Dressing better

I wouldn't even call that nostalgic my dude. No flame, but please look that word up and rephrase. I'm no fashion expert, but I don't recall such flamboyance while wearing dress clothes as being something big in the past. Please, enlighten me if wrong.

You certainly have an eccentric taste, nothing I haven't seen before though. If it were me, I'd limit my accouterments to 2 per outfit.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

I wouldn't even call that nostalgic my dude. No flame, but please look that word up and rephrase. I'm no fashion expert, but I don't recall such flamboyance while wearing dress clothes as being something big in the past. Please, enlighten me if wrong.

You certainly have an eccentric taste, nothing I haven't seen before though. If it were me, I'd limit my accouterments to 2 per outfit.

No need to look up....thats your opinion. I appreciate the comment though.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Airmiasionretro - props, you definately pulled some of those off....I would never in a million years attempt to pull anything like that off, doesn't mean is not clean....keep doing your thing.

One question though....is that you in the avy?...night n day much?

I appreciate that man. Its about what you like. Don't be afraid to show your interest and passion for something. Don't matter what it is----criticism, ridicule, and everything else will always follow but never let it deter your passion in whatever you like especially in dressing/fashion. Its all art---- and art is about expression. 

And naw thats not me in the avy
laugh.gif
....my avy pic is a pic of a young man  in the 1930s or 1940s---he is wearing a boutonnierre on his lapel---which was a fashion staple for men during that time---the golden age of dressing IMO. 

Originally Posted by airmissionretro

whats new NT fam...

A few of my ensembles......Im a big fan of hats and accessories---I have a heavy interest in the classic and vintage look (i.e. fonzworth bentley, AD3000, 1920s-60s look)  
laugh.gif

81235077465a7f4c164b47f8a1cf07278bdfba3.pjpg

28825554d371f184495ad423e86520005b8a4e3.pjpg

Out in the ATL...at the Bloomingdales at Lenox

eb825be43373918d486a5bd92d9d04f0d7f621f.pjpg

70a357f74d2d7c801e454b83a8b9d84bf101b0a.pjpg

52d25f54b27e71154b0a73294c7a02919b8491f.pjpg

rockin' the Herbie Hancock glasses
laugh.gif

Whats good niidawg---hope you made it back home from your trip safely bro.

Yooo - whats good man. Nice to run into an NTer on MARTA.

Nice fits overall. You have a great sense of style and color. I think you will benefit from a little less accesorizing. For example:

1. Green pants fit: you nailed the colors. Kelly green goes well with a navy blazer, but i think the navy blazer could be better fitting in the shoulders and in length. You will notice the buttoning point is low. The lower button shd hit your waist line. I'd go with a smaller boutonniere, since you also have a p/s. i'll post a couple pics og p/s and boutonnieres to give you an idea of proportions. Also the glasses dont flatter you. A pair that fits better would be a gr8 accesory.

2. Sunday fit: Again nailed the colors. Conveyed a sense of personal style. I'd lose the p/s in the vest, and go with wingtips or brogued derbies instead of the driving loafers. I know the umbrella was a necessary accessory because of all the rain this weekend. The newsboy cap playing off the vest was a nice touch.

3 & 4. Fits 3 and 4 are great. The moustache isnt my thing, but i think style is a personal expression. The kelly green bowtie/pink gingham and yellow sweater go well together.

5. With fit 5, i'd lose the Herbie Hancocks and go for a deeper v neck under shirt. You want to avoid it showing. The ascot and p/s should be complementary in color, so with an orange ascot, i'd go with a darker blue or darker brown p/s. Also i'd show a little less p/s and tighten the ascot so it covers the neck area.

Again - all in all you have a GREAT sense of style and color, and a few tweaks to it will take you to the next level.

Here is a pic of how i feel the proportions of a boutonniere and a p/s should go together:

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Yooo - whats good man. Nice to run into an NTer on MARTA.

Nice fits overall. You have a great sense of style and color. I think you will benefit from a little less accesorizing. For example:

1. Green pants fit: you nailed the colors. Kelly green goes well with a navy blazer, but i think the navy blazer could be better fitting in the shoulders and in length. You will notice the buttoning point is low. The lower button shd hit your waist line. I'd go with a smaller boutonniere, since you also have a p/s. i'll post a couple pics og p/s and boutonnieres to give you an idea of proportions. Also the glasses dont flatter you. A pair that fits better would be a gr8 accesory. 

5. With fit 5, i'd lose the Herbie Hancocks and go for a deeper v neck under shirt. You want to avoid it showing. The ascot and p/s should be complementary in color, so with an orange ascot, i'd go with a darker blue or darker brown p/s. Also i'd show a little less p/s and tighten the ascot so it covers the neck area.

Again - all in all you have a GREAT sense of style and color, and a few tweaks to it will take you to the next level.

Here is a pic of how i feel the proportions of a boutonniere and a p/s should go together:

Ni, whats up man..Like always I appreciate your feedback. I definitely need to get better with proportion and fit but its so hhard finding good tailors in my area, especially ones that know what there doing and not just making a quick buck---so as a result, I've been picking up some readings from Alan Flusser and been studying books on dress and propper tailoring. Time will only make my look even better. :wink

Originally Posted by mallen702

Whats Up

Need a little help what would go good with these Sperrys
373002391.jpg

40% code i see 
nerd.gif
 haha
what's good fam?  just wear your non-selvedge Nudie's with these.  or khaki's/khaki shorts.  stay away from those Girbaud shirts hiding in your closet though.  did you robocop the Navy pair also?

Originally Posted by artysm

Whats Up

373002391.jpg

40% code i see 
nerd.gif
 haha
what's good fam?  just wear your non-selvedge Nudie's with these.  or khaki's/khaki shorts.  stay away from those Girbaud shirts hiding in your closet though.  did you robocop the Navy pair also?
Info on these....and 40% code 

So I have a sweater similar to this:
br744965-01vliv01.jpg

The sides and sleeves are too loose. Is it possible to get the sides and sleeves tighter? If so, what do i tell the tailor (not sure if this is the right terminology). Thanks! Just trying to have my clothes fit my frame
smile.gif

What up artysm, I got a new phone I lost ya number,
Man I wish I got 40, I aint there no more, but
I got 20 all day if u need that
I was cleaning my closet and forgot about them
I gave my cuzo the nudies, just RRL for now on

Originally Posted by Smedroc

some of these Maurizi shoes on gilt are making me wanna get my prorities all f'd up
smh.gif

med.jpg

med.jpg
i would have got both of them knowing damn well i have nothing to go with them
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Bhupy

Originally Posted by artysm

Whats Up

373002391.jpg

40% code i see 
nerd.gif
 haha
Info on these....and 40% code 

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Pure Dopeness. Info on 40% also
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by I Wear Sneakers

Originally Posted by beezylocks

how do clark dessert boots fit?
i wear a 10-10.5

i got a 10 in janowskis
and 9.5 in all my dress shoes

nerd.gif

think I'm finally going to order my 1st pair on Friday.
TTS for me and I have normal-wide feet.

any sale going on with DBs?

What are you guy' take on socks with boat shoes? If yes to socks then what type are best? I plan on picking up my first pair of sperrys tomorrow & i plan on rocking them casually with some khakis or nice slim jeans if it matters. Thanks for any insight.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

i wear a 10-10.5

i got a 10 in janowskis

nerd.gif

Definitely go a full size down, I wear a 10-10.5 and I had to get a 9 in these

Originally Posted by Wilroc

What are you guy' take on socks with boat shoes? If yes to socks then what type are best? I plan on picking up my first pair of sperrys tomorrow & i plan on rocking them casually with some khakis or nice slim jeans if it matters. Thanks for any insight.

I see a lot of younger guys wearing these with socks, especially the vans del barcos. I personally prefer to go sockless.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

i wear a 10-10.5

i got a 10 in janowskis

nerd.gif

Definitely go a full size down, I wear a 10-10.5 and I had to get a 9 in these
I had to size down half a size.

confused yet?

I would say half size to a full size down.

i wear a 10-10.5

i got a 10 in janowskis
I'm about the same as you.  10 in Jordans/10.5 in Air Maxs

I wear a 9.5 in dress shoes and bought a 9.5 pair of clarks last week.  While wearing dress socks, the 9.5 fit perfect, although I didn't try the sz9 as I don't think the 9 would have fit if I choose to wear normal cotton socks.

Back
Top Bottom