Dressing better

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Originally Posted by RFX45

If I could wear one brand of shoe the rest of my life, it would be Paul Smith
http://niketalk.com/topic/87723?page=1
laugh.gif
at the guy from that post with the "L" being in this post heavy.

Are you talking... about me?

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

If I could wear one brand of shoe the rest of my life, it would be Paul Smith
http://niketalk.com/topic/87723?page=1
laugh.gif
at the guy from that post with the "L" being in this post heavy.

Are you talking... about me?

laugh.gif
yo i like your style fam, but things tend to go over your head quite abit on here. No the guy that posted the "L" from the thread you linked, is actually a participant of this thread, and seems very appreciative of it. Just thought it was funny, like his style changed from then till now.

Ahhh, I just didn't think he still posted or I didn't noticed.
I thought you were talking about him but when I checked his profile, it showed that his last post was September 2008, so I thought you were talking aboutsomeone else, or me.
laugh.gif

I guess Yuku is just messing up again?

Ahh, damn you IK, I think thats the second time you got me with that.
laugh.gif

Also, I just want to share two great spring/summer LOOKS.
00002f.jpg
00003f.jpg

^ That bag with the umbrella holster is
eek.gif
. And is that one of those new Gucci cardigans? I saw one at Neimans, but for $1k, I could get two ignorant LVsweaters.

Everything in that second pic are actually Gucci; shirt, cardigan, pants, loafers, etc...

I'm not sure if IK has posted this but oh well, here it is again.

The Rules of Khaki via Detail Magazine:

1. COLOR: Chinos are also called khakis for a reason: color. Stick with tones from stone to tan. Faded khakis are best reserved for outdoor Sundays. Darkerversions are refined enough for the office as long as they're crisply pressed.
00001f.jpg

2. LENGTH: Chinos that hit at the ankle work just as well as those that break slightly at the hem. However, too much of anything is never good. If your pantsbunch around your ankles like crushed paper bags, see a tailor.
00002f.jpg

3. POCKETS: Most khakis come equipped with four pockets, two in the front and two in the back. There's nothing wrong with that, but to add some variation,try a pair with slant pockets, which are leaner, cleaner alternatives.
00003f.jpg

4. CUT: By now you know to avoid pleats. To up your game with khakis you'll need to focus on fit. Straight-leg varieties are the most conventional andcomfortable, while slim-cut versions, with a slightly low rise, are the most modern. Both types should skim your hips, and the fly should sit naturally.
00004f.jpg

5. MATERIAL: If your pants contain nylon or rayon, or are marketed as wrinkle-free, they're not really khakis. Buy 100 percent cotton, and in the summer,stock up on the American original in washed twills and poplins.
00005f.jpg

6. CUFFS: When rolling up your khakis you'll want to strike a balance between a cuff that looks unstudied and one that looks neat. Make them about an inchwide, fold them over two or three times, then scrunch them until they appear slightly uneven.
00006f.jpg

Just random pics of nice article of clothing... on naked women to get some people's attention.
If this doesn't motivate you to dress better, I don't know what will (or at least buy these items).
laugh.gif

0002h.jpg

Top, from left: Scarf by Burberry Prorsum. Belt by BOSS Black. Belt by Paul Smith. Bag by Hermès. Hat by Still Life New York. Bag by Prada. Belt by Versace.Middle, from left: Watch by Panerai. Loafer by Allen Edmonds. Sunglasses by Michael Kors. Bottom, from left: Bracelets by Paige Novick. Shoe by Z Zegna. Beltby Trussardi 1911. Sunglasses by D&G. Watch by David Yurman.

0003h.jpg

Top, from left: High-top by Common Projects. Belt by Paul Smith. Tie by Dsquared. Belt by Cole Haan. Shoe by Salvatore Ferragamo. Belt by Gant. Underneath,from left: Bag by Gucci. Sneaker by Common Projects. Briefcase by Bottega Veneta. Sunglasses by Carrera. Sunglasses by Ray-Ban. Loafer by Dsquared. Watch byTX. Wallet by Dior Homme. Wallet by Coach.

0001h.jpg

Clockwise from top left: Shoe and belt by Dolce & Gabbana. Belt by D&G. Belt by D&G. Belt by Dsquared. Shoe by D&G. Bag by Dries Van Noten.Belt by D&G. Bag by Salvatore Ferragamo. Shoe by Valentino. Sunglasses by Dior Homme. Sunglasses by Persol. Loafer by Dsquared. Watch by Longines.

Van's released some wingtips last year as well in their Vault line and a collab with Watanbe. I'm a sucker for wingtip looking shoes for some reason.
Adidas Eagle and Penguin's.
30suibm.jpg

2yxhmv6.jpg

Originally Posted by donjuan513

Van's released some wingtips last year as well in their Vault line and a collab with Watanbe. I'm a sucker for wingtip looking shoes for some reason.
Adidas Eagle and Penguin's.

2yxhmv6.jpg
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm not sure if NT is ready for these but instead of going for those wingtip Vans, how about some actual, real wingtips?

s9xc-c006-wsh-s9-22284.jpg
s9xc-a028-wsh-s25-22257.jpg

s9xc-a070-wsh-o3-22552.jpg
s9xd-c246-cta-tm-23359.jpg

s8xd-b163-cub-tm-19218.jpg
s9xd-b401-gla-n3-22560.jpg

Could I persuade someone to make the switch or shall we take it one step at a time?
happy.gif

But there are cheaper alternatives. Check out UrbanOutfitters.com, there should be a couple for around $50-$150.
icon_good.gif

It's hard to convince my feet on the weekends to rock leather-bottoms after the workweek. I got these ferragamos that've only seen light 3x in 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom