Dressing better

Originally Posted by Murray497

Originally Posted by generaiya

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Kramer

Can someone please explain the $400 difference between CP's and Vans? I'll never understand this
Style: CP's has a very simple, clean and versatile design. They are also low profile, less bulky than Vans.
Quality: CP's are made in Italy that uses good quality leather (some w/ extra treatment like washed or distressed-vintage).
Craftmanship: CP's sole are actually stitched to the uppers iirc whil Vans are glued and made in China. Overall, they're very well made.
Look: CP's just look better. 
Generaiya thinks a pair of all white Common Project Achilles Low will be the only pair of white sneakers one will ever need in their wardrobe. Dress it up, dress it down. Incredibly versatile sneaker
smokin.gif

COMM-MZ89_V1.jpg
so impossible to find though. looked up and down new york city for these.
Murray, REVOLVEclothing carries them. Generaiya hopes you are a 9.5, 11, or 11.5

Originally Posted by GuerillaUnit

Originally Posted by Truballa72189

At first I bought a few Burberry polo shirts, because I want to dress nice, but not just fit in with everybody else.
thats exactly what I did. I jus started throwing the shirts into rotation once in a while.
black boy swag. white boy tags
young-dro-yung-la-blackboywhiteboy.jpg
Funny how things flipped. Back then, majority of white boys was wearing the urban-wear...

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

@RFX45-the sleeves and button points are the only qualms
I'm not sure what you mean? 
The shirt sleeve is too long?

I think the jacket button is just right. 

Originally Posted by ballinamillion1

lol someone get rfx an hd camera
I admit I suck at taking pics, especially since I'm using a timer and horrible lighting. 
I do have a G10 but it's just too bulky to haul around so I'm using some cheap Panasonic for most of my "self-portraits".

I can just take a quick pic and throw it in the backseat of my car and forget about it. 
laugh.gif

I can't do that with the G10. I have been considering getting the S95 as a replacement for my crappy portable. 

roll.gif

Dude there is nothing wring with your picture or fit for that matter...I can't see any other color pants going better with the jacket and kicks.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

While on topic, can anyone shed some light on sock etiquette, if there is such thing?...and what are some good places to cop some nice funky ones?...JCREW's selection is very limited...

Have you tried Uniqlo socks? they are 4 for $12.50 and they come in over 30 colors
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DEMIZE

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

Originally Posted by Ratboy90

got a grandad shirt for christmas similar to this H&M one but have no idea how to wear it. Any tips?
DXLA01_91182_10103_26_6864.jpg
What? It's just a henley. You can layer it under a workshirt or just wear it alone.
Word.

You could wear a henley with anything really. Under a jacket, by itself, etc...
haha not a grandad shirt, just layer it and itll be
pimp.gif
what brand is this

Originally Posted by got shoes

got a grandad shirt for christmas similar to this H&M one but have no idea how to wear it. Any tips?
What? It's just a henley. You can layer it under a workshirt or just wear it alone.
Word.

pimp.gif
what brand is this

Originally Posted by got shoes

Word.

pimp.gif
what brand is this

haha alright. sorry about the grandad thing. that's what they call em here in the UK. the one in the picture is H&M if you meant that one by what brand

I admit I suck at taking pics, especially since I'm using a timer and horrible lighting. 
I do have a G10 but it's just too bulky to haul around so I'm using some cheap Panasonic for most of my "self-portraits".

I can just take a quick pic and throw it in the backseat of my car and forget about it. 
laugh.gif

I can't do that with the G10. I have been considering getting the S95 as a replacement for my crappy portable. 
lol nothing wrong with the camera, I was just playing, I'm sure your camera would put the camera on my smartphone to shame anyways....

laugh.gif

lol nothing wrong with the camera, I was just playing, I'm sure your camera would put the camera on my smartphone to shame anyways....
laugh.gif
 Nah, even my iphone4's camera puts my portable to shame. If I can find a way to prop the iphone up to take pics, I would use that instead.

Originally Posted by Mr Oizo

vanishing elephant shoes are up on gilt... just a heads up. very good styles and deals. 3 pairs for 300.

These make for great springtime beaters:

med.jpg
eek.gif
eek.gif
 What brand are these?

Vanishing Elephant. On sale on Gilt today. See the last page.

RFX, hope you take this feedback in good faith ...

The pants is fine and so are the shoes. The problem is not with your pictures either. The problem with the fit is with the jacket. The two flaws are the buttoning point (fatal) and the shoulders (fixable, but pricey):

1. You are a pretty well built guy particularly in the shoulders. So structured shouldered jackets will accentuate your build. The downside of that is, when a suit is structured, it needs to be fairly lengthy to balance the broadness of the shoulders. Unfortunately your jacket is too short and therefore creates a box like effect. That effect is reduced on jackets with softer shoulders. Brunello Cucinelli typically makes shorter coats, however because of the softer/sloped shoulders it balances the proportions a bit better.

2. The second issue is with the buttoning point. It is too high, thereby creating the gap between the lower button/quarters of the jacket and the pants. Your lower button should typically hit your waist. Plus or minus an inch is typically okay, but with your jacket, you have about 2-3 inches between the lower button and the waist of your pants. I know a few nouveau designers are coming out with the higher buttoning points (more fashion forward) but it rarely looks good, especially with structured shoulders.

A jacket with softer shoulders and a lower buttoning point will significantly lift this fit up.  

vanishing elephant shoes are up on gilt... just a heads up. very good styles and deals. 3 pairs for 300.

Generaiya appreciates the heads up. Forgot to check today.

med.jpg

I'm really thinking about pulling the trigger on these. Does anyone already have them and have an opinion?

Originally Posted by niidawg3

RFX, hope you take this feedback in good faith ...

The pants is fine and so are the shoes. The problem is not with your pictures either. The problem with the fit is with the jacket. The two flaws are the buttoning point (fatal) and the shoulders (fixable, but pricey):

1. You are a pretty well built guy particularly in the shoulders. So structured shouldered jackets will accentuate your build. The downside of that is, when a suit is structured, it needs to be fairly lengthy to balance the broadness of the shoulders. Unfortunately your jacket is too short and therefore creates a box like effect. That effect is reduced on jackets with softer shoulders. Brunello Cucinelli typically makes shorter coats, however because of the softer/sloped shoulders it balances the proportions a bit better.

2. The second issue is with the buttoning point. It is too high, thereby creating the gap between the lower button/quarters of the jacket and the pants. Your lower button should typically hit your waist. Plus or minus an inch is typically okay, but with your jacket, you have about 2-3 inches between the lower button and the waist of your pants. I know a few nouveau designers are coming out with the higher buttoning points (more fashion forward) but it rarely looks good, especially with structured shoulders.

A jacket with softer shoulders and a lower buttoning point will significantly lift this fit up.  

I'm open to suggestions and criticisms so before it snowballs to "don't take offens ejust because someone said something" discussion, I am not taking any offense.

With that said...
I think the pic angle might have something to do with the pic, the camera is placed about the height or my head and tilts down a bit but I could be wrong.
It just looks like my legs looks so short in that pic I posted.

Here's an old pic of the same jacket (w/ the same pants
laugh.gif
 ) and I think it' s fine. 

1038odz.jpg

Generaiya appreciates the heads up. Forgot to check today.

med.jpg

I'm really thinking about pulling the trigger on these. Does anyone already have them and have an opinion?

Back
Top Bottom