Dressing better

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

img1676r.jpg
Neck to waist A+, waist to toes F-. Get some slim fit chinos and call it a day. Jeans with black blazer is way too "I don't know how to dress but I think this looks good."

Definitely not a very good look from the waist down..

The jeans being stacked w/ dress shoes..
sick.gif
also the jeans looks sloppy and bunched in the thigh area, like they probably "swish" like windbreaker pants when you walk..
The blazer- too formal..
A+ and F-, so did I pass? The jeans are APCs that have been worn in nicely with some great whiskering, I like to wear them with everything. I think that the outfit would be improved if they were black jeans.

What's wrong with a black blazer and jeans? I've seen it done nicely.
Anyway Gant boots came in today, they're decent.....that's about it. I'm not even all that happy with them. The toe is squarer than I would of liked, and I think a brown would of looked 100 times better but I needed black. Oh well I don't hate them enough to return, so I'll just deal until I find something else.
25q6vbm.jpg

And just a little bit of what I got over tax free weekend and two shirts my mom got me from H&M in DC we really need on here. The D1 Dockers fit great for 34 bucks
35c4ho4.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

Got 4 more BB Extra Slim Fit shirts. Love the gingham. Colors from left to right; pink oxford, blue/white stripes, purple and red gingham.
Also stocked up on v-neck undershirts, neck line is deeper than usual, I like it. Also got a new brown Montblanc belt.
2dkzwug.jpg
Great pickups.  Ever thought of picking up a Hermes belt, that's the rage in NYC right now.

Nii - this is a first
frown.gif
laugh.gif
I like the blazer color but not a fan of the double patch chest pockets or the natural shoulders on that one.  but that's just me, great outfit.

omgitwes, very nice fit on the Billy Reid jacket, iirc you got it for a great price too.
Sorry you didn't like the chukkas as much, return them and just save up a few bucks and get something a bit better.

For the price of the Hermes belt, I'd rather get something else. Quality is awesome and customer service is topnotch but I feel the "H" buckle might get tired, especially with all the fakes out there.
Overall though, for the price and style, there are others I prefer to get, like the Cartier Santos belt.
l5000419_1-png1_product_view.png

Originally Posted by CarlofromdaPI

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Hope these come to North America.

Nice!
pimp.gif
Compound in Portland just got the navy pair in and they look awesome in person. 70 bucks, too and, yes, if you're interested we do take phone orders. (503)796-2733

They plan on getting the other colors? Actually nevermind, I'm about to call.
laugh.gif

I miss A.Powers...

If you guys are near one of the Billy Reid retail locations, you should definitely check out the Summer Sale. Final markdowns have been in place for a few weeks but their might be some stuff left.
There are some really great loafers and chukka boots, not to mention shirts that were $175 down to $42.

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Originally Posted by RFX45

Got 4 more BB Extra Slim Fit shirts. Love the gingham. Colors from left to right; pink oxford, blue/white stripes, purple and red gingham.
Also stocked up on v-neck undershirts, neck line is deeper than usual, I like it. Also got a new brown Montblanc belt.
2dkzwug.jpg
Great pickups.  Ever thought of picking up a Hermes belt, that's the rage in NYC right now.

Nii - this is a first
frown.gif
laugh.gif
I like the blazer color but not a fan of the double patch chest pockets or the natural shoulders on that one.  but that's just me, great outfit.

- Nice shirts RFX
 - No worries Nacho ... no man can bat 1.000. The double patch pocket IS funky.  

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Neck to waist A+, waist to toes F-. Get some slim fit chinos and call it a day. Jeans with black blazer is way too "I don't know how to dress but I think this looks good."

Definitely not a very good look from the waist down..

The jeans being stacked w/ dress shoes..
sick.gif
also the jeans looks sloppy and bunched in the thigh area, like they probably "swish" like windbreaker pants when you walk..
The blazer- too formal..
A+ and F-, so did I pass? The jeans are APCs that have been worn in nicely with some great whiskering, I like to wear them with everything. I think that the outfit would be improved if they were black jeans.

For short, no.

Jeans are too long and you're wearing the wrong pair of shoes.

and if you want some black jeans you might as well wear a suit.

SURVEY: Which one would you invest in?
Barbour or Ralph Lauren
barbour-tokito-spring-2011-selectism-2-360x540.jpg
or
Fullscreen%20capture%208102010%2091149%20PM.jpg

This jacket is nuts, pic & cornball does no justice, Polo $1500
Fullscreen%20capture%208102010%2091243%20PM.jpg

Personally, I think jeans with stacks worn with dress shoes looks awkward, especially with a blazer. I think a cuff on those jeans so that there is no break would make it look much better.
Now if you get rid of the blazer and wore boots, stacks would look great.

Nacho, I like how the RL looks better but quality on Barbour is probably better. Is the shoulders on the Barbour suede leather like RL's?

Barbour or Ralph Lauren
barbour-tokito-spring-2011-selectism-2-360x540.jpg
or
Fullscreen%20capture%208102010%2091149%20PM.jpg

the suede polo is so sick in person. the $1500 price tag is ridic tho

Barbour or Ralph Lauren

Is that suede? it looks mad nice, def not worth the price tag though.
Nii got me wanting a suede coat like the brown one he posted a couple pages back.

RFX I'm just gonna keep it. they aren't that bad def for the price.
Looking for a pair of lug sole boots. Never did find a pair last fall/winter

Originally Posted by dukeben18

Nii, Naacho or anyone else that has more businessy attire:

Where can i find a resonable dress shirt without pleats? I have all my shirts taken in or darted since I am slim and the pleats are kind of an oxy moron. Either the box pleats bunches up after the shirt is taken in or the side pleats stick out.

Thanks in advance.

I am confused at your question. You want slim fitting shirts without darts? Or slim fitting shirts without the boxed pleats at the back of the shoulders?

Originally Posted by akuratl02

RFX ... How much are the BB extra slim fit shirts running for ??? 
They have a 3 for $199 deal going on right now and then I signed up for some corporate discount so I can get the extra 15% off. Not bad since the shirts are made well and fits nice.

What would be the best material to be used for dress shirts?

I've always just bought everything by colors and designs, but now im going to look for quality first.

Anyone have any suggestions to places where i should look at (with decent pricing)?

Cotton is good, you just need to figure out which type you like more. I like oxford, it is thicker most of the time but also isn't as soft as say poplin. I particularly like BB's oxfords since it's made of supima cotton. There are broadcloth, end-on-end and twill.

There are different levels of quality in each of these but along with the fabric, construction has to be good too. You can have the best quality fabric but if the maker sucks, the shirt will suck, and vice versa. I think you have to look for a brand that works for you. For me, I am pretty satisfied with the BB for the price and fit. I still get the box pleat int eh back closed for a better and closer fit but that is a personal choice on my part and it's only about $5 a shirt to do that.

I'm not an expert on this so I'll let Nii take care of the rest.

Back
Top Bottom