Dressing better

Originally Posted by Numberr97

Another wasted night in NYC..
I feel like you'd have to be in your early 50s, have a beard, and smoke a pipe to pull this look off... and not look silly and nerdy.  Dressing "age appropriate" goes both ways in my opinion.
Just my 2¢.

Originally Posted by oo206oo

I feel like you'd have to be in your early 50s, have a beard, and smoke a pipe to pull this look off... and not look silly and nerdy.  Dressing "age appropriate" goes both ways in my opinion.
Just my 2¢.
I don't think the look needs to be age appropriate, I'm not saying this is the best look for this style (tweed blazer w/ navy pants) but I think I did well w/o looking grandpa-+@%.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Just my 2¢.
I don't think the look needs to be age appropriate, I'm not saying this is the best look for this style (tweed blazer w/ navy pants) but I think I did well w/o looking grandpa-$+@.

Too clean.
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by generaiya

Generaiya thinks those that are looking for an economic option for a suit to consider purchasing the J.Crew Aldridge Suit on sale for $400
Use the code MUSTSHOP and get 40% off to get the suit for $260+tax. Free shipping.

Even better, make it a 3-piece by adding the vest.

erez

erez

i want to pull the trigger on this but ordering a suit online is so iffy. how will you know how it fits? any advice?

I bought this suit online a couple of weeks ago. The pants are PERFECT but I haven't gotten the vest yet. Ships Feb 15. I will try to give more feed back later

RFX, i'd agree you pulled it off better. Imo, its the bow tie and the texture of the pants that puts it over the top and screams "grandpa" to me.

To each his own, if thats dudes style, i got no problem with it. I just thought id chime in with an outside opinion.

To each his own, if thats dudes style, i got no problem with it. I just thought id chime in with an outside opinion.

Opinion is good and should be encouraged. 
The bowtie definitely gave it a more "grandpa" look. 

Originally Posted by generaiya

Originally Posted by Andrew630

^There's no option for the pants.

There was when Generaiya first posted it. Sold out now.
The Ludlow version of that suit is now also on sale.

Thanks for the tip. I almost bough the suit at full price a few months ago and never thought the "slim" cut would go on sale. Jacket is $180 after sale and extra 40% off with MUSTSHOP code.

Some dress shoes pick-ups from my recent Barcelona trip:

Goodyear construction Santoni

Cordowainer

Mayol

good thing you didn't wear a red bowtie and gray pants, would've looked too peewee herman-like.
bowties are either hit or miss.  would've looked better without it and the shirt collar spread out.

Thanks, looking for a pair of slim fit light grey flannel/worsted wool pants at the moment to go with them. Any recommendations?

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Can you tailor a knit cardigan?

Just wondering. I have 2 that I bought recently and it needs some tailoring.

You need a very skilled tailor and probably cost too much and probably not worth it and has a high risk of being ruined.

awon23,

Don't know if it would be much help, but got it from this store:

On La Rambla de Catalunya in Barcelona. As simple as it looks (double monk strap) imo it really is one of a kind. I was in love as soon as I saw them...

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Can you tailor a knit cardigan?

Just wondering. I have 2 that I bought recently and it needs some tailoring.

You need a very skilled tailor and probably cost too much and probably not worth it and has a high risk of being ruined.
Yeah, that's what I thought too. It's those chunky knit ones
ohwell.gif

Oh well.

RFX,

Can you post a picture of an ideal suit pant paint length?

Like, aren't they supposed to sit on top of your shoe?

I think it differs from person to person and pants to pants.
For me, little to no break is ideal.
Check Niis blog, he does pants length real well.
I'm pretty happy with the break of my pants in the pic a few posts up.
It might look a bit weird because I'm wearing boots and it's cotton so it drapes differently from wool.

Yeah it looks like he has it sitting right on top of his shoe. That is how I like it. I dunno, any type of slack on top of your dress shoe just urks me
laugh.gif

Sometimes it's a fine line though from being high water to no break or a little bit too much break. Which is why it is so rare to find the right pants otr.

Back
Top Bottom