Easily one of the best commercials I've ever seen

laugh.gif

Ok so I've come across a new mind-boggling development in the logic of the commercial from an unexpected source, my dad. I loved the commercial and wanted to share it with him as it was just heart warming and a feel-good type of thing. So I show him and he's like well yea that's cool, but what if the place where he loaded the videos or the pictures went bad and there's no way to retrieve them and they're gone forever. My mind=blown because 1. I see myself as tech-savvy and can't believe I overlooked it and 2. He's 56 and doesn't know anything about computers I have to teach him how to use his iPhone.

So I wish he hadn't told me that because I was planning on doing something similar for my own child one day but now I can't help but feel it would be for nothing. Even if you didn't host them and just saved them as .jpg and .mov files, will computers in say.. 20 years after your child is born read those files?

Ok so I've come across a new mind-boggling development in the logic of the commercial from an unexpected source, my dad. I loved the commercial and wanted to share it with him as it was just heart warming and a feel-good type of thing. So I show him and he's like well yea that's cool, but what if the place where he loaded the videos or the pictures went bad and there's no way to retrieve them and they're gone forever. My mind=blown because 1. I see myself as tech-savvy and can't believe I overlooked it and 2. He's 56 and doesn't know anything about computers I have to teach him how to use his iPhone.

So I wish he hadn't told me that because I was planning on doing something similar for my own child one day but now I can't help but feel it would be for nothing. Even if you didn't host them and just saved them as .jpg and .mov files, will computers in say.. 20 years after your child is born read those files?

guess we will find out when the time comes

i have pics and videos in my gmail from when i was a freshman in highschool...6 years ago

guess we will find out when the time comes

i have pics and videos in my gmail from when i was a freshman in highschool...6 years ago

Originally Posted by KickHead23

It's all saved in your Google account. Unless Google goes bad, you should be straight, right? Might not hurt to save them in a external HD, too.

It's all saved in your Google account. Unless Google goes bad, you should be straight, right? Might not hurt to save them in a external HD, too.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Well yea in that sense if your referring to the actual account then yes, you are correct it seems plausible that google will certainly be around for another couple decades. I was referring to the actual attached files that you would be attaching (or links such as the ones to youtube, google earth, etc. or if you upload photos to photobucket and link them, they prob wont be there in 20 years) 

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Well yea in that sense if your referring to the actual account then yes, you are correct it seems plausible that google will certainly be around for another couple decades. I was referring to the actual attached files that you would be attaching (or links such as the ones to youtube, google earth, etc. or if you upload photos to photobucket and link them, they prob wont be there in 20 years) 

Back
Top Bottom