Dressing better

As always the help in here is always appreciated ....

Im going to do some much needed shopping for office attire this weekend and I needed some suggestions and a few dumb follow ups.

Im tall n slim so I figured id hit up Uniqlo and perhaps check out some dress shirts .. yay or nay?

the Nordstrom Rack ... yay or nay?  The one Union Sq ... yay or nay ??

Anybody else have any suggestions or great places to shop that might be holding a sale or have great prices ??

THANKS AS ALWAYS ...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by big mike 13

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

3 questions

1. For jeans, am I better off getting 1 pair of a premium brand like APC, or 2 pair of something like the GAP selvage lines?

2. I have a pair of taupe color DB's, but if I were only to buy 1 pair, what color should I get? Black? Beeswax ? etc?

3. What is a good/solid/versatile jacket for a college student who mainly wears button ups/polos w/dark jeans or chinos?

Thanks
Bump for the NT Style Gurus

not a style guru..
but iwould go with a a pair of APCs, ive had a pair for over a year and just got a fresh new pair. they go well with everything and are durable. my gap jeans used to rip
jacket.. a well fitting pea coat
i would have said go with the beeswax db's, but since you have a taupe pair i would go with the blacks.
Where did they rip? Like the crotch area? or someplace else?

Originally Posted by big mike 13

3 questions

1. For jeans, am I better off getting 1 pair of a premium brand like APC, or 2 pair of something like the GAP selvage lines?

2. I have a pair of taupe color DB's, but if I were only to buy 1 pair, what color should I get? Black? Beeswax ? etc?

3. What is a good/solid/versatile jacket for a college student who mainly wears button ups/polos w/dark jeans or chinos?

Thanks
Bump for the NT Style Gurus

not a style guru..
but iwould go with a a pair of APCs, ive had a pair for over a year and just got a fresh new pair. they go well with everything and are durable. my gap jeans used to rip
jacket.. a well fitting pea coat
i would have said go with the beeswax db's, but since you have a taupe pair i would go with the blacks.
Where did they rip? like in the crotch area or someplace else?

Those navy leather JP's are a must have. Sadly it looks like it might be like the Japan exclusive Converses that won't come out in the U.S.
Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by RFX45

Picked up a sleeveless varsity vest by Woolrich.
5bskyw.jpg

nice vest. 

Would you wear this in a more casual environment?

The fabric looks really heavy for some reason

It's not thick at all. Made of Supima, I'd wear it as a dressed up casual. Maybe as a layer under a suit or a sport coat when it gets colder. 

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by Meangene4

JamesOnNT wrote:

ballinamillion1 wrote:

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on these, they remind me of red wings and I've been looking for a pair lately what are you guys thoughts on these?
moz-screenshot.png
hell no
sick.gif

sick.gif
 Don't waste your money.

no

The black and white version is ssssssoooooo much better. The quality is on point too. Full grain leather, leather lining, leather sock liner, vibram sole, etc...

Originally Posted by AIR23JORDANXIII

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by Meangene4

JamesOnNT wrote:

ballinamillion1 wrote:

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on these, they remind me of red wings and I've been looking for a pair lately what are you guys thoughts on these?
moz-screenshot.png
hell no
sick.gif

sick.gif
 Don't waste your money.

no

The black and white version is ssssssoooooo much better. The quality is on point too. Full grain leather, leather lining, leather sock liner, vibram sole, etc...
Unanimous no huh, I guess I'm gonna pass lol thanks

They are on plndr right now. Actually both pairs are. They're $39 too. Do you need a evite? Pm your email and I'll send you one. If you're already on plndr, use rep code air23 to get 10% off.

I should check out the wdywt thread more often.  I learned something today.
As one poster let me know, women will check your footwear first before even thinking about having a conversation with you.  If you are wearing dress shoes, then no problem.  If you're over the age of 21 and don't have dress shoes on, you have no chance.  Shoes and clothes are the deciding factors.  For all these years I thought people would want to talk to you because you were interesting.  
grin.gif

I guess some people don't evolve past the high school mentality.  The man makes the clothes.  The clothes don't make the man.

Question about this tweed blazer...

found this for a pretty cheap price; are the lapels on this jacket considered "wide"? I know recently, the slim lapel look is in, but is this wider than the traditional lapel?

15d6uxs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom