Wade never had any good Converse kicks
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

dwyane-wades-facelift-20051005113422468-000_thumb_ign.jpg
dwyane-wades-facelift-20051005112400175-000_thumb_ign.jpg
dwyane-wades-facelift-20051005112315977-000_thumb_ign.jpg
dwyane-wades-facelift-20051005112454847-000_thumb_ign.jpg

if im correct. Wade once told reporters that he has 1000 pair of Jordans plus other exclusive kicks . He even showed his closet full of Cool Grey XI. Dude wasa Nike head long before he signed with Converse. Can't wait for him to rock some Nike Wades
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by hlf man hlf amzng

ya. gotta go with everyone else. technically he was already with the swoosh. doubt they'll give him a NIKE sig though. he'll just probably ball with one of the team shoes.
how are you NOT going to give one of the game's mega-stars his own signature line.
i doubt he'd consider "downgrading" from his own signature line to wearing PEs

nerd.gif

if hes such a massive sneaker head why did he sign with converse in the first place? and why didnt he continue to wear jay's?

haha his face is classic
roll.gif

^notice the 5 on the heel so he was getting pe's

Originally Posted by offbad

Originally Posted by hlf man hlf amzng

ya. gotta go with everyone else. technically he was already with the swoosh. doubt they'll give him a NIKE sig though. he'll just probably ball with one of the team shoes.
how are you NOT going to give one of the game's mega-stars his own signature line.
i doubt he'd consider "downgrading" from his own signature line to wearing PEs

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by KenJi714

if im correct. Wade once told reporters that he has 1000 pair of Jordans plus other exclusive kicks . He even showed his closet full of Cool Grey XI. Dude was a Nike head long before he signed with Converse. Can't wait for him to rock some Nike Wades
pimp.gif

i live in miami. and i had seen Dwade a few times and he's always rocking jordans.. from CDP 4s to cool grey 11s which i have seen on a few times
And my Girlfriends dad went to his house to fix his phoneline and saw a room with Thousands of Nikes and Jordan.
Soo ill expect him to finally get some Reall shoes

I rather see him with his own nike line but this will do. I hope they look nothing like Melo's or CP3's cause they look like trash imo.

Here's the article. I would rather see him go to Nike and get his own guard shoe a la Zoom MVP...something similar to that. JB has been garbage for yearsnow.

NBA scoring champion Dwyane Wade(notes)is changing shoes, making the switch from Converse to Nike's Jordan Brand.

Nike announced Friday that the star Miami Heat guard will now berepresenting the Jumpman label, joining the likes of Chris Paul(notes), Carmelo Anthony(notes)and Derek Jeter.

Wade had three years remaining on his deal with Converse, which had him as the centerpiece of its attempt to reinvigorate the company's once-thrivingbasketball business. That relationship seemed rocky when the 2006 NBA finals MVP rarely wore his most recently released signature shoe, the "Wade 4,"last season, favoring an older model instead.

The Jordan Brand is a 12-year-old division of Nike, which also owns Converse.

"I grew up on the south side of Chicago idolizing Michael Jordan and have worked hard to achieve the same success that he's had on the court,"Wade said. "I have enormous respect for this brand."

Wade told The Associated Press that he inquired about switching allegiances from Converse to Jordan's brand before the 2008 Beijing Olympics, doing so,he said, out of concern over Converse's long-term viability in the basketball marketplace.

The 2008 request was declined, but earlier this month, Wade said he was "almost positive" a switch would happen.

"I didn't want to be in the Converse brand anymore because it seemed like they didn't know what to do with me," Wade told The AP.

Coming off a year where the Heat went from 15 to 43 wins and Wade won his first scoring title, Nike apparently agreed that the switch now made sense.

"I'm thrilled to have Dwyane Wade join the Team Jordan family," Michael Jordan said.

The deal was finalized Thursday afternoon. Complete terms were not released, although it was believed that the new deal, at minimum, matches the remainingthree years on the Converse contract.

It's a significant add to Wade's endorsement resume, which already includes deals with T-Mobile and Gatorade.

"I want to go global," said Wade, who is planning a trip to China later this summer for a series of business meetings and appearances."It's something I feel like I have to do. I want to continue to build my brand."

Wade made a cryptic reference to the move on his Twitter feed late Thursday night, saying he had "good news coming…..stay tuned." Dozens of peoplequickly starting pleading for more information, even Wimbledon finalist Andy Roddick, who inquired via Twitter if that was Wade's way of saying he hadagreed to a contract extension with the Heat.

The move wasn't totally unexpected: As recently as last week, Wade was at a charity event with children in Miami wearing apparel featuring the Jumpmanlogo, prompting one of the kids he was meeting with to ask if he still was aligned with Converse.

Wade donned a blue pair of Converse sneakers at the Zo's Summer Groove game he co-hosted Sunday with Alonzo Mourning(notes).

That'll likely be his last appearance in that brand. A "Wade 5" shoe was to be released by Converse in the coming weeks, although it now seemslikely that orders from retailers for that model will be canceled.

nice.

but if he gets a JB signature line, hope they look better than melo's. his have been meh for awhile.

Originally Posted by igotthatfire247

TOLD YOU, J.
grin.gif

Although this should probably go in the Jordan forum since he'll be rocking J's on the court.
you were right, but i thought he would be with the Nike brand....didn't think he would be going with the Jordan brand....Jordan brand hassucked for some time....

wiggity wiggity wack, he's with JB. i thought he was gonna get his own Air Zoom Wade or something.
and his PEs are gonna be "meh" too because his team colors are red/black/white unless he gets traded

Who cares about D Wade going to Jordan? How many people in the summer league do you see rocking any type of Jordans? Maybe a couple. It's all about KobeBryant. I'd say over 30% are rockin his IV's. D Wade is a good player but no one loves him the way they love Kobe. It's just a fact. Wade mighteven take over as the front man for Jordan over CP3 and Carmelo, but it's not gonna change a damn thing.

Back
Top Bottom