Dressing better

I know it's not the best fit...but it's a last moment thing...would a red chambray work better
or a blue botton down sleeves rolled up

2ly62pz.png

Just went shopping for some dress pants in an actual store for the first time in a long while.
Being long and lanky FTL 
eyes.gif

looking to buy a SUIT in the coming months... have a few weddings to go to by the end of the year.

whats the overall opinion on Brooks Brothers suits???

i was at the Outlets and saw they have a 2 for 500$ deal.... seemed decent to me, but i dont know anything about suit buying..

lil help here?

i dont want to make a separate thread for this question and I don't think these shoes are dressing better worthy but if somebody could identify them for me that would be great
edit* nvermind i got em

planning on wearing a grey v neck sweater tomorrow night, wat color collared button up shirt should i wear under..

i was thinking a dark navy blue...white...or maybe a grey red mix.....

this is just for a small gathering nothing over the top...

Originally Posted by VeEzyV

planning on wearing a grey v neck sweater tomorrow night, wat color collared button up shirt should i wear under..

A crispy, criiiiispy @!+ white shirt.

Get it pressed and starched if you can.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by tony23retro

Originally Posted by VeEzyV

A crispy, criiiiispy @!+ white shirt.

Get it pressed and starched if you can.

pimp.gif
lol at crispy...for sure...

dark jeans and some white or brown shoes?

I'm starting an internship where I have to wear suits daily. Suggestions on some black dress shoes?

you dudes got me sold on the spring courts.....does anyone know where they can be had in a size 13?.....either low or mid

Originally Posted by shycagoill

I know it's not the best fit...but it's a last moment thing...would a red chambray work better
or a blue botton down sleeves rolled up

2ly62pz.png
That red chambray is
pimp.gif
where is that from?

Originally Posted by Sik Wit It

looking to buy a SUIT in the coming months... have a few weddings to go to by the end of the year.

i was at the Outlets and saw they have a 2 for 500$ deal.... seemed decent to me, but i dont know anything about suit buying..

lil help here?

I also need some help with this. I'm also looking to buy a few suits, but in my case they're for law school. Should I start off with something cheap and get a few suits from a Men's Wearhouse/Jos A. Bank type of stuff or should I buy one really nice suit from Brooks Brothers/Nordstrom Rack/etc?

Originally Posted by kamakazipnoygt

Originally Posted by Sik Wit It

lil help here?

I also need some help with this. I'm also looking to buy a few suits, but in my case they're for law school. Should I start off with something cheap and get a few suits from a Men's Wearhouse/Jos A. Bank type of stuff or should I buy one really nice suit from Brooks Brothers/Nordstrom Rack/etc?

Make it three of us. I need to buy a navy and a charcoal suit within the next month or so. I've been checking Nordstrom Rack a few times a week, but it's really hit or miss. Once in awhile you'll find some decent brands (Hickey Freeman, Hugo Boss), but it'll be the wrong size.
ohwell.gif

Nii, I remember you gave suggestions awhile back on "lower" price level suits in the 400-700ish range, but if I recall, much of that advice involved serious bargain hunting/discounts. Any suggestions for finding a decent suit(s) while on a timetable?

I'm sure ksteezy would agree, and if I were in the market for a suit right now I'd definitely like to try this out in store, that this is something to consider:
[h1][/h1]
[h1]The Official Job Interview Suit for the Class of 2011[/h1]
May 20, 2011 at 1:10PM by Nic Screws

A word to America's recent graduates: As you venture in to post-collegiate life, you will encounter some good news and some bad news. The bad: Employment rates are, well, you know, salaries for those entering the workforce are lower, and... things are just worse than expected. But The Style Blog can't really help with that. (Unless you're looking to be a fashion intern; in which case, email us). What we can do is help in readying you for interview season — stylistically speaking, at least. (Although while we're at it: don't be late, don't be too early, don't bring a briefcase, thank-you note — in the mail.)

Anyway, you probably have yourself a little graduation money. And sure, you could spend that on a trip to Punta Cana or Dharamsala. Or you could make the very adult decision to use the funds on the ultimate future investment: a nice suit. Yes, it's time to retire that ill-fitting, hand-me-down from dad that you wore to the fraternity semi-formal — and certainly anything with three buttons or in polyester. But we told you there was good news, which is that there are tons of affordable upgrades this season that fit just right — from the likes of Theory, Joseph Abboud, and Banana Republic, just to name a few.

The better news? J. Crew literally just launched, on its site, a leaner (read: young and modern) version of its classic, best-selling wool Ludlow suit. Like the original, the new slim fit — aptly called SL — is available as separates, so finding office-ready clothes that fit just became a lot easier. (Especially if that interview is, like, today.) The Ludlow's trousers are slimmer through the hip and thigh and sit below the waist — perfect for a slightly shorter inseam. The suit jacket has a universally flattering deep gorge with narrow shoulders, two-buttons and a sleek, narrow lapel. And it all comes in charcoal and navy, which would be our top suggestions for the novice wardrobe-builder to begin with.

The next step: get yourself five rotating dress-shirt options (solid oxford, crisp white, butcher stripe, and maybe two patterns — but subtle ones), plus a few good ties (solid dark and silk-knit to start) and well-shined, lace-up shoes (black or brown brogue or cap-toe will do). Then just wait till the paychecks roll in. Good luck out there, fellas.

Read more: http://www.esquire.com/blogs/mens-fashion/job-interview-suit-5777079#ixzz1OHvyyI1m

esq-j-crew-ludlow-suit-052011-lg.jpg

Originally Posted by HHHornet15

I'm sure ksteezy would agree, and if I were in the market for a suit right now I'd definitely like to try this out in store, that this is something to consider:
[h1][/h1]
[h1]The Official Job Interview Suit for the Class of 2011[/h1]
May 20, 2011 at 1:10PM by Nic Screws

A word to America's recent graduates: As you venture in to post-collegiate life, you will encounter some good news and some bad news. The bad: Employment rates are, well, you know, salaries for those entering the workforce are lower, and... things are just worse than expected. But The Style Blog can't really help with that. (Unless you're looking to be a fashion intern; in which case, email us). What we can do is help in readying you for interview season — stylistically speaking, at least. (Although while we're at it: don't be late, don't be too early, don't bring a briefcase, thank-you note — in the mail.)

Anyway, you probably have yourself a little graduation money. And sure, you could spend that on a trip to Punta Cana or Dharamsala. Or you could make the very adult decision to use the funds on the ultimate future investment: a nice suit. Yes, it's time to retire that ill-fitting, hand-me-down from dad that you wore to the fraternity semi-formal — and certainly anything with three buttons or in polyester. But we told you there was good news, which is that there are tons of affordable upgrades this season that fit just right — from the likes of Theory, Joseph Abboud, and Banana Republic, just to name a few.

The better news? J. Crew literally just launched, on its site, a leaner (read: young and modern) version of its classic, best-selling wool Ludlow suit. Like the original, the new slim fit — aptly called SL — is available as separates, so finding office-ready clothes that fit just became a lot easier. (Especially if that interview is, like, today.) The Ludlow's trousers are slimmer through the hip and thigh and sit below the waist — perfect for a slightly shorter inseam. The suit jacket has a universally flattering deep gorge with narrow shoulders, two-buttons and a sleek, narrow lapel. And it all comes in charcoal and navy, which would be our top suggestions for the novice wardrobe-builder to begin with.

The next step: get yourself five rotating dress-shirt options (solid oxford, crisp white, butcher stripe, and maybe two patterns — but subtle ones), plus a few good ties (solid dark and silk-knit to start) and well-shined, lace-up shoes (black or brown brogue or cap-toe will do). Then just wait till the paychecks roll in. Good luck out there, fellas.

Read more: http://www.esquire.com/blogs/mens-fashion/job-interview-suit-5777079#ixzz1OHvyyI1m

esq-j-crew-ludlow-suit-052011-lg.jpg

Fit is nice, but I just dont think I could pull of the color of the shoes.

I am going to buy that J Crew suit within the next month or two. I just need to get sized. This might be a dumb question sill in need to take that suit to a tailor after I receive it?

Originally Posted by RedMan

I am going to buy that J Crew suit within the next month or two. I just need to get sized. This might be a dumb question sill in need to take that suit to a tailor after I receive it?

You'll more than likely have to take it to your tailor, if you're looking for a more refined look.

Back
Top Bottom