Dressing better

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Originally Posted by JRHodges11

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Alright my Indochino suit just came in, not sure how I'm feeling about it. Alterations most certainly need to be made, but not sure if I want to waste my time with it if it'll make a big enough difference for me to enjoy it.

Pics I know aren't great =/  Suit seems to make me look 25 pounds heavier in the pics
eyes.gif

Shirt is from them as well, fits pretty good, although it balloons just a little bit. Just not feeling the white collar to much with the suit.

Sleeves on the suit need to be shorten, shows no cuff when arms are laying flat on the side. Sides need to be taken in, looks too boxy. Pants have to be hemmed. Shoulders seem a tad bit to wide, really not sure.

Would love your opinions if I should bother going through the alterations if you think it would help or not? Last pics are with a different shirt and a quick tie. ( I enjoy this shirt a lot more with this suit compared to the one from them)

that is actually one of the better fitting IndoChino suits i have seen ... so not saying much for their workmanship. It fits pretty well in the shoulders and chest. Those are the two big problem areas for most suits. As long as those fit decently, the rest can be worked around. The suit is definitely not great, but it is faar from terrible - a very servicable suit which would fit well with a little more work.

In your case you need some serious waist suppression/shaping in the waist. Also the sleeves need to be shortened, and the pants hemmed. These are all things a competent alterations tailor can do. It would be great to see after shots.

Actually some things arent there fault I have seen some great looking Indochino suits but its up to the buyer because they send you the measuring kit all they do is make your suit based off of your own measurements....
ohwell.gif

I'm still debating on what to do.  Most likely will bring it Saturday to my tailor and see what he suggests (although i wanted to find a new tailor, but a suit I really don't want to go to someone I never been to)  I have until Monday to ship it back for a full refund.

From this first suit, they still tweak their measurements compared to what you give them.  For instance, I took about half an inch off in my waist measurement, and I still need to take about a full inch out of this waist.  The leg is over an inch longer compared to my measurement.  Although these are easily adjusted.  My main concern is def the waist area.

Are you able to send it back to get altered with different measurements rather then a full refund???

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Anyone recommends mens fashion tumblr accounts to follow?

I would like to know too.

also is there anything that I can treat a pair of boots with to make them not so stiff, or do I just have to continually break them in?

J. Press suits any good?...
A sample sale has them for $240

Nevermind.  Word is that it's better to wait for the Brooks Brother's sale after Christmas

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Anyone recommends mens fashion tumblr accounts to follow?

I would like to know too.

also is there anything that I can treat a pair of boots with to make them not so stiff, or do I just have to continually break them in?

one of our fellow nt'ers has a good one

http://nachobroadway.tumblr.com/

some others

http://ilikeitpreppy.tumblr.com/

http://singlemaltscotch.tumblr.com/

http://30andbroke.tumblr.com/

Great Hickey Freeman and Hickey Sale going on in NYC right now.
Very solid selection. Suits, shirts, ties, etc. 315 West 33rd Street until tomorrow. Checkit out.

was not even planning on getting these but after seeing this picture I think I'm going to have to. Don't know what I would wear

t7zxxi.jpg

for those of you whole have clark's desert boots, do the soles turn to a nasty yellow when you wear them in the rain? i just bought a pair of beeswax and i'm still undecided whether or not i want to wear them in bad weather.

Originally Posted by ChiqGa

for those of you whole have clark's desert boots, do the soles turn to a nasty yellow when you wear them in the rain? i just bought a pair of beeswax and i'm still undecided whether or not i want to wear them in bad weather.
Keep in mind that these shoes are terrible for inclement weather.  They have absolutely no traction once wet. Hence the name, DESERT boot.

Quick heads up. 40% off on one regularly priced item Wednesdays at the GAP... It's every Wednesday, just ask the cashier for the coupon at checkout, they give em to you for the whole month.

Pretty legit, just picked up a down vest for about 30 bucks

I think it works at Banana Republic and Old Navy as well....

Originally Posted by omgitswes

was not even planning on getting these but after seeing this picture I think I'm going to have to. Don't know what I would wear

t7zxxi.jpg
Duck boots look awesome in pictures, but whenever I see someone wearing them I tell myself I will never buy them. They look like something you should wear while working in a field, not casually in a city. 

Originally Posted by McStabb05

Quick heads up. 40% off on one regularly priced item Wednesdays at the GAP... It's every Wednesday, just ask the cashier for the coupon at checkout, they give em to you for the whole month.

nice2.gif

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by McStabb05

nice2.gif
BTW, 30% off + free shipping at Levis.com with code EMAIL1853.  Expires 10/25.

For those that wear boots..

is a 1.5 inch heel a little bit too much?

I found a pair of boots that I really like..but the 1.5 inch seems a bit feminine.

Is there like a rule/guideline where men's shoes/boots shouldn't exceed a 1 inch heel or something?

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

For those that wear boots..

is a 1.5 inch heel a little bit too much?

I found a pair of boots that I really like..but the 1.5 inch seems a bit feminine.

Is there like a rule/guideline where men's shoes/boots shouldn't exceed a 1 inch heel or something?
Depends how bulky the rest of the shoe is and how thick the rest of the sole is. 1.5" certainly seems to be pushing the limit for a heel on a men's shoe, but it could be OK on a very big and bulky boot. 
Not sure if there is a rule, but anything more than an inch or so might make you look like you're trying to trick people into thinking you're taller than you are. 

any lace up boot recommendations? the polo ranger boots are ideal to me in looks but damn I don't want boots that everyone and their mother has..
thinking about sebago lighthouse but I don't know how they would hold up in snow and how warm they will be in the winter..

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

....10/25 was 2 days ago fam....
Sorry, bad joke.  Dude brought up the Gap 40% off for every Wednesday of this month...as the last Wednesday of the month was just about over.

Back
Top Bottom