Dressing better

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

kdawg wrote:
The jacket is absolutely too short - especially the sleeves but also slightly in the body.

I guess I wear a jacket a lot more in the traditional style than a lot of people here - and that I see on the streets too. The fashion for some reason has gone to people wearing short stupid jackets.

The pants are too long like you say - but I like the width. I like a bit of room in mine anyway. Not quite on the MJ level with his enormous long jackets and baggy pants - but just a little space in the thigh and not really tapering below the knee - I just think that looks silly unless you're a stick insect.

I also don't like your shoes - I like a much plainer shoe with a suit - the buckle just jumps out at me. Looks a bit 80s mafia.
I understand your pov.  I have more traditional suits & will be acquiring more.  I think the jacket is shorter than usual, but not too short as in the current blazer craze.
I am going to keep it, at $165, good material and best overall fit.
At the tailor now, After pics next week:
-Lengthen sleeve $26
-Take in Center Seam $12
-Pants takeout waist $12
-Taper $12
$62 for alterations

Wow - your tailor is cheap!!!
laugh.gif
It's the cleaners in the mall, we communicate well since he's a native dominican, the more I visit him the more comfortable I feel he's understanding the look I'm going for such as; minimal break on the pants & slim below the knee so that I can appear taller since my upper body is bird-esque.  He hooks it up with the 20% mall employee discount since my wife works in a store.

I might have to start mailing isht to get altered  
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Hey guys, I hemmed my own pants and I think I made it a tad bit too short. If I'm walking and it rises up to where you can see my sock and the whole top of shoe, is that too high?

thanks for all the comments guys ... might try to start posting more regularly after the world cup ends.

Gooooooooooooooo Ghana!!!

No shots...but the pants rolling, no socks, and boat shoes is a legit look? Usually never say @%%% is feminine but that is borderline.

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

No shots...but the pants rolling, no socks, and boat shoes is a legit look? Usually never say @%%% is feminine but that is borderline.

Absolutely 100% feminine. Don't do it at all or you'll be getting bad looks all day long.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Absolutely 100% feminine. Don't do it at all or you'll be getting bad looks all day long.
Eh I don't really see how its feminine, boat shoes & no socks goes together, and I don't see whats wrong with rolling the pants

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Eh I don't really see how its feminine, boat shoes & no socks goes together, and I don't see whats wrong with rolling the pants
It was a joke.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

So I have a job interview coming up, what should I wear? I don't need a suit since it's a yogurt place. Thanks for the help.

oxford white/blue shirt, khaki pants, matching belt and shoes - all pressed, all well fitting.

good luck
Would black dress pants work? Can you also recommend me some nice, but not too expensive, dress shoes? I don't have any so getting them now would help for future interviews and stuff. Thanks for the help nii.

So I have a job interview coming up, what should I wear? I don't need a suit since it's a yogurt place. Thanks for the help.

oxford white/blue shirt, khaki pants, matching belt and shoes - all pressed, all well fitting.

good luck
Would black dress pants work? Can you also recommend me some nice, but not too expensive, dress shoes? I don't have any so getting them now would help for future interviews and stuff. Thanks for the help nii.

Black pants would work - just a little tacky ... If you can grab a cheap pair of khaki, navy or charcoal grey pants those would serve you better.

For shoes i'd say check endless.com, zappos.com or some of the other popular online retailers if you have time. A pair of captoes or wingtips would be perfect for interviews. If you do not have the time, then my only other recommendations will be Nordstrom Rack, DSW (not my favorite place to shop, but they have some decent things) and maybe Banana Republic (if you have a code/coupon).

do you know where I can get some loafer socks?  I like the no sock look, but I don't like not wearing socks especially when temperatures start hitting triple digits here. 

Originally Posted by BgL2687

do you know where I can get some loafer socks?  I like the no sock look, but I don't like not wearing socks especially when temperatures start hitting triple digits here. 
i bought some levi boat shoes yesterday for cheap and you can buy no-show socks at underground stations

I understand the khakis or slacks no socks with boat shoes its just the rolling up of the pant that I find iffy. I mean to each its own of course.

Just reminds me of the females with the boyfriend style. Those Adidas kicks are very clean though.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Vans Off The Wall Premium Collection.  I've hit up a couple of Vans stores...no luck.  Retail is $89.

OTW Oiled Leather Alomar $85
pimp.gif
 my dude good looks. 
UO has them for sale 

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urba...&isProduct=true&cross-sell=true&guide-bn=true

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urba...&isProduct=true&cross-sell=true&guide-bn=truein case you want to order or have an UO near you
wait, they aren't on sale...

Anyone know if any place have Sperry's A/O boat shoes on sale right now? I live in NYC if that helps. Thanks!

Anyone know if any place have Sperry's A/O boat shoes on sale right now? I live in NYC if that helps. Thanks!

I haven't been in here in a while. summer clothing is just tees and jeans for me so no reason to even ask for any advice on anything

But here..I'm at work looking for a hooded peacoat for the winter (obviously) either black or navy where should I start?
Also has anyone tried Dockers D1 khakis?

Originally Posted by allout46

which adidas are these and where may i be able to find them in NYC or online.

http://shoes-up.com/blog/?p=11686
Shoes-Up give us a preview into an upcoming sneaker style from the adidas Originals by Originals James Bond for David Beckham Collection for Fall/Winter 2010. The kicks feature a full leather two-tone scheme with the heel and toecap sporting a nice tan amongst a black base and white midsoles. Look for these through adidas Originals shops next month.

Back
Top Bottom