas doesn't stretch that much, and there were no half sizes so I can always add a sole inside the shoe to make it fit tighter.
Yeah I Google'd for the codes and it worked. I size .5 down, I'm usually a 9.5 in Nike Dunks, and I figure that if it's a bit tootight, I can wear casual or dress socks which are thinner. And if that doesn't work...I'll drive to the local U.F. and return it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

There's nothing wrong with going for a look. The problem with getting pieces and rocking it however you like, can land you in the high end designer pick-up thread, where everyone just buys something Gucci or LV, and rocks it like it makes sense with everything. You mostly have to buy things that will work with other parts of your wardrobe.
Ok let me break down what I`m getting at.

Its one thing to happen to own alot of British 1940 inspired Rugbys and Cardigans,being that you like all those pieces they say something about your taste andwhat you like.

Its another thing to say "Yo I`m going for the Old Rugby look" and going out and copping every cardigan and rugby in sight..

There's nothing wrong with going for a look. The problem with getting pieces and rocking it however you like, can land you in the high end designer pick-up thread, where everyone just buys something Gucci or LV, and rocks it like it makes sense with everything. You mostly have to buy things that will work with other parts of your wardrobe.

Its one thing to happen to own alot of British 1940 inspired Rugbys and Cardigans,being that you like all those pieces they say something about your taste and what you like.

Its another thing to say "Yo I`m going for the Old Rugby look" and going out and copping every cardigan and rugby in sight..
True, I see what you're saying. The only thing is, the end result is the same. Both instances are going to have you owning what you like, orwhat can get you to look like what you want... a bunch of rugby shirts and cardigans.

You're not holier than anyone here lucky. Step down sir.

Its one thing to happen to own alot of British 1940 inspired Rugbys and Cardigans,being that you like all those pieces they say something about your taste and what you like.

True, I see what you're saying. The only thing is, the end result is the same. Both instances are going to have you owning what you like, or what can get you to look like what you want... a bunch of rugby shirts and cardigans.

You're not holier than anyone here lucky. Step down sir.
not really.
1 individual has timeless pieces they will continue to rock for however long while the other over saturates their closet with gear that they wont ever wearagain and wait for next seasons in thing.

H&M polo was $12, linen pants $29, geox shoes were $90 insanely comfortable & no sweaty feet(research the company)
fashion0018.jpg

Those shoes... do you guys think is there a certain age the person wearing them has to be? I'm only 15 but I saw a friend (around 24) wearing some of thosebut without the metal things (really simple and clean cut), some nice levis, and a nice buttong down shirt... looked really nice. My mom is telling me thoseshoes are for grandpas.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

She doesn't really care what I wear... she just made that statement that those are for older folks...

My friend was rocking them with some nice Levis (nice wash), a simple white button down, and those shoes... looked
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom