Dressing better

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

jil-sander-autumn-2009-footwear-09.jpg

these the Justin Slayer sex scene books.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

NOOOOOooooohhhh!!!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

This is a staple and every man should own a pair.
Bucks baby, BUCKS!
0001h.jpg

think these are pretty dope, need some tan color dress shoes

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Originally Posted by wj4

Macy's has a good shoe sale going on right now. I picked up 3 pairs of Jack Parcell Converse shoes for less than $15 a pair. Came out to be $45 and change after Cali's new 9.25 % tax.
Which Macy's did you go to? Were the Jacks on the sales rack? I know you get an additional 50% off from shoes on the sales rack but my local Macy's doesn't much selection. I just picked up some dress shoes for work for pretty cheap.
ima have to stop by , lat time i was there got a few nautica button downs for like $15, need some more dress shoes.

just got these from aldo last week theywere $29 , look alot better in person
they got alot of diff kind you can look thru what they got here just anotheroption of places to look, dunno if it was mentioned, and eveyrhting is in a reasonlable price

ohh and for the ppl looking for those alifes they gotm at "off 5th" or w/e the sacks outlet is called,

Originally Posted by UbUiBeMe

The Macy's here in Winston-Salem, NC is pure weak sauce..

I wish I was back home in Ohio
smh.gif
Word, the Macy's in Dayton had plenty of sales compared to the ones in SoCal. Their stuff was almost always marked on sale/clearance with thequickness since everyone enjoys dressing like hood dudes there.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Whats the next step on in terms of quality and fit from gap/old navy? J. Crew?
nerd.gif

It's BR, but JCrew > BR. I love J.Crew
Not even close. J. Crew is like a classier Express. Most of their stuff still got that pre worn look to it, while Banana Republic is more cleancut. The one thing I dislike about BR is that they don't make fitted bottoms and their regular fit or classic fit is huge on a slimmer person. The onlything I like about J. Crew is the fits on some of their bottoms, but they don't go on sale much.

RFX-you list too many staple shoes, man.
laugh.gif
I think a typical grown man has around 3-5 pairs of shoes, including sneakers.

You have to be a slim body type person to look good in a lot of these clothes... unless somebody can show me pics of a swole dude(pause) and prove me wrong..

Iono if i can pull it off.. but inside i want to try it.

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

You have to be a slim body type person to look good in a lot of these clothes... unless somebody can show me pics of a swole dude(pause) and prove me wrong..

Iono if i can pull it off.. but inside i want to try it.
How brolic are you talking about? If you're Brock Lesnar big..yeah it's not going to look as good. My friend recently start dressingbetter due to a new job and he looks OK in most of the stuff. He does need to get some articles altered because his frame is still relatively small, but hischest and arms are big, making slim fit clothes uncomfy for him, off the rack.

(Guy in the back).
2665_1110960142104_1469899608_273571_8126857_n.jpg

To show his body type.
n1469899608_250837_6728512.jpg

^Instant- I do agree in some perspectives. BR is very traditional and 'boring', while J. Crew, from what I see, try to blend in to be more'hip'. I actually don't mind much because I prefer a 'cleaner look' for lack of better words. Every time I walk into J. Crew, I never findanything that entices me. And if I do, the price is just too high or retail...(I haven't paid retail for almost anything I wear since HS got out). I dovisit both stores, J. Crew and BR, about once a week at the local mall. I've been tempted to buy a couple of things from J. Crew's site, but theirfinal sale scares me since you can't return and exchange.

I will say that their customer service is great though, even though I've never bought anything, I always get a hello and good bye.

Jil Sander Footwear F/W 2009

just terrible, look like some bacco bucci x kenneth cole circa 2000. as for the J Crew vs BR, the BR Monogram collection is pretty decent. the grey/yellowcardigans are clean. for all of you self proclaimed 'lo heads, (give me the late pass if i am) marshalls has a good collection of polo canvas sneakers in avariety of colors, lace ups and slips for under $20.

Originally Posted by instant klassic

^Understandable. Don't worry about their final sale items though, I along with quite a few people I know have returned final sale items in exchange for store credits/exchanges. Their end of season sales are RIDICULOUS though, prices so low you can't even grasp it. Last winter there were constantly 30% off on top of existing sale prices combined with free shipping and a 15% student/teacher discount, too good.

Like for example $70 retail button downs down to 20-40 bucks. Add in all those discounts from above and the prices just cant be beat.
Cool, man. If I knew I can get store credit at least, I would've bought some. The reason I love BR is because their sales are stack-able. IE, when they had the 30% off everything in the store sale, I was in the sale section and got the 30% off and another 10% off on top for using my BR card. Ibought a $250 blazer for around $100 and that $280 trench coat a member posted a picture of himself in for around $120. I'll check out the stores moreperiodically. I swear it's become a routine for me to go to the local mall and hit up these 2 stores and Barnes And Noble.
laugh.gif

I will probably get some pants from them because BR jeans and pants look like some MC Hammer joints on my body.
laugh.gif
I'll just be waiting for the sale.

BTW 15% off for being a student...is that valid in store transactions as well? Even sale items? If so, I'll check it out. I may even open a card.
laugh.gif

Personally, when the weather here comes around to warrant wearing those light colored shoes, it's too hot for me (being that it's a spring/summer-ylook). I have a bunch of nice sandals, but I can't imagine wearing shoes like that during the day when it's +100 degrees in the sun - in the evening,it's one thing, but it's simply impractical unless you live in a more favorable climate.

Just a shout out to those ballin on a budget...DSW.com is giving an extra 30% off clearance items use SPRING30 and also use FSDSW for free shipping

i pretty much wear BR / polo exclusively ... while BR may be expensive i.e. the mongram line ... they have plenty of sales ... GAP as a whole is struggling somuch you can always get items for cheap ...

that trench coat posted by black james bond a few pages ago looks like that one thas over $1000 ... from the monogram line ... either way its a good jacket ...

j crew has some good stuff also

for i just started looking @ the thread ... i like crockett & jones shoes ...

what type of suits yall be wearing ... i haven't bought a suit in a while ... i want something custom but not ready to spend that kind of money yet.

^ Seems valid for both. From a quote on Superfuture:
Have always had awesome experiences with jcrew. Today I went there and brought back a couple items that I had from a year ago that were too big.. I didnt have a receipt or any tags on the clothing.. a few of the items had even been washed and wore a time or two. They let me exchange the items for exactly the same type with no charge and no hassle. Got the herringbone vest, 2 button ups and a henley.. different colors and a size smaller..

I've also had items for years that have plenty of wear into them that look exactly how they did when i bought them.. thumbs up for jcrew, especially with the 15% discount
For online, you have to call and give them a student email addy. Also my friend has a J. Crew card and you can even pay it off in store if you have a balance on it.

laugh.gif
That's just too much. How do you return items that are WASHED and WORN? How did they even find the SKU to look up the stuff. Yeahmost of my retail cards..Express, Macys, and Nordy let you pay instore, except for BR...I gotta do online for that, SMH.

What about for instore? Do you just show them your college ID for the discount? And they're stack-able, right? Meaning you can use whatever sale theyhave and then 15% on top? I may stop by tomorrow.
laugh.gif

Grimlock-good deal. A lot of people sleep on DSW. I just picked up some super comfy Kenneth Cole Silver sandals for $40, went down from $130.

Yeah just use your college ID, I just read one dude used an expired one too and it still worked lol. I think because J. Crew puts a SKU # on one of the inside tags is how they find out about the item.

cRazy dav0, you should look in to Thick as Thieves suits. They run for about 500.
laugh.gif
My college ID is from 2003, my freshman year. It doesn't have an expiration date though. Thanks for the info.

Anyone know where to cop Pringle of Scotland polos online?
The crested ones with the lion?
I seen them at a shop there recently, thought they looked pretty nice, a change from the pony/croc.
So I was wondering if I could find them for less than here.

Anyone have one? How does it hold up?

Originally Posted by akaseandaley

Bucks baby, BUCKS!

0004h.jpg

what brand are these? thanks for the help. like the cap toes. how much?

Those are Lemberston Truex, $600.

Originally Posted by Murkn3m

Bucks baby, BUCKS!
0001h.jpg
where can i get these?? these are hot
pimp.gif

Those are Church's, $400.

RFX-you list too many staple shoes, man.
laugh.gif
I think a typical grown man has around 3-5 pairs of shoes, including sneakers.
It's all good, this is NT. Every man here probably averages 20-30 sneakers each. It wouldn't hurt to have 5-6 of those as dress shoes.
happy.gif

^Yeah, man. This is something I don't wanna get back into again.
laugh.gif
I want to have max of 10 shoes, including sneakers for bball and running. I rememberback in my Nike and Jordan days, I would have so many that some would be worn once or twice a year.

I'm eying a pair of boots that I will get and I think I'll be good with 5-6 pairs in my rotation comes Fall. Until then I have 2 pairs of sandals tohold me down in the hotter weather.
laugh.gif

Wow of course the two pairs of light colored shoes I like the most, are way out of my price range hahaha

Bucks baby, BUCKS!
0002h.jpg

must've missed these. CH did a great job with the contrast soles with the other colorways. wish they would've done the same with their new boat/pennyloafers that are out now.

been looking for a nice one for a min now and cant seem to find one

post some nice leather jackets
nerd.gif

thanks

Back
Top Bottom