Dressing better

Most comfortable loafer /driver /everyday casual footwear??

I need multiple colors and my foot is a little wider than most ....any suggestions??

Damn.  I might drive over to the outlet now for that Brooks Brothers sale.  I've been wanting to buy a pair of suspenders from them for awhile.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Screen%20shot%202010-03-23%20at%201.10.40%20AM.jpg
Screen%20shot%202010-03-23%20at%201.10.50%20AM.jpg
Is this a series? If so, are there more pics? A link?

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Brooks Brothers FACTORY store: Take 40% off your entire
purchase-everything in the store from Thursday, May 27- Monday, May 31
Thanks for sharing those pictures Nacho ... Every man should own at least 4 navy blazers in different shades and weights (for different seasons) ... its the most versatile thing you can have in your wardrobe.

sidebar: i also dont understand why an Asian fashion mag chooses to use white males as their models. I've been checking that mag out for a minute and it always baffles me.

On the topic of navy blazers ... here is today's effort:

Excuse the wrinkles on the sleeve ... this was my go to jacket all weekend as i was travelling.

Yeah - the socks are loud
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Will pass a factory store this weekend.. Hopefully they may have the gucci-esque cardigan i passed on..

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

All work no play.
I never got the high cuffs trend these days.. seems a bit weird

where can i get pants and shirt like that? and how much? 

all the answers are in the last 10 pages of this thread.

those are probably 511s or 514s ... or pants that have been tailored to fit him great... and the shirts are ginghams ... almost every fashion house carries it this summer (j crew, gap, br, brooks etc etc etc etc ...).

do a little research or digging around ... sheesh!!

this is not a fast food fashion store!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

seriously.. I cringe at some of these questions... Dudes think some of us on some elitist shh, but everything I've learned about fashion has come from reading/researching via forums, magazines, and on the street, before blogs were even big.

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

seriously.. I cringe at some of these questions... Dudes think some of us on some elitist shh, but everything I've learned about fashion has come from reading/researching via forums, magazines, and on the street, before blogs were even big.
this, but some people take different approaches. My friend is the type that ask me about everything about clothes from where, what and how. I would say just look at magazines and other people. Even some celebs have a nice style to them. Inspiration comes from other people, but mostly yourself

I have a question for you guys. How short is TOO short for a blazer? I was looking at some pictures online and some guys had it past their wrists almost at the base of their thumbs. Others had it slightly below the wrist and others a good inch half or two back.

^^when you clench your fists by your side, the jacket should hit your knuckles. if its longer, jacket is too long, if it is shorter, jacket is too short. you could get away with a half inch to inch either way, but more than an inch it starts to become evident.

what do ya'll wear with a black denim dress shirt?

i currently have some grey pants and black/white purcells. need more ideas. thanks

Can anyone recommend some short sleeve dress shirts? After the 90 degree day today, I plan on taking advantage of our companies policy letting us wear short sleeved shirts. Only problem I had, every short sleeve dress shirt I find is always too baggy on me. Almost all my dress shirts are slim fit. I basically want to find some short sleeve shirts that are still considered business attire, and not what you would wear to a bbq on a Saturday.

So I just got offered a position as a sales rep/cashier at Victoria's Secret
devil.gif

Anyway, dress code is all black, or predominantly black, so my work wardrobe will be simple, yet constricting. I'm thinking of getting a pair of Acne Max (Cash) and a couple cheaper chinos. However, do you guys have any suggestions for shirts? The lady said "dressy" over the phone. I'm thinking I'm just limited to collared shirts.

I'm thinking linen since this summer looks to be a hot one. Anyone know where to find some black linen shirts? My search begins.

YO!

I am wondering what NT would recommend I wear to a volunteer position interview at a hospital?

Was think just some nice shoes, dockers, and a nice shirt (lol). Am open to suggestions. Its tomorrow morning.

Nii/RFX- do y'all always get your pants tapered?

Last time I brought some pants to the tailor I asked her about tapering and she said that she didn't think it would look good. I decided not to get them tapered, but I hate have my pants engulf the shoes that I wear...

those pants are looking way too high imo, especially with that lowcut of a shoe. even on the runway, pants are long enough to hit the front of the shoe

tie is definitely sweet though

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Nii/RFX- do y'all always get your pants tapered?

Last time I brought some pants to the tailor I asked her about tapering and she said that she didn't think it would look good. I decided not to get them tapered, but I hate have my pants engulf the shoes that I wear...
Can I answer?
How baggy/big are they now?  Did she explain why? 
Mine is able to do most jobs but I had an older shirt that I wanted taken in a lot and she explained that she'd basically have to reconstruct the shirt in order to get it to where I'd be happy with it and that it might not be worth the cost.  It went to Goodwill for someone who weighs about 40 lbs more than me.  Other than that, she's had no problems narrowing multiple pairs of pants as well but none of them were JNCO status beforehand.

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

+1 
laugh.gif
 My friends ask me questions all the time (which is fine) but your really only going to get a good idea on clothes/styles from researching/reading yourself. I was always into clothes/shoes since middle school, but not till the last few years did I really get into it. It's a long process but a fun one. For the newbs, here are some good websites to check out.
1. styleforumdotnet

2.superfuturedotcom

3. stylezeigeist (for the goth ninja's who like baller boots and leathers)

4. acontinouslean

There are a ton more out on the web but these are good starters to browse and look around.

Back
Top Bottom