DS Original Playoff VIII.....

On some real stuff i wouldnt advise it , the sole on my 99 v's started seperating like 2 weeks ago.

feels bad man
30t6p3b.gif

Btw Any pics?

No way, they will crumble in no time.

I learned the hard way that as much as I want to buy OG's, I know I will always want to wear them, and that's a no no.

If you got them for $96, that's an amazing steal, enough to keep them as is and not wear them.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I learned the hard way that as much as I want to buy OG's, [color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]I know I will always want to wear them[/color], and that's a no no.

If you got them for $96, that's an amazing steal, enough to keep them as is and not wear them.

THIS!!  I always like to set myself up for disappointment by recapturing the feeling of what OG's felt like.

You got got. I bought a used pair in '02. Wore them twce, then poof! separated. I finally pulled them apart in October and threw them away. Sorry OP.

Looks wearable to me, based on the only cammera angle you provided. maybe a close up shot of the overal midsole and bottom. would allow me to pass judgement. Real talk i would wear them since you boughtem for an awesome price. I would carry an extra set of shoes in my back pack, just incase those vintage kicks giveway. you have a stand by pair to swap out. Whats bad about buying OG sneakers, is you dont know if the previous owner handled the kicks properly or maybe he didnt, he just touched it up by follwing the restoration tips from niketalk. It risky but you came out winning good luck.   

Originally Posted by PTone

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I learned the hard way that as much as I want to buy OG's, [color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]I know I will always want to wear them[/color], and that's a no no.

THIS!!  I always like to set myself up for disappointment by recapturing the feeling of what OG's felt like.
THIS!!!

Wierd finding this thread 
eek.gif
!! i finally got my Og 93' playoff 8's a year ago for 100 bucks on eBAY in great condition 7/10 to be exact with a solid midsole and was too tempted not to try them on... once on,  i decided to walk in them for less than a minute in my living room. once off i noticed little black specks/chunks on the carpet afterwards thinking Wow someone brought in crap from the outside
ohwell.gif
  little did i know it was the polyurethane midsole itself CRUMBLING before my very own eyes
sick.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
  n now they are worthless
frown.gif
 save yur money and DONT WEAR THEM!!

OG VIIIs *WILL* Crack. It doesn't matter how you kept them, you wear them, they'll fall apart.

02-03s are a shaky prospect too from what i've heard.

Back
Top Bottom