Dressing better

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Where can I buy some black skinny chinos at? Tried urbaniutfitters, but they don't have black.
H&M or Gap has them as well.

btw, i really like the gray suit with brown shoes look
pimp.gif

what are chino's? I've seen them before but why are they call chino's? & where's a good place to get some slim fit ones?

I was considering wearing this tomorrow, as I said in an earlier post ive never worn a bowtie and kinda want to. But I need opinions

If it looks just totally horrible, I was going with this. Ive worn this tie before

Thoughts?
grin.gif

D you have a cardigan? I feel like that'd look better with the bowtie than the sweatervest. Or maybe even just a regular sweater. It's not a horrible outfit but the sweater vest with the super baggy shirt sleeves isn't a good look.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Navy sport coat could look good. And sleeves don't have to be baggy no matter how much you weigh.

I have some other shirts, some patterned, but alot of my white shirts are oxford and theyre heavier than I was goin for.

Maybe ill go with the navy sportcoat.

You think khakis and loafers are straight?

Originally Posted by manamazing55

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Navy sport coat could look good. And sleeves don't have to be baggy no matter how much you weigh.

I have some other shirts, some patterned, but alot of my white shirts are oxford and theyre heavier than I was goin for.

Maybe ill go with the navy sportcoat.

You think khakis and loafers are straight?
I think everything is generally a bit baggy but it doesn't look horrible at all. I know it can be tougher to pull off slimmer stuff if you're a bigger guy. I'm not a huge fan of khaki pants with khaki loafers, but again it's not terrible. Maybe some brown leather would look better especially if you go with the navy sportscoat. 
What sort of occasion is this for? Unless it's something very casual I'd go navy coat, bowtie, khakis and brown leather if possible. 

its a college graduation, but im just gonna be sitting in the stands for a few hours...........theyll be people there in suits, and people there in shorts and flops haha

its a college graduation, but im just gonna be sitting in the stands for a few hours...........theyll be people there in suits, and people there in shorts and flops haha
True, lot of different outfits so you'll be fine on that end. I think the navy coat would also just go better with the bowtie color-wise.

I was considering wearing this tomorrow, as I said in an earlier post ive never worn a bowtie and kinda want to. But I need opinions

If it looks just totally horrible, I was going with this. Ive worn this tie before

Thoughts?
grin.gif
The effort's there.
happy.gif

My first problem with it is the driving shoes/loafers with khakis, especially since they're baggy.  I know you said you're a bigger guy but you can find something that tapers more.  In relation to that, a sweater vest isn't all bad, it can be done right but it makes your midsection/body look even bigger, partly because of how the shirt bells out near the waist.  For some reason I don't like the bowtie with the button-down collar, I think you'd be better off with the tie personally.

I messed up very badly the other night....I didn't think it was going to be a dressy affair....so I threw on some suit pants and jean jacket...so dumb and in front of some very influential folks too.....sigh

I also need to update my brown shoes...these ones are too  dark and too square....thinking of buying a pair of cole haans

DSC_3361.JPG

At least you weren't the guy that showed up wearing a jersey.
Joke.

Why didn't you just take off the jean jacket?

Thoughts?
grin.gif
Is this pre-tied?  If so, it looks upside down.  It looks off for some reason, like its sloping upwards.

If you want to wear the bowtie, ditch the vest.  After the ceremony, loosen up a bit and roll your sleeves so you'll look less formal, more approachable/relaxed.  Otherwise, ditch the vest and wear the sportcoat.  Bottom half doesn't look bad for what you're going for.  Just don't wear socks with those drivers.

Present a strong upper half and you'll give'em no reason to look down.

its pretied...........I have the label facing the correct way so I guess its right side up haha.

thanks for the suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom