Dressing better

laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
that hundreds tee is on sale on My eBay by the way if anybody wants it.

Originally Posted by wj4

Dude, how can you wear that?
laugh.gif
I was sweating in a t shirt and jeans today.

I did go out at night, which was a cool 70 degrees and the blazer is unlined so it is perfect for spring/summer.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Originally Posted by hymen man

laugh.gif
nil who takes your pictures?

i swear i was gonna ask this

I have a personal camera guy who follows me wherever i go ...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Naah ... seriously ....
1. In the office shots, i just set it up on the printer or one of the shelves.  
2. In the wild ... i just look for a park bench, wall, anything that is of a decent height ... set the timer, ran to the spot and slap a silly grin on my face

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

Got the Dior blazer back from Dynasty Tailors in NY.
To the dismay of many frequent posters here I will be rocking the black blazer often.

img1387k.jpg
I like the blazer but I really hope that's not how you're gonna rock it, with sagging, baggy jeans. Disregard this if you just threw it on for the pic. 

No dismay here ... that is the one thing you have to understand about fashion/style. Its about finding your happy medium while making sure you dont break the most obvious ridiculous rules. As long as you are doing that ... you are good.

Btw -- is this the completed jacket? If it is, i think there is waaay too much waist suppression, which is giving you "hips". Either have less waist suppression, or your tailor needs to take in the lower part also. You shouldnt look like an hour glass. 

I was thinking the same thing nii, but I thought the bagginess of his jeans may be adding to the hourglass effect, basically pushing out the sides of the jacket. I think if he wore some slim jeans or dress pants it'd look less womanly.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

Got the Dior blazer back from Dynasty Tailors in NY.
To the dismay of many frequent posters here I will be rocking the black blazer often.

img1387k.jpg
I like the blazer but I really hope that's not how you're gonna rock it, with sagging, baggy jeans. Disregard this if you just threw it on for the pic. 

No dismay here ... that is the one thing you have to understand about fashion/style. Its about finding your happy medium while making sure you dont break the most obvious ridiculous rules. As long as you are doing that ... you are good.

Btw -- is this the completed jacket? If it is, i think there is waaay too much waist suppression, which is giving you "hips". Either have less waist suppression, or your tailor needs to take in the lower part also. You shouldnt look like an hour glass. 

I see what you guys mean, not sure if it's the outfit, the angle or if it needs some re-adjustments.

I've had that "skirt" look in one of the blazers I've tried on at Nordstrom Rack before.
I think it is a combination of waist suppression and the pants you are wearing.
I'd definitely try and get the bottom fixed a bit if possible.

Do anyone have pictures of what to wear when the weather gets warmer? I need some schooling on that

how are those jeans baggy? if anything thats what alot of jeans look like when you buy them really slim and have them stretch out

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

how are those jeans baggy? if anything thats what alot of jeans look like when you buy them really slim and have them stretch out
They might not be that baggy viewed by themselves, but when you pair it with a blazer that has been tailored to fit so close to the body, the jeans have to have a similar fit or the top to bottom transition won't look right. So in that sense they are baggy because they are much looser than the blazer. Not saying he has to wear skin tight stuff, just that they can't be loose like they are if he wants to rock it with that blazer. 

Hey Nii wonderfull fit once again.

Can you/or anyone recommended any Dress shirts with french cuffs, preferably slim fit. Maybe white collar/light blue stripes Im trying to get my easter fit together.

Nii, shouldn't you have your jackets on a hanger in the backseat. Maybe it's optional on the E-class, trade you a 96 Taurus complete with 2 hanger hooks.

Picked up some brown leather & suede chukka boots from Gilt.
image1xl.jpg

ON/BR 30% off starts tomo, good for a few inexpensive spring staples.

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Nii, shouldn't you have your jackets on a hanger in the backseat. Maybe it's optional on the E-class, trade you a 96 Taurus complete with 2 hanger hooks.

Picked up some brown leather & suede chukka boots from Gilt. ON/BR 30% off starts tomo, good for a few inexpensive spring staples.

Lolz ..it does have a hanger in the back. Never come around to doing it, cos most morning i barely wake up with enough time to dress and rush to work. I am not a morning person. But i'll start trying cos i've received that feedback from multiple people.

Originally Posted by hadegbite

Hey Nii wonderfull fit once again.

Can you/or anyone recommended any Dress shirts with french cuffs, preferably slim fit. Maybe white collar/light blue stripes Im trying to get my easter fit together.

Thanks man ... i'll highly recommend either TM Lewin (http://www.tmlewin.co.uk/) or Charles Tyrwhitt (http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/) ... especially during sales. I've picked up 4 slim fit french cuff shirts from either maker for less than 120 bucks shipped.  

I was thinking the same thing nii, but I thought the bagginess of his jeans may be adding to the hourglass effect, basically pushing out the sides of the jacket. I think if he wore some slim jeans or dress pants it'd look less womanly.

Just looking at his shoulders and the amount of fabric in the lower waist, i'd almost go out on a limb and recommend sizing down ... but i know alteration work has been done, so that might be impossible to do now.

The chest does fit pretty well though, so maybe try work with your tailor to see if you can have the lower waist area (quarters) tightened up a little.

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Picked up some brown leather & suede chukka boots from Gilt. ON/BR 30% off starts tomo, good for a few inexpensive spring staples.T
Time to reup on the BR primafit stretch cotton undershirts.
pimp.gif
Interested to see if there is anything else worth a look.  Gap has a sale this weekend as well too, no?

I was actually impressed with some of Gilt's offerings today.  It's been getting the
tired.gif
from me lately.  Was wondering if it had anything to do with the NYT/Wall Street Journal/I forget which publisher? article a couple weeks ago.

I am also trying to get my easter fit together ( its my birthday too), what color pants and shoes would make this complete? the pictures are from the site niidawg suggested.

brown, black, navy, or gray pants? brown or black shoes? and if brown what shade of brown?

ctshirts
ctshirts

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Just looking at his shoulders and the amount of fabric in the lower waist, i'd almost go out on a limb and recommend sizing down ... but i know alteration work has been done, so that might be impossible to do now.

The chest does fit pretty well though, so maybe try work with your tailor to see if you can have the lower waist area (quarters) tightened up a little.
The blazer fits great in the shoulders and chest so the sizing is not the issue, but I do see the "hour glass effect" or "skirt look" that you guys are talking about. It is a French blazer, so I don't know if this flaring out is usual or just the effect of the tailoring. I have read about European-cut suits having a sharp, engineered shoulder line that tapers to a trim waist and forms a distinct  “V

Lately I've been sticking to the Stan Smith 80s, in a pair today actually. The off white sole does something to me...and the leather last a lot longer than the Stan Smith IIs pictured above. My Adidas rep sent them to me so they'll get rocked anyway.

I've just been getting a pair of the regular Stans Smiths every spring, I'll try to look for the 80s. Thanks Ty.

Back
Top Bottom