Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

• Butt Sniffin Pugs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not arguing that it doesn't hurt.

I'm arguing that it is not a major problem. At least not point where point that people should be upset

That choosing to include previous gen consoles is not some arbitrary decision

If its been in development for a while then the decision to make it cross gen might have been made years ago to be on the safe side.

As for it not hurting, here is an example of what happens when a game is built for current gen, then you try and port it to last gen instead of making cut backs across the board.

Then when people would just wait on the sequel. My point is that it is not that big of a deal for people to get upset over.

Devs did what they thought was best at the time. Those extra sales they pick up will definitely help them too.

So just power through this transition period and chill.

Project Cars Wii U stalled, may be delayed until NX

Development on the Wii U version of crowd-funded racer Project Cars has hit a bump in the road.

UK developer Slightly Mad Studios has said it is struggling to get the game running well on Nintendo's hardware - and it may now miss the Wii U altogether.

"At the moment we're running at about 23fps on the Wii U," studio boss Ian Bell explained via the game's official forum. That's 720p, not 1080p.

"Honestly, unless we really cut the looks back I think we're looking to Nintendo's next console."

Bell made it clear he had no firm insider knowledge on when we would hear more about Nintendo's forthcoming NX hardware, but said that he hoped to hear more next month at E3.

"We're awaiting/hoping for more of a hardware announcement at E3..." he continued. "We could reach a fairly solid 30fps but it might take a hell of a lot of work.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...u-development-stalled-may-be-delayed-until-nx

Wii U is not even last gen but the point is weak hardware is always a problem so I can see why people would be upset. 720p and 23fps :x :x

FFXV dumped last gen so fast :lol:
Imagine if it was cross gen, yea I would be def be upset.

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh

Wii U. That struggle console can barely run anything not first party :lol:

But you're moving the goal post. How has the WiiU hurt the PS4 and Xbox One editions?
Their first part py games are some of the best
What happened to a game just being fun
U don't need all the graphics and power for a game to be fun
Just peep the cellphone games as proof
I wish people would stop equating powerful consol
To mean games are better
I could put up Mario galaxy 1 and 2 up against any game last generation with the fun factor

I really cant think of any really good games(nothing great) on XB1 or PS4......maybe Final Fantasy XV demo
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
Since Wii U is the only console I own of the current gen, Nintendo is the main presentation I'm looking forward to. Last year they stole E3, not because of their presentation alone but cause of their whole format with the treehouse and the Smash Bros event.

This year it looks like they're doing something similar and I'm really looking forward to it cause hair developers and staff previewing the games and whatnot was awesome to see in a non scripted format.

Since zelda and talk about their new system is out of the question, I'm really hoping they have something up their sleeve, in thinking that it's Star Fox and that'll be their big holiday title but part of me really wants it to be a new Metroid.

How about VR?

I'm looking forward to it.

I think that's where the next big thing comes from, and I'm hoping it's No Man's Sky.

Last edited:
Since Wii U is the only console I own of the current gen, Nintendo is the main presentation I'm looking forward to. Last year they stole E3, not because of their presentation alone but cause of their whole format with the treehouse and the Smash Bros event.

This year it looks like they're doing something similar and I'm really looking forward to it cause hair developers and staff previewing the games and whatnot was awesome to see in a non scripted format.

Since zelda and talk about their new system is out of the question, I'm really hoping they have something up their sleeve, in thinking that it's Star Fox and that'll be their big holiday title but part of me really wants it to be a new Metroid.
U picked up splatoon yet?

Then when people would just wait on the sequel. My point is that it is not that big of a deal for people to get upset over.

Devs did what they thought was best at the time. Those extra sales they pick up will definitely help them too.

So just power through this transition period and chill.
Bruuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh

Wii U. That struggle console can barely run anything not first party :lol:

But you're moving the goal post. How has the WiiU hurt the PS4 and Xbox One editions?

Wait on a sequel :lol: games take ages to come out these days. Being a SE fan, i'm used to it though.
The transition period is a necessity but old gen should be wrapped up by now for big titles.
We're reaching the point where developing for last gen might not even be worth it from a cost standpoint it if the sales are low for last gen versions.

You're right though in that we just have to chill and accept it but its no problem since the majority have moved.

My point with the Wii U version of Project cars was because Wii U wasn't involved at first, no compromise was made to the original game on PC and current gen. So when it's time to port the game to the Wii U after the original has released, you get 23fps on 720p with all the effects such as weather and 45 cars on track. If the Wii-U or last gen consoles were involved throughout then you are looking at downgrades across the board to accomodate them. Thats why they dropped PS3 and 360 and will most likely drop the game for the Wii U.

Most big cross gen titles have had to make cuts but since we aren't the devs, we can't exactly list out all the downgrades. We can get clues from remasters but we won't know everything

Their first part py games are some of the best
What happened to a game just being fun
U don't need all the graphics and power for a game to be fun
Just peep the cellphone games as proof
I wish people would stop equating powerful consol
To mean games are better
I could put up Mario galaxy 1 and 2 up against any game last generation with the fun factor

Powerful console doesn't mean games are better. One of my favorite games of all time is Pokemon Yellow which I'm sure most calculators these days can run.
With powerful consoles though, the devs get more flexibility so that they can achieve their vision. FFXV was moved to PS4 because PS3 couldn't do what they envisioned for the game.

Guys who made Project cars wanted a SIM racer which is why some races have up to 45 cars on track like real life. Controlling the AI for 45 cars, with weather effects and trying to keep 60fps will need power. It might not sound like fun but it is for the racing SIM fans and having a powerful console means that type of game is achievable.

Weak console means less games.

How about VR?

I'm looking forward to it.

I think that's where the next big thing comes from, and I'm hoping it's No Man's Sky.

My Man

Looking to see more VR stuff including EVE Valkyrie.

Fallout 4 Officially Revealed for PC, Xbox One, PS4

View media item 1563987
Bethesda has officially revealed Fallout 4 for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.

The game's official website now shows box art for Fallout 4 on Xbox One, PS4 and PC. This confirms that the next entry is current-gen only, and will not be released for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Although it also features a video, presumably with a cinematic trailer, this is not available to watch yet. The video is scheduled to go live 7 AM PT (3 PM UK time)

Bethesda is expected to show more of Fallout 4 at its E3 press briefing in Los Angeles on June 14. This is the first time the company is hosting its own press conference, creating the expectation that it has lots of big titles to exhibit.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-officially-revealed-for-pc-xbox-one-ps4/1100-6427776/

http://fallout4.com/

Last edited:
wishful thinking but i wish E3 surprised us xbox gamers with a ******* MLB game 

none of these stupid arcade games either

2k hasn't put out a game in 2-3 years now the MLB license about expire. MVPabout to make the comeback.

But still MLB the show>>>>>>>> any baseball game

[h1]New Mighty No. 9 gameplay trailer debuts[/h1]

Plus, publisher Deep Silver confirms Cross-Buy support

View media item 1564147
So, on to the news! We saw that, let’s just say, more than a few of you have asked about this, so it gives us great pleasure to announce that Mighty No. 9 will support Cross-Buy across PS4, PS3 and PS Vita. What’s cooler than that? Well, how about the fact that Cross-Buy will be available on both the digital versions and the PS4 retail version

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/06/03/new-mighty-no-9-gameplay-trailer-debuts/

[rule]

Rocket League Out July 7th, Sweet Tooth Joins Roster - $19.99

What the headline doesn’t tell you is that Rocket League will also be one of the few games in history that supports PS4/ PC cross-play — meaning that owners of both the console version and the PC version will be able to team up or go head-to-head in the same matches when the game launches early next month!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/06/03/rocket-league-out-july-7th-sweet-tooth-joins-roster/

My body is ready for both.

We need to get some NT matches running if enough people are interested.

Back
Top Bottom