Dressing better

Originally Posted by niidawg3

On my way to go direct traffic ...

A very dark color paisley cashmere necktie would have pulled this entire outfit together much better.

@DaJoka004- I see what you are going for with the pastels, but you need an element to build on that pulls all of your colors together

no1 dresses better than me!
  Please share.

Originally Posted by dukeben18

Comments on fit? Sorry for bad lighting.

I want to shorten the sleeves just a tiny bit but am open to other comments/criticisms
7a625dce0534367158b27947ad00daa4bdaf7d4.jpg

if you could get a shot more at mid-level, it would help a lot more. i agree on the sleeves. check with the shirts that you will typically wear with this and shorten the sleeves so you are showing about a half inch of cuff. the shoulders look soft and seem to be hugging your natural shoulder well - which is good, but its hard to tell from this angle. all in all, a pretty well fitting suit that will be a great summer/spring number. i take it its linen.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

On my way to go direct traffic ... 

A very dark color paisley cashmere necktie would have pulled this entire outfit together much better.  
Thanks for the suggestion man. This is a difficult jacket to pull off. I wear it maybe only once or twice a season. Next time i'll try it with paisley and see how that goes. Appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Fade On You

I'd kill to have as many nice fitting suits as Nii.

thx man - it took a while ... but like i said in the earlier discussions, invest in majority of stuff that will be timeless both in fit and style, so that they remain in your wardrobe forever. I've been building my "dressing better" wardrobe for about 10 years and i have stuff i bought then that i can wear today and not look dated. Obviously i followed a few fads too - which is why i cant figure out what to do with all my timbs and coogi sweaters ... lol. 

I want to shorten the sleeves just a tiny bit but am open to other comments/criticisms
7a625dce0534367158b27947ad00daa4bdaf7d4.jpg

if you could get a shot more at mid-level, it would help a lot more. i agree on the sleeves. check with the shirts that you will typically wear with this and shorten the sleeves so you are showing about a half inch of cuff. the shoulders look soft and seem to be hugging your natural shoulder well - which is good, but its hard to tell from this angle. all in all, a pretty well fitting suit that will be a great summer/spring number. i take it its linen.

Nii--thanks for the comments. Yes, it's linen. I work in Miami and it is so hot year round so I thought I could get some real use out of linen.

I will try to take a better pic at mid-level. Now that I look at the pictures, I'm starting to think shortening the sleeves would make the sleeves too short and maybe my dress shirt just isn't long enough. It's funny, you think you know how something fits and when you see yourself in the picture, you see it an entirely different way. Kind of therapeutic?

FYI: Banana Republic is has a 15% 25% 50% coupon available. When you go to the register they tell you to pick a card and once you open the envelope the coupon is for a percentage off your entire purchase. I pulled 25%. The guy in front of me scored a 50% off coupon. Stop buy, it runs from Sept 4-6.

Nii--thanks for the comments. Yes, it's linen. I work in Miami and it is so hot year round so I thought I could get some real use out of linen.

I will try to take a better pic at mid-level. Now that I look at the pictures, I'm starting to think shortening the sleeves would make the sleeves too short and maybe my dress shirt just isn't long enough. It's funny, you think you know how something fits and when you see yourself in the picture, you see it an entirely different way. Kind of therapeutic?

Oh yeah - in Miami you can rock that for a good 10 months ... lol. Thats the biggest reason why i take pics - i typically see things i'd otherwise would have missed. Also getting feedback on how ugly i look from pre-teeners on NT is great ...
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

This thread is hilarious. Dudes got on colors that don't even come in a 128 crayon box and got the nerve to be steady "correcting" other people.

I want a good leather jacket. Im slim and prefer a slimmer fit. Any suggestions? In nyc btw if anyone has stores in mind.

Unfortunately I'm obligated to attend a wedding for one of my employees on 9/18. I don't want to wear a suit... what would you guys recommend as an alternative?

They (coworkers) see me everyday in a shirt and tie, so I thought I would switch it up a bit but if it's not a suit then what else?

Unfortunately I'm obligated to attend a wedding for one of my employees on 9/18. I don't want to wear a suit... what would you guys recommend as an alternative?

They (coworkers) see me everyday in a shirt and tie, so I thought I would switch it up a bit but if it's not a suit then what else?

Originally Posted by JStunn197

Is the wedding indoor or outdoors? I would still do a suit, but without the tie. If you are in a place where the weather may get cool you can do a shirt under a v-neck sweater. It also depends on the wedding time. Night weddings are a little more formal to me.

Originally Posted by DAngeloJaxson

This thread is hilarious. Dudes got on colors that don't even come in a 128 crayon box and got the nerve to be steady "correcting" other people.

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

I am not sure if anyone has seen this but the quality of the Clarks desert boots you get at different retailers makes a huge difference in the price. DSW here in Atlanta has a pair for 69 whereas everywhere else they are 95. Check out the differences

http://bananarepublic.gap...39003&scid=739003002

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/c...32&productRef=SEARCH

i think they are cheaper because alot of people in atlanta dont wear clarks from what ive seen.. im about to go to SCAD for school  so im back and forth and ive never seen anyone in atlanta wear them.. but just my opinion. 

Back
Top Bottom