Dressing better

where did you get those clarks for 50?

00001f.jpg

where can i a find a similar jacket to this?

Those are D&G I believe.
Check out Diesel, they have similar leather jackets for around $450-$800.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Those are D&G I believe.
Check out Diesel, they have similar leather jackets for around $450-$800.
That's next on my list. A good leather jacket. Maybe next year.

Picked these up at Macy's for $65 with my discount card. Exactly what I was looking for. A black pair of boots that's not too high and are dresseddown. I have worn the black BR Chukkas for about 4-5 times now and they are now my fav pair of shoes. Even with a white t shirt and dark denim, they lookgreat.
34fbdd2.jpg

Whats more universal? Im looking for a watch thats can be worn with a nice outfit, to a casual t-shirt and jeans outfit.

MKY09QW_mn.jpg

Or

MKY09QZ_mn.jpg

The second watch I tried in Bloomingdales today, it had a silver face though, not black.

what do u need to know? fashion for yourself or for school? if its for yourself you dont need a book

Originally Posted by Durden7

Anyone have any book recommendations on style/fashion?
As for books..I bought this and liked it. It gives some cool tips like how to care for certain fabrics, origination and such, misconceptionusages of terms, etc. It was only around $15-20.
esquire-handbook-of-style.jpg

I also bought the Sartorialist book, that one doesn't have texts at all...just pictures he took around the world.

Aside from that I pick up GQ almost monthly for toilet reading material.

I guess everything gets thrown in the brain and the outcome is m own style.

The Janoski's have to be one of the most comfortable shoes I own right now. I bought my normal size and after a week they broke in and feel great, this wasthe black colorway.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Whats more universal? Im looking for a watch thats can be worn with a nice outfit, to a casual t-shirt and jeans outfit.

Or

The second watch I tried in Bloomingdales today, it had a silver face though, not black.
What's your pricing point? I don't know how much Michael Kors watches run, I'm going to guess around $200-500? If it's aroundthat range, I personally would go with a Seiko or Citizen.

Either of those watches will be versatile enough for almost all occasions IMO. Black leather strap is classy, yet sporty. The silver one is just timeless.

RFX, I'm with you on those obsidian janoski's. The boat-style laces with the brown trim on the shoe make it a must cop. Apparently, November is theofficial release... which is most likely why we can only find them at CaliRoots right now.

Originally Posted by wj4

Or

What's your pricing point? I don't know how much Michael Kors watches run, I'm going to guess around $200-500? If it's around that range, I personally would go with a Seiko or Citizen.

Either of those watches will be versatile enough for almost all occasions IMO. Black leather strap is classy, yet sporty. The silver one is just timeless.

Both are under $200.
pimp.gif

http://www.amazon.com/Det...id=1256610405&sr=8-2

I HIGHLY recommend this book to any fashion/style beginner. Basically its a book that tells you how to dress.
It doesn't go in EXTREME detail, and it has tons of pictures and examples.
The book the WJ posted is also good, I would say between the Esquire book and this one, I would pick the details one.
I would pick both of them up though...

Then just take your pick, man. Both are versatile. It's pretty much what I have...a silver watch and a black watch (albeit mine is rubber strap, notleather).

The only reason why I may not go with the leather is if it's your only watch. I've read that you should let the leather breath after wearing so youshouldn't wear it the next day. But if you like it more than the silver one, it's only $200...go for it.
laugh.gif

^

Im asking my mom to get it for me for my birthday (20th next month.
pimp.gif
).
laugh.gif

Any other watches with a similar style you can think of? Black leather band, im still iffy about the crock leather.

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

http://www.amazon.com/Det...id=1256610405&sr=8-2

I HIGHLY recommend this book to any fashion/style beginner. Basically its a book that tells you how to dress.
It doesn't go in EXTREME detail, and it has tons of pictures and examples.
The book the WJ posted is also good, I would say between the Esquire book and this one, I would pick the details one.
I would pick both of them up though...
I also saw that book when I did my weekly run at the local bookstore. I chuckled at the cover because the fitment of the sleeves on the jacket ishorrible.

IMO you shouldn't get a book that tells you how to dress, but rather makes suggestions for you to take in and digest. I browsed through Detail's bookfor about 15 mins and it was cool, color pages as oppose to Esquire's which is in black/white. I didn't wanna spend $30 on it so I went withEsquire's version.

^

Im asking my mom to get it for me for my birthday (20th next month.
pimp.gif
).
laugh.gif

Any other watches with a similar style you can think of? Black leather band, im still iffy about the crock leather.
Check out the local Costco. Some of them have good deals on watches. I think there may be some that are around $200 that you may like. I dolike the simpler faces myself. I had a chrono watch at one time, and never did learned to use the functions of the dials in the background.
laugh.gif

If this is your first watch, it's a great place to start price wise, to get a feel for it and determine if you like wearing a watch or not. The firstcouple of watches I bought were $100-200 ones from Swatch and Kenneth Cole. I bought them based on the design. I lost one at the gym and didn't reallymind. Had that been an expensive watch, it would be a different story.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom