Dressing better

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

Originally Posted by big mike 13

3 questions

1. For jeans, am I better off getting 1 pair of a premium brand like APC, or 2 pair of something like the GAP selvage lines?

2. I have a pair of taupe color DB's, but if I were only to buy 1 pair, what color should I get? Black? Beeswax ? etc?

3. What is a good/solid/versatile jacket for a college student who mainly wears button ups/polos w/dark jeans or chinos?

Thanks
Bump for the NT Style Gurus

not a style guru..
but iwould go with a a pair of APCs, ive had a pair for over a year and just got a fresh new pair. they go well with everything and are durable. my gap jeans used to rip
jacket.. a well fitting pea coat
i would have said go with the beeswax db's, but since you have a taupe pair i would go with the blacks.
Where did they rip? like in the crotch area or someplace else?
if you dont want to spend alot of money i definately suggest getting the unbranded denim from urbanoutfitters.  i know alot of people are iffy about those but the fit on them is really good and they dont stretch that much at all and also they are $70 for some pretty good quality denim.. 

few casual fits from last week

2m7htvp.jpg

my sleeve was twisted in the pic
2ecgp3s.jpg

Given how on point the second outfit is, I'm surprised you chose to rock the shorts in the first pic. They look like basketball shorts held up by a belt. I avoid shorts altogether, but if you're going to wear them they've got to fit way, way better than that IMO.

Hey NT fam .. Any good sales going on this weekend.  Im in NYC, but if anybody knows of some good online sales dont hesitate to list those either.

Thanks!  Been holding off shopping for a while, but I need to now.  Casual and business casual attire.

Hittin up Uniqlo and Nordstrom for sure.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

cheGTR - Thanx bro, Im waiting on the rest of the pics so i can post em, we had a blast and definately recommend anyone whos getting married in ny to do it this one, its soooo much fun, tourists and new yorkers loved it, closed set?...not at all, but people respect and give you the space...the light eye bridesmaid is my sister-in-law, shes single 20 years old....the other one is wayyy off limits, shes my bestman's wife.

Nuggets - Ive been going to CC for yearrrsss...i used to work in about 5 stores there about 6 years ago, so ive witnessed the changes and i must say theyve invested good money into the place, it looks amazing, all they need is some high end stores like the Westchester does and the mall would be perfect, however i dont think the demographics of the shoppers would allow for that....idk..
Oh word?...PM me her facebook or something haha. 20 is young, but not too young.
wink.gif
 how is she single?! hm...
andddd I kno people rave about Uniqlo, but no joke whenever i walk in there i really dont see much thats all that great. The materials arent stellar and the prices are more often than not too high (in my opinion). I'd get some of the 19.99 button-ups, they have great assortment of colors in there. But i dunno, maybe I need to try on some of the pants because I still havent. 

Or maybe at 6'1 185 i dont fit anything well?? I tried the slim jeans and they felt like skinnys. Levi's 514 strictly now.

Oh for you NYCers, i met the manager (Jillian?) at Johnston & Murphy in midtown....she gave me her card, said "you should come by and get dressed up"
wink.gif
...shes cute too.

I'll let you know if she gets me some deals, I have yet to pass through there.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by eeibaby

I know this might be a long shot but does anyone have the Tan or Navy GAP Baracudda jacket in a medium?

Barracuda-jacket-79.50-The-Gap.jpg
I'm 100% sure that about less than a month ago I went by the fancy 1969 Gap store by Prince Street (NYC SoHo) and saw a whoooole rack of em in the tan color. I was surprised. They may have been on sale too but werent in the sale section.

more pics coming now that I found a spot.
this heatwave is a killer, especially in the subway where it feels like walking on the sun
No suit jacket until its under 80degrees
tumblr_l6r07hwNDd1qc6uifo1_500.jpg

I need ya'lls help.

I am going to a wedding next week. The main piece of my outfit is a light creamsicle colored Burberry Blazer.

I am trying to put the rest of the outfit together and not be too flashy because the jacket is that piece.

White shirt, what color pants? a Light Khaki?

Brown shoes.

What color Tie?

Originally Posted by shogun

I should check out the wdywt thread more often.  I learned something today.
As one poster let me know, women will check your footwear first before even thinking about having a conversation with you.  If you are wearing dress shoes, then no problem.  If you're over the age of 21 and don't have dress shoes on, you have no chance.  Shoes and clothes are the deciding factors.  For all these years I thought people would want to talk to you because you were interesting.  
grin.gif

I guess some people don't evolve past the high school mentality.  The man makes the clothes.  The clothes don't make the man.

Really? Can I get a link to this, I could use some laugh.
I do not meet too women, actually I do not know any, who considers a man based on his shoes.

Originally Posted by RFX45

As one poster let me know, women will check your footwear first before even thinking about having a conversation with you.  If you are wearing dress shoes, then no problem.  If you're over the age of 21 and don't have dress shoes on, you have no chance.  Shoes and clothes are the deciding factors.  For all these years I thought people would want to talk to you because you were interesting.  
grin.gif

I guess some people don't evolve past the high school mentality.  The man makes the clothes.  The clothes don't make the man.

I do not meet too women, actually I do not know any, who considers a man based on his shoes.
http://niketalk.com/topic/261971?page=14
Probably the dumbest thing i've read on nt and i've read a lot of foolishness over the years.

As someone else mentioned, he probably only hangs out with hood boogers.  
laugh.gif

Converse 2010 Fall Chuck Taylor All Star Cup Sole
converse-2010-fall-chuck-taylor-star-cup-sole-0.jpg

Through it’s extensive history, the Converse Chuck Taylor All Star has seen it all. Well almost. This season, the original vulcanized All Star enjoyed a contemporary re-design as it releases with a cup sole construction. The first series of releases are simple in their colorways paring understated colors such as black and gray with a full leather upper. The Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Cup Sole is available now through select retailers.

Photography: Hypebeast
converse-2010-fall-chuck-taylor-star-cup-sole-1.jpg

converse-2010-fall-chuck-taylor-star-cup-sole-2.jpg

converse-2010-fall-chuck-taylor-star-cup-sole-3.jpg

converse-2010-fall-chuck-taylor-star-cup-sole-4.jpg

converse-2010-fall-chuck-taylor-star-cup-sole-5.jpg

Something is off with those chucks.

Originally Posted by RFX45

grin.gif

http://niketalk.com/topic/261971?page=14
Probably the dumbest thing i've read on nt and i've read a lot of foolishness over the years.

As someone else mentioned, he probably only hangs out with hood boogers.  
laugh.gif
It's a dude telling you that? I thought it would have been a chick at least. 
facepalm.gif

Reminds me of that stupid Skechers commercial where dudes were talking about attarcting women with their shoes and they were wearing Sketchers. 
laugh.gif

I think it's the new higher cup sole. But more comfort in a pair of chucks is always a plus, wish the would put zoom air in those sumbidges.

Back
Top Bottom