Dressing better

Originally Posted by Mikeisoriginal

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

men seriously whats this thread about it seem the guy jus asked a simple question all of the sudden it seems like PYP best outfits some1 explain please thanks
no disrespect, I cannot understand what you wrote.  It is 2 questions and 2 sentences in one run-on.
what i meant was whats the thread about the @$#% got confused the op asked 1 question and now the thread looks like pyp best outfits
real talk bro. add some periods and comas when you reply.
but i think i understood your question.  most people post fits to get feedback. tips, hints, recommendations.

clearly the OP wanted tips on dressing better and all these replys and post and outfits are helpful ways for EVERYONE

we're here to help each other out. Why are you so tight man? what exactly are you expecting from this thread...

Originally Posted by Truballa101

men seriously whats this thread about it seem the guy jus asked a simple question all of the sudden it seems like PYP best outfits some1 explain please thanks
no disrespect, I cannot understand what you wrote.  It is 2 questions and 2 sentences in one run-on.
what i meant was whats the thread about the @$#% got confused the op asked 1 question and now the thread looks like pyp best outfits
but i think i understood your question.  most people post fits to get feedback. tips, hints, recommendations.

clearly the OP wanted tips on dressing better and all these replys and post and outfits are helpful ways for EVERYONE

we're here to help each other out. Why are you so tight man? what exactly are you expecting from this thread...

nothing really the thread got me a lil interested i mean come on now pg 900+ o.d. i think the op have gotten hes helpful tips already

OP's question was answered within the first 2 pages.

it basically got hijacked....with good intentions of course.

Originally Posted by Truballa101

nothing really the thread got me a lil interested i mean come on now pg 900+ o.d. i think the op have gotten hes helpful tips already
dee-dee-dee-lg.gif

RFX, Nii, etc..

When you wear knit ties with the squared off bottom, where should the tip of the tie hit? At the belt buckle, or higher?

Thread has definitely evolved but it still holds true to the OP's question. There isn't as much fit pics really, and about a handful posts pics consistently so it's not really accurate to say it is a PYP thread.

Anyways, fall/winter is fast approaching and to those looking for a nice leather jacket, Black Scissors seems like a good option.
http://clothing.shop.ebay....c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=1
They seem to imitate and copy design from other designers like Dior, Rick Owens, etc... but they do use real leather and I have heard good things about them from other forums.
They probably isn't as good in terms of quality as ToJ but for about $250 shipped for a well fitting leather jacket, it's really hard to complain.
I figure posting an affordable option can't hurt anyone. Some pics of some of their jackets.

302863344_o.jpg

302879919_o.jpg

268948512_o.jpg
214012101_o.jpg

258863936_o.jpg

216601269_o.jpg

268948020_o.jpg
268948029_o.jpg
268948044_o.jpg

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

RFX, Nii, etc..

When you wear knit ties with the squared off bottom, where should the tip of the tie hit? At the belt buckle, or higher?
I always try to hit by the top of the belt or just within that range, I try not to make it past the belt but sometimes, I make it shorter than that if the back part doesn't stick past the one in the front.

So I bought a black dress shirt that I really like. I'm generally in agreement with the "black dress shirt = waiter" logic, but this one is sick and I'm gonna try to wear it at least once. I was thinking of ways to break it out of the waiter look, and thought it might look good with some khakis, brown belt and shoes, and a grey knit tie.

Thoughts? I'm open to other suggestions in terms of way to rock the shirt or colors for the tie.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

So I bought a black dress shirt that I really like. I'm generally in agreement with the "black dress shirt = waiter" logic, but this one is sick and I'm gonna try to wear it at least once. I was thinking of ways to break it out of the waiter look, and thought it might look good with some khakis, brown belt and shoes, and a grey knit tie.

Thoughts? I'm open to other suggestions in terms of way to rock the shirt or colors for the tie.

i think the khaki shirt and grey knit tie will clash with the black shirt. i'd go with either one of these options:
1. white suit with the black blazer and grey knit tie
2. white blazer, grey pants and the black shirt (with or without the tie)  ...
3 white pants, black blazer and the black shirt.
4. all-black-everything

also, its pretty important to make the fit of everything is spot on. all in all, this is the problem with black - there are so few things you can do with it without looking terrible. i'm pretty interested in how it will look.

i can't wait for you guys to be able to check out Zara (the online store)
i don't think there are many of them around...

There is one in Northern New Jersey and they have a quality selection. It's pricier than H&M but cheaper than J. Crew.

legit items out there...

Any opinions on Unbranded denim from UO? Wondering how the fit of their skinny line compares to the 511's and if anyone owns a pair of the tapered line. How is the quality over time? Is there much stretching? A family member works at Anthropologie so even if they are so-so it may be worth it with the discount. Thanks!

looking for something similar to this boot offered by Timberland Boot Co. for the fall/winter...any similar brands (webstore, brick & mortar store, etc.) that anyone would recommend?...can't see myself pulling the trigger to pay $275 for these...thanks!

Back
Top Bottom