Dressing better

got a question...  when you guys buy clothes.. particularly shirts, do you ever take into consideration that they'd shrink after washing and buy a size up? I normally wear large, i like how they fit on me (i'm 5'9) but after a few washings they fit like mediums 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

got a question...  when you guys buy clothes.. particularly shirts, do you ever take into consideration that they'd shrink after washing and buy a size up? I normally wear large, i like how they fit on me (i'm 5'9) but after a few washings they fit like mediums 
ohwell.gif
I know the feeling. I have quite a few shirts that are basically new that shrunk after one wash.
smh.gif

ohwell.gif

if i really like the shirt ill just get it dry cleaned..

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

ohwell.gif

if i really like the shirt ill just get it dry cleaned..
Air dry your clothes. I wear the same size and im 6'0 and thats what I do.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Why would you buy them if they ain't your style? Hypebeast.

Do you understand the meaning of hypebeast? I have seen VERY little hype regarding brogue boots on this board in general, and I sure as hell did not buy them to resell and/or make a profit. Actually, I won the auction on ebay and was hoping they would be slimmer and more brown than burgundy-- something more similar to a pair of Trickers, but they are shaped more like Doc Martens. I took a chance when I bought them online because they were very well priced.

So I'm looking for a bag to wear to work. Something with canvas and leather incorporated. Something that won't put a dent in my wallet. Something the size of a messenger bag. I'm looking more of something that I can wear on my shoulder but also have handles that I can hold onto sometimes (maybe canvas or some sort of cloth material with leather handles). Any suggestions. I remember someone (maybe RFX) suggest some custom leather messengers from NYC? Those are kinda pricey, but I just want to take a look but forgot the store name. Anyone with pictures of suggestions would be nice, I can't seem to find any good guides online. Thanks!

Originally Posted by MuslimShady

Today (I know. I need a better camera)
Not sure about the shoes cuz I can't tell what they are, but the rest of this fit is pure 
pimp.gif
. Your best one yet IMO. 

^The shoes are ok, but it depends on the occasion. However, the fit of the clothes is perfect for your body shape.

Thanks for the comments! The shoes were my white bucks which I posted many pages back.

EDIT: here's a recycled pic of the shoes

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Originally Posted by rcdp

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Originally Posted by PghShoeCollector

I'm pretty much a heavy lurker of the thread but I got a question.

I'm looking for a new suit and I came across Indochino and was wondering if anybody has any recent experience with them?

Quality? Service? how many alterations had to be made to their original suit? pics if possible.
Excellent.

got mine last week. no pics for now since I need the hems to be finished + minor alteration. got an essential charcoal suit.

are you desperate for a suit now? they usually have 25% off coupon codes and it's a substantial amount of disc. looking at the price. wait for those coupon codes and you might be able to score 25% off + free custom shirt + tie/cufflink like me 
smokin.gif

for pictures: madetomeasureny.com  . Guy swears by Indochino which influenced my purchase.
When did you order yours?  I still haven't gotten mine
frown.gif

• 2010-03-25 16:57:41
  • $299.25 USD
  • Sent to Tailor

3/28 - Ordered
4/1 - Your Order Has Been Sent to Indochino's Master Tailor
4/12 - Your order has been shipped out
4/13 - Received Order

12 Business days in total.
3/30 - Ordered
4/5 - Your Order Has Been Sent to Indochino's Master Tailor
4/10 - Your order has been shipped out
4/12 - Received Order

You should definitely email them about your order. I requested a replacement for a shirt that was part of my original order on 4/13 and it'll be arriving today (4/14 before 10:30AM)

^What was the problem of your dress shirt?

I need mine to be shortened by an inch (sleeve) but my tailor said it's too risky to fix. I don't know if Indochino will replace it since it's a freebie. Else, it's perfect on me.

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

lots of great info in that GQ piece
pimp.gif

+1,000,000. Its one of the best most straight to the point fashion articles EVER written.

Pretty much everything in there is GOSPEL.

I finally got my indochino in today. I'm pretty happy, but it could be better. The shoulders are a bit too wide which is weird cuz the fit of the shirt is spot on. Sleeves of jacket could also be shorter by 1/4 of an inch. And my pants need to be hemmed, but that was to be expected.  I'll likely keep the suit with alterations to the sleeves and pants.  Shoulders seems to be a recurring "problem" in that the shoulders fit but they put in too much padding.  I also seen it in other people's suits on SF.

Pics sometime this week

I kinda see the resemblance, maybe if you photoshop hair on him.

Macy's has a sale.  I got a pair of solid knit ties for $20 off each.

i received my Converse boat shoes thats been posted.. i got a pair of the black and burgundys. I know people wanted to know how they fit. I sized the same as my reg chuck taylors (11.5)- im a 12 in nikes. The black pair fits me fine but the burgundy pair is a bit too tight.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by donjuan513

Moving around today!
1zpjxoo.jpg
Ty, info on the jeans. I've picked some things up since I last asked. But still hunting. 

Let me take a stab.. NUDIES Average Joes... No offense illphilip, but im honestly BEYOND tired of seeing this question asked everytime Ty wears those.. From the WDYWT to this thread it's a pain to see so I could only imagine Ty ignoring this question.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom