Dressing better

Graduation is coming up and I'm trying to shy away from the black suit/white shirt combo. Would it be appropriate to sport navy suit with a nice plaid or gingham shirt and a solid knit tie?

HS or University?

It probably doesn't even matter, in HS, people don't care so wear what you want. I've seen people wear shorts and sandals under their togas. You'll probably be the best dressed either way. In a university, doesn't matter either, just go with it.

dressing better?

dudes wear vibram for casual wear now?

geezus christ NT
RFX plz dont tell me you co sign'n this 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

HS or University?

It probably doesn't even matter, in HS, people don't care so wear what you want. I've seen people wear shorts and sandals under their togas. You'll probably be the best dressed either way. In a university, doesn't matter either, just go with it.
University.  I'm planing on grabbing a shirt from Modern tailor the only thing I can't decide on is the size of collar I want.  I really dig the thick lapels of Italian bespoke tailoring so I was thinking of going with a large cutaway collar but then again I don't think I'll find a suit in the 300-500 price range that will really fit those standards.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

dressing better?

dudes wear vibram for casual wear now?

geezus christ NT
laugh.gif

I caught so much flak from my cousins about these it ain't even funny. But, I don't give a F, my feet love me for 'em 
laugh.gif

Anyways, more...

5618452162_b33fc6c17c.jpg

-

5620418629_a624cd7158.jpg

Originally Posted by aceofjays

- bra, that tie and those lapels are too skinny for your chest. more so the tie. 
- the fit needs some contrast. A navy blue cardigan would have been better. 
- invest in some shirts with wider/beefier collars. that collar is doing the fit no favors. 

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Nah, no go on Vibram for me, no matter how comfortable they are.
It's all good in the gym I guess if it's comfortable but that is as far as it should go in my opinion.
 I just didn't want to say anything to avoid problems.

On other new, just got the GQ Style Manual, not a bad guide overall.
JysUM.jpg

Originally Posted by niidawg3

- bra, that tie and those lapels are too skinny for your chest. more so the tie. 
- the fit needs some contrast. A navy blue cardigan would have been better. 
- invest in some shirts with wider/beefier collars. that collar is doing the fit no favors. 
Trust I know everything about the fit and proportions are off. After all, this is the same jacket with the ill fitting sleeves. I'm working on upgrading my more dressy pieces(bought my first spread collar shirt; love it) next up is a decent suit. I'm getting there slowly, but surely.

^ I guess if you're being nitpicky..

But to an average bloke, I think its a pretty nice fitting fit.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

It's all good in the gym I guess if it's comfortable but that is as far as it should go in my opinion.

JysUM.jpg
I refer to this style book a few times in a week. A lot of info and nice pieces in it. It's like the Bible in my house
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by got shoes

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

JysUM.jpg
I refer to this style book a few times in a week. A lot of info and nice pieces in it. It's like the Bible in my house
laugh.gif
Is this a special edition? Separate from the monthly magazine? Or is this an old issue?

Sharp look.  I just got a brown leather and I've been thinking about getting one in that color for awhile.  Nicely put together.  What shoes did you use to complete the fit?

2a8fbqs.jpg

50 killin the DB suit

pimp.gif

-

5617865991_260c416bb6_z.jpg

-

5617866893_fe650e7ec2.jpg

5617885093_ca89d43faf.jpg

Im sure those Vibrams are comfortable but they be strictly for the gym
nerd.gif
lol.... some plain white chucks or Stan Smiths would clean that up nice for cheap.

the maroon Fit is clean
pimp.gif

I posted that GQ Style Manual here a few months back when I copped it at Barnes & Noble. No clue if they still have any lying around..

double breasted suits are not for everybody

cover up the head and it looks like a plump lady.

better have a manzier under there and those top buttons just look like nips

^^^ It looks like the BR one but I may be mistaken. Is BR doing Thursday or Wednesday 40% off. I remember someone saying this awhile back?

If it IS the BR one (and it does appear to be), it looks better in ace's pic than it does on their own site. The pockets look bulky and distracting on the site pic.

Originally Posted by oo206oo

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

My bad if its been mentioned already, but what brand is this leather?
And for my 2¢, aceofjays is the best dressed dude in this thread. 

co-sign .... why the hell does he need "contrast", when his fit looks so nice ... I thought style included being yourself.

Why does Dressing better" meed such an acute formula? 

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

2a8fbqs.jpg

50 killin the DB suit

pimp.gif
Something about this fit looks off to me. Like it is just a little too small around the middle.  

*edit* yup, def too small around the middle niidawg dble breasted >>>> 50

Back
Top Bottom