Dressing your age?

NT fam....I am almost 30 years old.  I wear a uniform to work, so I don't have to worry bout what I am wearing to work everyday.

But on my days/nights off I keep it simple.  Plain colored tee or a polo with jeans/shorts and a fresh pair of kicks.

I do not even own a suit or a blazer or anything like that.

What's the general consensus?  Doing it or nah?

wear whatever youre comfortable in

i wear plain colored t or v neck and vans most days. only time i'll wear a dress shirt/collared shirt is holidays or nice events with my family

word...sometimes im just like damn i feel like ive been dressing the same way forever lol...but it's what i like lol

Having a suit and a dress shirt wouldn't hurt, just for situations where you might need them.

But other than that dress however you want. The concept of dressing one's age is ridiculous.

Unless taken to extremes. I ain't tryna see anyone over the age of 9 wearing velcro spider-man shoes.

The concept of dressing one's age is ridiculous.

i guess im in the minority here. I think at a certain age you should probably move on from certain types of clothes that are geared more for the younger folks. When I was younger I wore a lot more streetwear brand graphic t's and stuff like that but not anymore. I think it looks a tad foolish seeing a guy in his 30's-40's wearing a young and reckless t shirt or something like that.

out of convenience (laziness) i keep it pretty simple these days.

M-Th - business casual
F-Sun - plain color v-neck + shorts/jeans

Damn that. They gon bury me in a black tee, 514s, and nikes.

Im 26 and only keep 2 suits on deck: a black funeral jumpoff, a navy businesses suit.

Growing up in the church had my suit game on Steve Harvey but now i never wear suits.

im young so i can wear whatever i want and its ok. Doesnt mean i should.
lol i damn near the same thing daily black hoodie + levis + what ever shoes i feel like that day. W/ a hat or beanie.

Last edited:
Your old enough to wear whatever you want

Get a suit for special occasions if need be. Other than that...do what you see fit.

Last edited:
It's good to have a suit just in case the occasion calls for it. I was at a funeral recently and dudes were there in Foams and hoodies, it was not a good look. Besides that, though, wear what you want.

You ain't got no fur though?
Yo flyNY, can you put this dude on?

:lol:

OP you 30 and don't got no furs? Step it up, pa. By 30 you should have at least 1 mink and 1 fox in ya closet. I'm in my mid 20s so I'm still working on my first one. But you gotta treat ya self. **** all that dressing for the weather ****. Dress for these *******, B. At the end of the day, the ******* will keep you warm. Plain colored Ts? That's cool of you doing a bodega run to go buy a Dutch but that's about it. Take 3 months pay and ball out. They say you should spend 3 months pay on a wedding ring, but I say you should spend that on ya self first just to see what it feels like.

Get a fur, get some balmain sweatsuits, and get whatever you see Fabolous wear. Summer time is coming and you gotta make people envious of you

34 and I got clothes for all occasions. Business one day, sporting a throwback jersey with some jeans and sneakers the next day. Always nice to have a different repertoire of clothes.

Almost 25 and I wear tie dyes, graphic tees, simple colored button ups, plain black tees, chinos and skate shoes. **** society's standards.

Last edited:
I say by the age of 30 you should have at least 2 suits and a few different dress shirts and ties. Other than that, wear what you want...

I dress casual as hell. Hate wearing formal clothing.

Levis, vans, T shirt and a hat or my hair combed over to the back.

Or a button up work shirt with pants and vans. I'm not into the same stuff people my age are.

Back
Top Bottom