Dressing better

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

if I had to pick someone to emulate in terms of fashion it would def be Matteo Marzotto i love his style

You damn right. Marzotto CAN dress!!

Originally Posted by RedMan

I'm looking into buying myself for a lack of better term "grown man" watch but I do not know what to look for. My budget is 3K >. I was looking at Brightling and Rolex but I really don't know what to get. May anyone point me in the right direction of a good solid "grown man" watch.

with that amount of money i'd suggest you spend some time here: http://www.timezone.com/ learn as much as you can before making a choice. 3k is a lot so you want to get the best bang for your buck. i am not a watch buff, but if i wear to provide an uneducated recommendation i'd say an Omega ... i own one and love it. 
rfx - who posts regularly here has a nice selection on time pieces, so you could PM him too - or he'll probably respond eventually to this thread. there's been a fair bit of childishness going on lately, so he may have taken leave for a while. 

good luck. 

Where can I find the new Clark Weavers? I saw them posted a few pages back and was listed to be on davidz, but haven't seen them on there yet.

Polos need to be folded, they tend to stretch and pull unless your hangers has one of those non-slip material.

I'm looking into buying myself for a lack of better term "grown man" watch but I do not know what to look for. My budget is 3K >. I was looking at Brightling and Rolex but I really don't know what to get. May anyone point me in the right direction of a good solid "grown man" watch.

It will depend on what style you want/prefer. Your question is too broad and budget is big enough that I can easily give you a list of 50 watches or more in that price range. First, narrow it down what you need it for. Work/business, casual, travel, formal, etc... Then the style, pilot, diver, racing, dressy, etc... And then whether you want leather bands, rubber bands or bracelets. Then figure out your size, I say the safe bet is to go with a mdeium sized watch, 38mm-41mm but some prefer huge watches while others prefer smaller watches. 
If you are looking at both Breitling and Rolex, with Rolex, it owuld be dificult to get a brand new one for $3k or less. Discoutns on Rolexes are difficult to get, you'd be lucky to get offered 10% off the get go and even then that is only covering tax. You'd have to go the used route and even then it'll be difficult to find a good selection for the price range. Check out and search Explorer II at Timezone.com's Buy/Sell forum, those tend to go for around that price and is a very solid piece. Breitlings are a bit more out there, they tend to be blingy and very noticeable on the wrist. A few can be had for that price range brand new and after a discount.Breitling tends to look pretty similar in style, aviator. It can be dressed up and down but I particularly find it more casual than anything. 

Also got myself a leather jacket that I feel like I have been searching for in years.
2iw8tqw.jpg

Black leather jacket down, and brown leather jacket to go and I'm set.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

My friends work at BR, she better hook it up 
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

I was thinking about this messenger bag, opinions?

br770595-00p01v01.jpg
This messenger bag looks nice. Who makes this? Ive been on the hunt for a nice messenger with decent quality but im not ready to drop more than $200 on a bag right now. If anybody has any suggestions on some nice messengers in that price range let me know!

Thanks. Yeah the sleeves are supposed to be long, it's the designers aesthetic. The collar and zipper style along with the long sleeves gives it a unique look w/o making it too out there that it will go out of style.

Originally Posted by Wilroc

Originally Posted by Luong1209

My friends work at BR, she better hook it up 
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

I was thinking about this messenger bag, opinions?
This messenger bag looks nice. Who makes this? Ive been on the hunt for a nice messenger with decent quality but im not ready to drop more than $200 on a bag right now. If anybody has any suggestions on some nice messengers in that price range let me know!
I would suggest Jack Spade. This particular one isn't leather but the nylon is very tough. I had one and that thing is one tough son of a ....
http://www.jackspade.com/shop/product.php?productid=19974&cat=254&sku=NYRU0049_001

http://www.jackspade.com/shop/product.php?productid=19974&cat=254&sku=NYRU0049_001http://www.jackspade.com/shop/product.php?productid=20355&cat=254&page=1

...I saw a commercial for the movie "Wall Street 2" on tv today,
Seemed like they were styled well so I searched for some pics.

2h5n1hz.jpg

30ky9g5.jpg

312xv95.jpg

xee5b8.jpg

233ew3.jpg

Now I'm not sure if everything fits how it's supposed to...
Feel free to point it out if they dont, I just think the fits look nice....

Did some damage on the last day of the Barney's sale today.  Theory blazer, Armani tie, Polo Black tie, Zegna shirt and Armani pants.

img1769p.jpg

I'm considering Palladiums as well. Will look further once the weather starts to turn grim.

Originally Posted by rhester

...I saw a commercial for the movie "Wall Street 2" on tv today,
Seemed like they were styled well so I searched for some pics.

Now I'm not sure if everything fits how it's supposed to...
Feel free to point it out if they dont, I just think the fits look nice....

Looking forward to WS2. One of the main reasons the first one was so great was Gordon Gekko's wardrobe. I am expecting big things this time around too ... but more so from Shia ... and not Gekko. 

Originally Posted by RFX45

It will depend on what style you want/prefer. Your question is too broad and budget is big enough that I can easily give you a list of 50 watches or more in that price range. First, narrow it down what you need it for. Work/business, casual, travel, formal, etc... Then the style, pilot, diver, racing, dressy, etc... And then whether you want leather bands, rubber bands or bracelets. Then figure out your size, I say the safe bet is to go with a mdeium sized watch, 38mm-41mm but some prefer huge watches while others prefer smaller watches. 
If you are looking at both Breitling and Rolex, with Rolex, it owuld be dificult to get a brand new one for $3k or less. Discoutns on Rolexes are difficult to get, you'd be lucky to get offered 10% off the get go and even then that is only covering tax. You'd have to go the used route and even then it'll be difficult to find a good selection for the price range. Check out and search Explorer II at Timezone.com's Buy/Sell forum, those tend to go for around that price and is a very solid piece. Breitlings are a bit more out there, they tend to be blingy and very noticeable on the wrist. A few can be had for that price range brand new and after a discount.Breitling tends to look pretty similar in style, aviator. It can be dressed up and down but I particularly find it more casual than anything. 

Thanks for the help, I would say the watch for be for casual everyday use. I guess my biggest concern is I don't want to buy a watch like Jojo (even though I would never buy a Jojo watch) and have my watch lose its value.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Thanks for the help, I would say the watch for be for casual everyday use. I guess my biggest concern is I don't want to buy a watch like Jojo (even though I would never buy a Jojo watch) and have my watch lose its value.

Back
Top Bottom