Dressing better

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Originally Posted by sloanboy

whats you guys take on Express mens suits?

I dunno about their suits, but I can't wear anything from Express. It fits funny, and quality is absolute ++$$.
do you know any other companies that sells suits with their kind of cuts?

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

whats you guys take on Express mens suits?

I dunno about their suits, but I can't wear anything from Express. It fits funny, and quality is absolute ++$$.
do you know any other companies that sells suits with their kind of cuts?
check H&M

I just got a pair of Clarks desert boots in from Banana Republic, $73 shipped. They're going right back- so uncomfortable. I'm hoping that I can get a desert boot from another brand that doesn't hurt my feet. Or maybe I'll just stick to Wallys- 10x more comfortable.

BTW, I wear 10.5 in most shoes and got the deserts in sz 10.

Where can i get suspenders?

Yes suspenders..

I'm gonna pull it off
glasses.gif

WOW. (catching up on previous pages)

on a side note, I usually wear ped socks (no show) when I wear boats, but I haven't wore boats in a minute. But I have nothing against socks and boats, there is no hard and fast rule. I just don't like all the "happy" socks, socks can have color but they have to have taste imo, it has become a trend to rock super colorful socks, and I imagine that there are people who can pull it off but it usually doesn't work for me. I feel like it is just trying too hard most of the time.

At a garden party over the weekend:

Jacket: Topshop
Shirt: RL Custom Fit
Jeans: Levis 511
Shoes: Timberland
Glasses: Rayban (Tortoise)

d51353ebee66e91087b869f15e19ecdcc073efc.jpg

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Its funny how the OP and his buddy have been keeping these shoes "a secret" People keep asking and none of them want to answer the question. I'm sure this thread would be long dead if that was the attitude of RFX and most of the others who post deals/codes etc.

Its a freaking shoe!!!

why so serious?  he asked what they would look good with and i answered. i even also answered that they released a few seasons ago, hence, not available anymore.  i even went ahead as stating the other color that was available.  the discount isn't available to the public b/c it's an employee/vendor discount, which is why i stated, "it's not available to the public."  since it's an employee/vendor discount, what is this self entitlement that you or anyone on this board deserves the discount also?  that's like me going up to any retail store employee and asking for a "hook up."  if i knew the original SKU number on Zappos, i would recommend to call them and have them help you track the shoe down b/c they will absolutely do that for you.  or maybe mallen could help out with the SKU.
if you can point out exactly where in my original statement i was keeping ANYTHING about this shoe a secret, please do so, in bold preferably.  otherwise, brush the arrogance off of your outfits b/c it's starting to look tacky.

for everyone else who really want this shoe, do some foot work, i'm sure you'll find some retailer who might still have these or maybe a nordy rack.  b/c like i said, it was a past season release and is probably gone.  here's a link from Highsnobiety throwing up a feature on this shoe after a quick google search

http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/2009/07/31/sperry-topsider-fall-2009-wool-sneakers/#more-55514

http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/2009/07/31/sperry-topsider-fall-2009-wool-sneakers/#more-55514and it's also coming out again this Fall in an Authentic silhouette and a different color

http://hypebeast.com/2010/02/sperry-2010-fallwinter-footwear-preview/

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

[rick james]%*$% yo gif usage #$+%# [ick james]

i'm sure this is one of many captain save-a replies i will receive.  thanks for the contribution.
anyone in So-Cal interested in Dior, Missoni, Versace, RL or Giorgio Armani ties for around $40-$50, the Marshalls in Pasadena off of Foothill has a good assortment.  also saw a RL Purple Label sport coat for around $400, fully customizable waiting for a tailor.  

@**%. whatsup with all these plebs ruining the thread with wack insults and lame jokes? this thread was 700+ strong of nearly all good content until you fools showed up. try to contribute or don't bother posting, you're ruining a good thing.

Originally Posted by GQ smooth 4

At a garden party over the weekend:

Jacket: Topshop
Shirt: RL Custom Fit
Jeans: Levis 511
Shoes: Timberland
Glasses: Rayban (Tortoise)

d51353ebee66e91087b869f15e19ecdcc073efc.jpg
Some advice.  Lose the jacket, it isn't working for you and doesn't look good with anything you have on.  Also not feeling the dark brown on the shoes.  I think a lighter brown suede would look good and give that outfit a nice pop of color, it is needed since you are wearing a bright yellow shirt.  Just to point out what I think is the biggest problem is that none of these colors that you have on are working together, everything is just clashing and looking pretty bad.  The tortoise frames are lighter than the brown on your shoes and belt, the pants look navy and the jacket looks black(plus it just doesn't fit) and you have on a bright yellow shirt.  There is nothing there that is pulling these colors together.

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Originally Posted by I3

what kind of shoes is Kobe wearing here?

kobe-gq-3.gif
Ralph Lauren Black Label Wool suit - $2,150;Ralph Lauren Black Label shirt - $325; and Ralph Lauren Black Label tie- $135. Gucci Shoes - $595. Polo Ralph Lauren Hosiery Socks. J.PressPocket square. Nubeo Watch. Ring by Rafinity. Fedora by Borsalino at JJHat center.

Cool.

Could anybody help out with a similar model like less than half the price? Wingtips? Oxfords? - im basically after an everyday work shoe, i HATE square toes and hate extremely pointy toes.

Airblaster I know you think you're being helpful but you don't really know what you're on about.
I'd have to agree.

GQ are you tall??? going by the table you about 8ft
laugh.gif
....I think them short blazers tend to work better on short ++@+ dudes. i'd personally rock a regular length jacket cause it looks more proportional.

Airblaster I know you think you're being helpful but you don't really know what you're on about.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

No need to cop an attitude man. His feedback was pretty spot on.

The hell is going on in this thread? 
Anyways, GQs best summer suit under $400 (although there are some suits int he end that were $450-$500).

xavier-samuel01.jpg

Lighten Your Load
A papery thin, lightweight khaki suit. Crop the pants short and ditch the socks for an even more summery vibe.

Suit, $395, by Tallia Orange. Shirt, $180, and pocket square by Thomas Pink. Tie, $20, by Topman. Loafers, $495, by Gucci. Sunglasses by Selima Optique.

xavier-samuel02.jpg

Separate Yourself
Sold as separates, this jacket-and-pants combo accommodates guys of all shapes, sizes, and girths.

Suit jacket, $175, and pants, $88, by A|X Armani Exchange. Shirt, $30, by Uniqlo. Tie, $60, by J.Crew. Watch strap by Smart Turnout. Watch by Timex. Portfolio by Valextra.

xavier-samuel03.jpg

Work That Tan
Slim lapels, sharp shoulders—a classic khaki suit for the young man who understands that appearance matters.

Suit, $366, by J.Crew. Shirt, $60, by Tommy Hilfiger. Tie, $60, by J.Crew. Tie Bar by The Tie Bar. Pocket square by Dion Collections. Watch by Longines.

xavier-samuel04.jpg

Black to the Max
Made from a stiffer grade of cotton, this is the kind of suit you can wear yearround and deep into the night.

Suit, $245, by Perry Ellis. Shirt, $135, by Jack Spade. Tie, $20, by Topman. Loafers, $125, by G.H. Bass & Co. Pocket square by Paul Stuart. Watch by Emporio Armani. Portfolio by Calvin Klein Collection.

xavier-samuel05.jpg

Cotton Means Business
The most conservative and business-minded of the suits on these pages. Clear proof that cotton works at work.

Suit, $296, by Calvin Klein. Shirt, $59, by Club Monaco. Tie, $98, by Theory. Pocket square by Lands' End Canvas. Watch by Burberry. Briefcase by Coach.

xavier-samuel06.jpg

Whip It Good
A whipcord suit, which is ridged like corduroy, suggests seersucker without going all southern gentleman.

Suit, $89, by Uniqlo. Shirt, $125, by Gant Rugger. Tie, $60, by J.Crew. Shoes, $395, Florsheim by Duckie Brown. Sunglasses by Ray-Ban. Bandanna (as pocket square) from Kaufman's Army & Navy.

summer-suit-uniqlo.jpg

Uniqlo
Suit, $89. Shirt, $125, by Gant Rugger. Tie, $60, by J.Crew. Bandanna (as pocket square) from Kaufman's Army & Navy.

summer-suit-tallia-orange.jpg

Tallia Orange
Suit, $395. Shirt, $295, by Ralph Lauren Black Label. Tie, $20, by Topman. Pocket square by Lands' End Canvas.

summer-suit-perry-ellis.jpg

Perry Ellis
Suit, $245. Shirt, $135, by Jack Spade. Tie, $20, by Topman. Pocket square by Paul Stuart.

summer-suit-jcrew.jpg

J.Crew
Suit, $366. Shirt, $170, by Shipley & Halmos. Tie, $60, by J.Crew. Tie Bar by The Tie Bar. Pocket square by Dion Collections.

summer-suit-calvin-klein.jpg

Calvin Klein
Suit, $296. Shirt, $59, by Club Monaco. Tie, $98, by Theory.

summer-suit-armani-exchange.jpg

A|X Armani Exchange
Suit, $263. Shirt, $30, by Uniqlo. Tie, $60, by J.Crew.

summer-suit-dkny.jpg

DKNY
Suit, $258. Shirt, $89, by Club Monaco. Tie, $140, by Alexander Olch.

summer-suit-seersucker.jpg

Nautica
Suit, $450. Shirt, $98, by J.Crew. Tie, $58, by Tommy Hilfiger. Pocket square by Engineered Garments.

summer-suit-uniqlo2.jpg

Tommy Hilfiger
Suit, $495. Shirt, $80, by Brooks Brothers. Tie, $150, Black Fleece by Brooks Brothers. Pocket square by Jack Spade.

summer-suit-inc.jpg

INC International Concept
Suit, $110. Shirt, $50, by Topman. Tie, $50, by Ben Sherman. Pocket square by Thomas Pink.

No show socks can be found in other stores like Payless or Nordstrom.

And where is your avy from? I think I've seen it before but I can't quite remember from where.

Back
Top Bottom