Drunk, racist guy gets KO'd in Manhattan...now in serious condition.

Drunk man knocked out after racist rant in West Village, rushed to hospital in serious condition

photo%5B1%5D072613--525x350.JPG

A drunken man was punched out and sent to a hospital in serious condition last night after he yelled racial epithets at a couple quietly eating at a West Village burrito shop , cops and witnesses said.

The violence went down at about 5:50 p.m. outside the Benny’s Burrito on the Greenwich Avenue and Jane Street.

A black couple was sitting outside the Mexican joint when an intoxicated white man stumbled into their table.

Douglas Reddish, 25, who was eating with his girlfriend, tried to help him regain his balance, cops said, and the wait staff came over to shoo the table crasher away.

Rest of Article in Link

I really don't feel bad for the dude who got KO'd, but I do have a question concerning the guy who threw the punch....could he get a considerable amount of jail time for this even though he was clearly provoked? Any of the NT law experts on here, please chime in!

Rest of Article in Link

I really don't feel bad for the dude who got KO'd, but I do have a question concerning the guy who threw the punch....could he get a considerable amount of jail time for this even though he was clearly provoked? Any of the NT law experts on here, please chime in!

No jail time.

Easier to walk away and shows restraint. He's going to do some time. You can't leave everyone who calls you a name/slur for dead in the middle of the street.

Last edited:
Knocked fool out and dipped and left his girlfriend there :lol:

Last edited:
dude that hit him will do some time sadly for simple assault.

No jail time.
You must be bugging ....

Jail time all day if the guy dies!

If he doesn't then some type of plea bargain

Provoked or not - If that guy did not lay a hand on you, then you should not put hands on him. I know this might sound hard to do, but if you are a strong minded individual, it is simple.

People that retaliate with violence when its obviously not needed are weak minded people!

no jail time, fighting words doctrine still works today, just narrowed down to face-face confrontations, which is what it sounds like "yelled racial epithets at a couple quietly eating"

People dont seem to understand that unless someone puts hands on you or attempt to put hands on you, you will never be in the right for knocking someone out cause they called you names. Even if they are a racist *******. If the guy dies now the dude who knocked him out will probably be charged for involuntary manslaughter. :smh: Hopefully the racist survives and the attacker just pays a fine and/or does some community service and both parties move on.

Its not fair in my eyes if dude was provoked, whooped dudes A!!!, (maybe only one punch at that) and he gets hit with a charge.

"Killed dudes playin, was only boxin/
Accept twenty flat as your only option"

He goofed out and tasted that left and right Goof maker..

I'm pretty sure that fact that this lovely couple was just trying to enjoy their night, and this random guy comes and ridicules them in front of a whole restaurant of people will help his case out. The black couple has nothing but witnesses on their side.

Yellin racial epithets at me and my lady trying to have a good time? Sorry but that course of actions seems like the only one. Lawyer up.

I can just imagine her bringing that up in an argument later.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom