• No Man's Sky

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

• Butt Sniffin Pugs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't understand how the idea of a developer having to take into consideration decade old hardware when developing a new game could NOT be construed as a bad thing

Why are people so upset with cross gen doe?
Game has to be downgraded to run on old gen. Basically been held back.

Seems to me complaining about games has become just a big as a hobby to people, as actually playing them.

The irony of YOU saying this is magnificent. 

How?

I barely post about games on NT.

And the majority of my post is me *****ing about games? Really :lol:

Your imagination outchea running wild, work to Hulkamania

Last edited:
92qlnrP.gif

Stanley level excitement until I see something worthy of the Homer gif

How?

And the majority of my post is me *****ing about games? Really
laugh.gif

I feel like all you do is find fault in games... I mean, look at your first couple posts in this thread. Level 5 games deliver (recently) but heaven forbid anyone in here get excited about it. 

You dismiss the IDEA of it before even seeing it. But nah, you're right. You're the video game Mormon missionary, coming to our door, preaching about the glory of all video games.

I do appareciate the continued WWF/E references though. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
How?

And the majority of my post is me *****ing about games? Really :lol:

I feel like all you do is find fault in games... I mean, look at your first couple posts in this thread. Level 5 games deliver (recently) but heaven forbid anyone in here get excited about it. 

You dismiss the IDEA of it before even seeing it. But nah, you're right. You're the video game Mormon missionary, coming to our door, preaching about the glory of all video games.

I do appareciate the continued WWF/E references though. :lol:  

I wasn't dismissing the game. I was mocking PS fans, and their excited about niche Japanese games. :lol:

You might fine post of me knocking games here and there. But to imply I do all the time is patently false.

I sense a gentle rustle in your jimmies brah. My plan is working perfectly :smokin

Last edited:
So it's not a hobby for you yet, just an occasional treat? 

Four more sleeps, Rusty. 
laugh.gif
 Boost better be back like 95 Jordan. Or at least give me some solid minutes ala Shaun Livingston.

I really don't buy this as a legit reason to be upset. I have yet to see a game where last gen consoles truly ruined a game too.

Devs seem to just being using this as an excuse to smooth outrage, and no one every seems to acknowledge the obvious trade off

For example Destiny. Bungie comes out and says the last gen consoles held them back, well, if those version didn't exist your huge *** budget wouldn't have been approved anyway.

So all those amazing features that you swore could have put in the game if you didn't have the last gen console to worry about, you would not have had the money and resources to work on them anyway.

It is basically training one constraint for other. Same deal with the PC fans complaining about consoles in regards to the Witcher 3

Seems to me complaining about games has become just a big as a hobby to people, as actually playing them.

You won't see a game where last gen has hurt it because you won't know how it would be if only developed for current gen.

This guy explains though, some of the decisions you have to make when making games cross gen.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=166065803&postcount=117

Cross gen games are always needed at the start of the gen because of their large user base. It's been well over a year now though and the rate of adoption for this current gen is the fastest ever. Who knows how many units sold, the PS4 is at now.

Heres Ubisofts results for the last financial year.

HXrK2uH.png

52% of sales on current gen consoles compared to 26% on last gen. Year before that at the start of current gen, the roles were reversed.

Everyone is moving on. It's time for last gen to die (for high budget games with a big scope).

PC gamers complaining about consoles though, yea that makes no sense.

Last edited:
Again, I don't understand how it isn't clear that cross-gen = sacrificed quality

If devs really are making cream from current gen consoles now, fine. Let's all move on. The last gen was buns compared to the one that came before it anyway.

Not for Ubisoft though, they made so much money off Just Dance.

Thats why the Wii has more sales for them in that chart than the Wii U :lol:

I enjoyed last gen. took me out of my comfort zone.

I really don't buy this as a legit reason to be upset. I have yet to see a game where last gen consoles truly ruined a game too.

Devs seem to just being using this as an excuse to smooth outrage, and no one every seems to acknowledge the obvious trade off

For example Destiny. Bungie comes out and says the last gen consoles held them back, well, if those version didn't exist your huge *** budget wouldn't have been approved anyway.

So all those amazing features that you swore could have put in the game if you didn't have the last gen console to worry about, you would not have had the money and resources to work on them anyway.

It is basically training one constraint for other. Same deal with the PC fans complaining about consoles in regards to the Witcher 3

You won't see a game where last gen has hurt it because you won't know how it would be if only developed for current gen.

This guy explains though, some of the decisions you have to make when making games cross gen.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=166065803&postcount=117

Cross gen games are always needed at the start of the gen because of their large user base. It's been well over a year now though and the rate of adoption for this current gen is the fastest ever. Who knows how many units sold, the PS4 is at now.

Heres Ubisofts results for the last financial year.

HXrK2uH.png

52% of sales on current gen consoles compared to 26% on last gen. Year before that at the start of current gen, the roles were reversed.

Everyone is moving on. It's time for last gen to die (for high budget games with a big scope).

PC gamers complaining about consoles though, yea that makes no sense

I'm not arguing that it doesn't hurt.

I'm arguing that it is not a major problem. At least not point where point that people should be upset

That choosing to include previous gen consoles is not some arbitrary decision

Again, I don't understand how it isn't clear that cross-gen = sacrificed quality

If devs really are making cream from current gen consoles now, fine. Let's all move on. The last gen was buns compared to the one that came before it anyway.

Can we expect this level of insight from you for the entire thread brah? :lol:

I'm arguing that it is not a major problem. At least not point where point that people should be upset

If its been in development for a while then the decision to make it cross gen might have been made years ago to be on the safe side.

As for it not hurting, here is an example of what happens when a game is built for current gen, then you try and port it to last gen instead of making cut backs across the board.

Project Cars Wii U stalled, may be delayed until NX

Development on the Wii U version of crowd-funded racer Project Cars has hit a bump in the road.

UK developer Slightly Mad Studios has said it is struggling to get the game running well on Nintendo's hardware - and it may now miss the Wii U altogether.

"At the moment we're running at about 23fps on the Wii U," studio boss Ian Bell explained via the game's official forum. That's 720p, not 1080p.

"Honestly, unless we really cut the looks back I think we're looking to Nintendo's next console."

Bell made it clear he had no firm insider knowledge on when we would hear more about Nintendo's forthcoming NX hardware, but said that he hoped to hear more next month at E3.

"We're awaiting/hoping for more of a hardware announcement at E3..." he continued. "We could reach a fairly solid 30fps but it might take a hell of a lot of work.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...u-development-stalled-may-be-delayed-until-nx

Wii U is not even last gen but the point is weak hardware is always a problem so I can see why people would be upset. 720p and 23fps :x :x

FFXV dumped last gen so fast :lol:
Imagine if it was cross gen, yea I would be def be upset.

Last edited:

If its been in development for a while then the decision to make it cross gen might have been made years ago to be on the safe side.

As for it not hurting, here is an example of what happens when a game is built for current gen, then you try and port it to last gen instead of making cut backs across the board.

Then when people would just wait on the sequel. My point is that it is not that big of a deal for people to get upset over.

Devs did what they thought was best at the time. Those extra sales they pick up will definitely help them too.

So just power through this transition period and chill.

Project Cars Wii U stalled, may be delayed until NX

Development on the Wii U version of crowd-funded racer Project Cars has hit a bump in the road.

UK developer Slightly Mad Studios has said it is struggling to get the game running well on Nintendo's hardware - and it may now miss the Wii U altogether.

"At the moment we're running at about 23fps on the Wii U," studio boss Ian Bell explained via the game's official forum. That's 720p, not 1080p.

"Honestly, unless we really cut the looks back I think we're looking to Nintendo's next console."

Bell made it clear he had no firm insider knowledge on when we would hear more about Nintendo's forthcoming NX hardware, but said that he hoped to hear more next month at E3.

"We're awaiting/hoping for more of a hardware announcement at E3..." he continued. "We could reach a fairly solid 30fps but it might take a hell of a lot of work.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...u-development-stalled-may-be-delayed-until-nx

Wii U is not even last gen but the point is weak hardware is always a problem so I can see why people would be upset. 720p and 23fps :x :x

FFXV dumped last gen so fast :lol:
Imagine if it was cross gen, yea I would be def be upset.

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh

Wii U. That struggle console can barely run anything not first party :lol:

But you're moving the goal post. How has the WiiU hurt the PS4 and Xbox One editions?

Last edited:
Looking forward to hearing more about:

Halo 5
The Division (still irked it got moved into 2016)
Mass Effect

Xbox games seem to be on the up and up and I'm excited to see what's in store.

Didn't know The Division release got moved. Was looking forward to that game.

I want to know what game Rusty wants to see. Give me your take on where the industry needs to go.

Last edited:
I want to know what game Rusty wants to see. Give me your take on where the industry needs to go.

I typed a up prediction list. I'll post it later in the week. Since you asked I'll include my opinions on the industry brah

I want some constructive discussion before the shadefest on E3 Monday :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom