Dressing better

Originally Posted by TheZephyr777

I need a necklace

Suggest me something....
Nah, get a chain.

04f1652e7516ef9c3622584ecf472c8c28348537.jpg

Get a UK7.5 though if possible. I don't want you to blame me if a UK7 turns out to be too small.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Get a UK7.5 though if possible. I don't want you to blame me if a UK7 turns out to be too small.
Normally, a US10 is a UK9.5. For boots, I've usually sized down 1 to 1.5. So a US8.5 is about what I should be...which would be a UK8.BUT...the Bihar is supposedly usual. UK7 would be a US7.5...

I'm so confused
laugh.gif

It does get confusing, especially with Paul Smith as their shoe sizes vary greatly.

This is usually how I do it with other UK/Italian sizing. I go one size down so from US10 to US9 but then it goes one more size when it goes to UK sizing so aUS9 = UK8 or 8G and then i go from there.
But with Paul Smith, I really do have to try the shoes on or else I am surely to get the wrong size.

Probably not considered dressing better, but I love graphic t shirts like this. Picked these up this morning at the Marc by Marc Jacobs store on Melrose.
29wkcg2.jpg

The 5 scarfs I plan to use this winter. RFX- that's pretty much how I got into wearing them. My girlfriend (at the time) bought one for me, and on awindy day, my neck was freezing so I decided to rock it. Felt in love with scarfs ever since.
laugh.gif

25slgzs.jpg

I got a question for you guy's.
Jean Jacket with khaki pants or Jean Jacket with the same color jeans?

Originally Posted by Redrum SB

If it's between the two, khaki pants for sure. Jean jacket with matching jeans is a no IMO. Jean jacket with a pair of jeans in a differentshade looks better than both though.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

If it's between the two, khaki pants for sure. Jean jacket with matching jeans is a no IMO. Jean jacket with a pair of jeans in a different shade looks better than both though.
thanks, I just bought a jean jacket and I'm gonna rock it tomorrow, I have these H&M jeans that have a destroyed look and I was plannin onrockin it with the jean jacket. the jean jacket is a medium wash with no distress and the jeans are almost the same color but they have lots of areas ofdistress with lighter coloration. Would that be acceptable?

So for the next two semesters, I'm going to be volunteering at a prison for two days a week. The dress code is simply no jeans or shorts and open toedshoes. Basically business casual and ties aren't allowed to be worn. I was thinking about just rotating a few oxford shirts with a pair of khaki chinos andboat shoes or wingtips.

My main question is: Tucked shirt or untucked shirt with no tie and khaki chinos?

If it's between the two, khaki pants for sure. Jean jacket with matching jeans is a no IMO. Jean jacket with a pair of jeans in a different shade looks better than both though.
thanks, I just bought a jean jacket and I'm gonna rock it tomorrow, I have these H&M jeans that have a destroyed look and I was plannin on rockin it with the jean jacket. the jean jacket is a medium wash with no distress and the jeans are almost the same color but they have lots of areas of distress with lighter coloration. Would that be acceptable?

i'm not fashion guru..but if the jeans are almost the same color..regardless of the distress or not, i wouldnt do it. the only acceptable way (as I seefit) of wearing a jean jacket with jeans..is if the jeans are a dark wash and the jacket is a rather light/medium wash.

Besides Levi's, who makes a good jean jacket? Im not feeling the colors/washes they have on the website.

Also who makes a good peacoat/short peacoat? H&M has some nice ones for a decent price, but anyone else have another brand? $150 max.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Besides Levi's, who makes a good jean jacket? Im not feeling the colors/washes they have on the website.
I copped a Carhartt one from A.J. Wright. Was only $20 and the fit is great.

I copped a Carhartt one from A.J. Wright. Was only $20 and the fit is great.
Will look into that.

Any one know of some pants that look like the 511 trousers, but fit more like 514s or 501s?

thanks, I just bought a jean jacket and I'm gonna rock it tomorrow, I have these H&M jeans that have a destroyed look and I was plannin on rockin it with the jean jacket. the jean jacket is a medium wash with no distress and the jeans are almost the same color but they have lots of areas of distress with lighter coloration. Would that be acceptable?
Post fit pics and let's see
laugh.gif
I'm in the market fora new jean jacket too

Originally Posted by seanyboyy

So for the next two semesters, I'm going to be volunteering at a prison for two days a week. The dress code is simply no jeans or shorts and open toed shoes. Basically business casual and ties aren't allowed to be worn. I was thinking about just rotating a few oxford shirts with a pair of khaki chinos and boat shoes or wingtips.

My main question is: Tucked shirt or untucked shirt with no tie and khaki chinos?
Are you going to be working directly with the prisoners? I would just wear shirts tucked into pants, no ties.

Always tuck in the shirt when you can, even with jeans.
Unless it is real short, like it is meant to be untucked.

I like those tees WJ4, I always like MJ tees, their somewhat out there and unusual without going too overboard.

I like those tees WJ4, I always like MJ tees, their somewhat out there and unusual without going too overboard.
That is true. A personal rule of thumb I go by is that if the shirt is long enough to cover your butt, tuck it in.

I'm going to see how these shirts hold up after several wears before I go back and scoop some more up.
laugh.gif

Sure, if you wanna look like an old man that is.

laugh.gif

We're not talking about this...
00003f.jpg

But rather like this...
00004f.jpg

Originally Posted by wj4

laugh.gif

We're not talking about this...
00003f.jpg

But rather like this...
00004f.jpg
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom