Dressing better

One more leather jacket, just need a brown one and I'd be set.
28lyivl.jpg

Hey guys, need help with a suiting question again.

This is an old suit I've had in my closet for a while and want to see if it's worth salvaging. I don't like the shoulders much or the sleeves but I wanted to get everyone's opinion on it. I wore it to work today and of course nobody notices anything wrong with it but I'm sure the Dressing Better connoisseurs will help dissecting it. (Worn with brown belt and wingtips)

d32152e2356053257716a0cc2cd12583f109f80.jpg

Suit looks good, just need to shorten the sleeves.
Also, position the camera a bit higher so we can see how the suit really looks.

I have a question and I dont know how quite to explain it.. Some guys i see wearing suits their pants are basically light in weight and it just blows in the wind and looks funny when they walk which material pants is a suit usually

Wool is probably the most used material when it comes to suits, unless you go the cheaper route where they use polyester. Chances are, the material you see used are wool, they tend to be pretty light and I could imagine it being moved by the wind. There are plenty of other material options though.

If you don't mind me asking RFX, what do you do for a living? I think you just bought two Rick Owens leathers. Check out the Lad Musician leather, I think there is a brown color. Another one of my favorite brands I cannot afford.

I think Lad Musician leathers is much harder to find in the U.S. just like Julius.
I am looking for a more traditional brown leather jacket though, maybe a bomber style but w/o it being too bomber-esque.
The new TOJ Bombers looks great with the smaller pockets, something like this would work for me.
47501_902068435620_15904009_48474692_6096767_n.jpg

Or something like this Dior but in dark brown.
dexyz4.jpg

IMG_9102.JPG

new pickups

Uniqlo cargos $20

Uniqlo club collar oxford shirt $20

Military boots $30 & pocket square/bandana $3

tumblr_l8gi8uQMSg1qc6uifo1_500.jpg

coming soon to 5th ave Midtown, 6 blocks from the office
happy.gif

Originally Posted by dukeben18

Hey guys, need help with a suiting question again.

This is an old suit I've had in my closet for a while and want to see if it's worth salvaging. I don't like the shoulders much or the sleeves but I wanted to get everyone's opinion on it. I wore it to work today and of course nobody notices anything wrong with it but I'm sure the Dressing Better connoisseurs will help dissecting it. (Worn with brown belt and wingtips)

d32152e2356053257716a0cc2cd12583f109f80.jpg

you've really identified the issues with the suit already. the shoulder is the biggest - and that is probably hardest to fix. many tailors will promise you they can fix it and then disappoint you. depending on how much you care for it, you can try fixing it - if not i'd say sell and pick up something that fits better. shoulders are the most important/difficult place to fix. 

Just a quick Q about tie bars. Is there any proper placement for a tie bar? Does it matter if you're wearing a blazer closed, open, or no blazer? Or is it just up to personal preference. I want the tie bar to be as subtle as possible.

Originally Posted by RFX45

I think Lad Musician leathers is much harder to find in the U.S. just like Julius.
I am looking for a more traditional brown leather jacket though, maybe a bomber style but w/o it being too bomber-esque.
The new TOJ Bombers looks great with the smaller pockets, something like this would work for me.
47501_902068435620_15904009_48474692_6096767_n.jpg

Or something like this Dior but in dark brown.
dexyz4.jpg

how the hell do you go about ordering a TOJ jacket? Do i just email the guy?

Are there any stores currently having a sale on the Clarks Desert Boot, more specifically, the beeswax color?

Originally Posted by rhester

^ that's clean...

I found this interesting....

waistline-measurement-chart-for-men-090710-xlg.jpg
Thanks for this! Posted it in my blog. This helps us dudes here in the Philippines a lot since we do like ordering stuff from the US (though the net or through US-based relatives). I remember when my dad got me a pair of Levi's from the States. Tag says 36, but it sure as hell felt like a 42 or something *fail*
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by daveyyy

Originally Posted by rhester

^ that's clean...

I found this interesting....

waistline-measurement-chart-for-men-090710-xlg.jpg
Thanks for this! Posted it in my blog. This helps us dudes here in the Philippines a lot since we do like ordering stuff from the US (though the net or through US-based relatives). I remember when my dad got me a pair of Levi's from the States. Tag says 36, but it sure as hell felt like a 42 or something *fail*
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom